Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,672,607 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by maca1028
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028 said:

This is pretty good.

That stopper will keep carbonation for a couple of days.

It's good but I'm disappointed in it for $16.

Can't imagine being disappointed in a $650 beer.
AggieStout
AG
Can't find any good golly around my normal Austin spots. I don't think the HEBs up north have a shipment yet.
BSD
AG
jetch17 said:

Here's my one taste of living vicariously through yalls TG trip... thanks for blowing a SOSUS load in my mouth BSD! Even if it means me taking a chubby, I will ssssssuck it up

Your welcome?
jh0400
AG
Anyone going to Brash for their release of Death From Above?
Scriffer
AG
At the Peticolas Taproom today. Very cool spot.
jh0400
AG
One of my favorites

BSD
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

FYI: Rtic is having a sale on their coolers. Just ordered a tan 45Q for $130, and the 65Q were only a couple bucks more

I picked up a 45 and a 65. The stickers I've acquired over time are starting to be applied.

turfman80
AG
Nice Surly sticker
Chipotlemonger
AG
How is that year drinking right now?
jh0400
AG
It was good. I have one more 2015 that I'm going to let go for another year to see how much more it will dry out.
jh0400
AG
BSD said:

streetfighter2012 said:

FYI: Rtic is having a sale on their coolers. Just ordered a tan 45Q for $130, and the 65Q were only a couple bucks more

I picked up a 45 and a 65. The stickers I've acquired over time are starting to be applied.

Of all the things it's ok to spend money on, my wife would flip out if I were to spend $150 on an ice chest. Otherwise I'd have been all over that 65.
La Fours
AG
You should check out their scratch and dent stuff at the warehouse. This coolers are selling for big time discounts.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea I have a 2015 that I'll likely open soonish.
jh0400
AG
La Fours said:

You should check out their scratch and dent stuff at the warehouse. This coolers are selling for big time discounts.

Even discounted they're too much in her eyes. I can't complain too much. She doesn't complain about my obsession with buying new fishing rods or the several hundred dollars worth of Scotch I keep in my desk at work. She also making a trip to Santa Rosa because she "could go for a fresh Pliny." There's just something about an ice chest that costs more than $50...
La Fours
AG
That's fair.

It's cool she likes good beer. My wife doesn't. On one hand I don't mind because then I would have to share. But it would be nice for those times I want to go to JK or some other brewery not in BCS.
jh0400
AG
Imagine sharing all of your good beer with someone whether you want to or not...
maca1028
I spent full price for my yeti years ago and don't regret it one bit, I use the **** out of it.
La Fours
AG
Yeah. That's the big reason I'm not working really hard on trying to win her over on beer.
BSD
AG
jh0400 said:

Imagine sharing all of your good beer with someone whether you want to or not...

welcome to my world.
corndog04
AG
hennyj15 said:

maca1028 said:

This is pretty good.

That stopper will keep carbonation for a couple of days.

It's good but I'm disappointed in it for $16.

Can't imagine being disappointed in a $650 beer.

Was only $13 at my local Kroger. Grabbed the couple they had out.
dave99ag
AG
There are a handful of Good Golly's at Tower Point HEB in the end cap cooler.
maca1028
Stared it this for while today before finally buying it for $24.99. So good.

Jason_Ag98
AG
My beer guy offered me a bottle of Cantillon Fou Foune but at $199 I passed - mistake or not?
jah003
S
Jason_Ag98 said:

My beer guy offered me a bottle of Cantillon Fou Foune but at $199 I passed - mistake or not?

Is beer Bourbon now...?
Hudson2508
AG
Not a mistake at all. He's a dick. You can buy it on MyBeerCollectibles for less than $125 normally.
Hudson2508
AG
http://www.mybeercollectibles.com/listing/cantillon-1-fou-foune-2016-750ml/206015
army01
AG
I am flying in to San Diego on Monday afternoon and will be staying in Carlsbad and working both there and San Marcos for the week. Planning on hitting up Toronado on Monday and Port/Lost Abbey on Thursday after work.

Does anyone have any bottle shop recs for up that way? I've never had Pliny (crazy, right?) and want to make sure I get some. Any other tap room or bar recommendations are appreciated.
steve00
AG
Texas Wine and Spirits in Carlsbad has a pretty solid beer selection. I have a pretty solid beer/bouton/mezcal selection as well, so check in with me and I'll see if I can hook you up.

Toronado will be your best shot at Pliny. They have it most of the time. Down near there is Bottlecraft, which has good selection. Bine & Vine isn't too far either.
jah003
S
Jason_Ag98 said:

You're in the Austin area right? Where is this? Is it Fridaze?
Jason_Ag98
AG
He's normally not too far out of line, and to be fair it was one of the new guys rather than the owner I usually deal with so it could have been a mistake. Maybe it was supposed to be $119 instead. I'll ask the owner about it next time I see him.

Thanks for the feedback, and glad I made the right call!
Hudson2508
AG
That sounds about right considering their normal beer markup. Didn't know they were a place reselling beer that isn't distributed here.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

That sounds about right considering their normal beer markup. Didn't know they were a place reselling beer that isn't distributed here.
Seems incredibly illegal... TABC would be all over that if they found out.
Jason_Ag98
AG
You're probably right - I edited just in case. Don't want to get the guy in trouble.
Connd

Brash milk and the venom.
They know how to make a stout.
Represent830
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

I've been trying to trade for a Fou for a while now but I wouldn't have thought twice about passing. Not for 2 bills.
First Page Last Page
Page 1135 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.