Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,412 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jh0400
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Is there any Weldwerks left in CO...?

Also... Congrats!
dave99ag
AG
Congrats on the girl!

Just think about how much you'll have to drink when she's 16.
Scriffer
AG
Represent830 said:

Yesterday was a good day:

Sciffer hooking me up with some BBTs, great guy. And I don't care what BSD says, NCol is good people. Hooked me up with some great coffee too for my Chemex.

Oh and I found out I'm having a baby girl.

Here's hoping she takes after her mother.
maca1028
Congrats Rep
AgEng06
AG
Congrats man!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Congrats
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picked up Bells Amarillo at the beer store. Bottled 2/20. Not bad.

Also picked up Abyss aged in Scotch Barrels. Freaking better be worth the $30/bottle.
Represent830
AG
Scriffer said:

Represent830 said:

Yesterday was a good day:

Sciffer hooking me up with some BBTs, great guy. And I don't care what BSD says, NCol is good people. Hooked me up with some great coffee too for my Chemex.

Oh and I found out I'm having a baby girl.

Here's hoping she takes after her mother.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Congrats Rep! That Nutella achromatic sounds amazing.
Jock 07
AG
Congrats, are you kicking off the second round of beer thread babies?
cc10106
Speaking of Weldwerks, I drank my Vanilla Medianoche last weekend, and it was fantastic, albeit just behind the coconut 'noche crowler I had last year.

As for tonight, this black currant kettle sour porter from Oasis Texas is doing the trick.

Represent830
AG
Thanks guys. I'm incredibly blessed. I have an amazing family, supportive friends, and thanks to most of you, lots of good beer to drink to celebrate and share this news to. I'm very fortunate.
Scriffer
AG
Rep is a good guy, no matter what I say on here.
dave99ag
AG
One bit of advice. Be sure to move the glass of beer as far into the center of your coffee table once she starts cruising and reaching for things.
BSD
AG
That's awesome, Rep!
Represent830
AG
dave99ag said:

One bit of advice. Be sure to move the glass of beer as far into the center of your coffee table once she starts cruising and reaching for things.
I have a lab with a crazy tail, so I've learned this lesson already.

In fact, I think a lot of lessons I've learned from owning a dog can translate to children. I can just put her in a crate for a few hours with some food and a drink canister with a spout on it, right? I'm sure that's ok.
Represent830
AG
Jock 07 said:

Congrats, are you kicking off the second round of beer thread babies?
That's up to the rest of you.
AggieOO
Represent830 said:

In fact, I think a lot of lessons I've learned from owning a dog can translate to children. I can just put her in a crate for a few hours with some food and a drink canister with a spout on it, right? I'm sure that's ok.
this is why i don't have kids.
DallasAggie2012
62strat
AG
dave99ag said:

man I looked over one time and my 2 year old was holding my full pint glass with both hands walking towards me saying 'daddy's drink'. I was like woaaaaah there little buddy you stay put, I'll come to you. There a very few safe places left since I built him that dang kitchen helper. Pretty much stays in my hand.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I think its becoming obvious that we need to invent a child proof lid for standard pint and tulip glasses that keeps kids from either accidentally spilling or taking a sip of your beverage. Texags Beer Thread money right there. All proceeds go to future bottle shares.
dave99ag
AG
It's not the drinking I'm worried about. It's the breakage. Our little one drinks from his cup and then drops it like a mic with zero effs given. He's slowly learning to put it back down gently.

Out of reach is our best chance right now until our little giant can reach the counter tops. When that happens I'll just have to find a new safe space.
Kyle98
AG
dave99ag said:

It's not the drinking I'm worried about. It's the breakage. Our little one drinks from his cup and then drops it like a mic with zero effs given. He's slowly learning to put it back down gently.

Out of reach is our best chance right now until our little giant can reach the counter tops. When that happens I'll just have to find a new safe space.
Ours likes to randomly drop her cup on the ground and grin. She'll hold it out over the edge of her high chair tray, look at me or my wife with a huge smile, and let go. Sometimes it hits the dog on the head while he's sitting there hoping she'll drop something more tasty for him. I tell him that's what he gets for being under there.

I had her stick her whole hand in a glass of homebrewed IPA the other day. I managed to stop her before she then put the hand in her mouth.
dave99ag
AG
Basically babies are a**holes.
jah003
S
Pro tip: just don't put your beer down...
NColoradoAG
I have a feeling 2018 is going to be the year of the vasectomy for this thread
Kyle98
AG
jah003 said:

Pro tip: just don't put your beer down...

My sitiation came about because I was holding the beer AND the baby, and didn't move one of them fast enough. Babies are like ninjas. They're sneaky fast.
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

4 years in. No regarts.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

NColoradoAG said:

4 years in. No regarts.
2 years cum The Masters Tournament for me
maca1028
NColoradoAG said:

My top 3
1. Meeting my wife
2. Having children
3. Getting snipped.
turfman80
AG

A classic style IPA.
steve00
AG
Love that stuff. My favorite local pizza shop is at least 50% due to the fact that they always have two hearted on tap. I do think it tastes slightly better out of the can than the bottle.
docaggie
AG
dave99ag said:

Basically babies are a**holes.
They're the worst roommates imaginable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Represent830
AG

Celebrating baby girl
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Sharing this one with reese. Good *****

First Page Last Page
Page 1158 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.