Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,563 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 62strat
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine arrived today. I knew I wouldn't be able to go hunt it, so I gave BeerShip.com a go. Shipping got slowed down bc of snowstorms, but customer service was great.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Dissident
AggieStout
AG
jayelbee said:

Is there any news on The Abyss variants making it to texas?

I think they are just starting to come in. Thought I saw a post this morning about the scotch one but can't remember whose twitter it was posted on and can't find it anymore posted.
txag2008
AG
Any DFW folk tried any beers from Manhattan Project? Apparently they're using Bitter Sisters brewery facility for now. Their Half Life IPA sounds tasty
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
Been meaning to post this. Thanks Steve!

BSD
AG
It's that pinewood derby time of year...

jah003
S
FYI... KBBS glassware up on TG's website...
http://tgbrews.wazala.com/category/glassware
maca1028
Non beer question, what size container did you use to cook your franklin brisket?
Jock 07
AG
Also not beer related but figured y'all might get a kick out of this which I stumbled upon this evening.

dave99ag
AG
Three bottles for $2k. Sounds like a normal trip to TG.
Scriffer
AG
Shipping is a little steep, but I think they take a flat-rate approach. Spreading it out over a few pricey beers brings it down from exorbitant to just excessive. I definitely am not going to make a habit of it.
AggieStout
AG
jah003 said:

FYI... KBBS glassware up on TG's website...
http://tgbrews.wazala.com/category/glassware
Didnt see this till now. All sold out.
62strat
AG
RR getting quite an upgrade.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/food/article/Russian-River-Brewing-Co-reveals-plans-for-new-10850683.php?cmpid=gsa-sfgate-result
The Milkman
AG
Sold!
dixie whiskey
AG
so, **** karbach and all, and ive still stuck with boycotting all their non bbh and certain f.u.n. releases (the f.u.n. exemption was created mostly with this release in mind in my defense), but dammit it pains me to say good golly miss Molly is outstanding. 3 legged lab was my favorite of their non BA stuff by a mile, and the bourbon barrel treatment takes it up to 11. ive got one more bottle i planned on stashing for a while, but thats gonna be a challenge.

luckily short of bbh variants (is coffee corfirmed as next?), i cant think of another beer in their lineup combined with any particilar spirits barrel that ill feel compelled to buy and contribute further to the evil empire, so this should be it for me and f.u.n. beers for some time. im counting this one as pre inbev era anyway. now that its out of the way, inbev can get to work helping karbach pump out the next few f.u.n. releases:

016 zee german pils beechwood aged with rice
017 krunkin pumpkin aged in rumplemintz.. barrels?
018 hopadillo aged 28 months in an east texas warehouse
019 a tbd beer that was discontinued due to nobody wanting it is brought back to be aged in franzia spacebags inside commemorative arena football team art boxes. much like 014 it will help inbev dominate the shelf space wars as nobody will buy that **** either
020 rodeo clown just gets labeled as a tripel instead of a iipa. the beer doesn't change, just gets more confusing. it doesnt even come in a f.u.n. bottle, just a beat up old rodeo clown can edited with a sharpie
021 watered down hopadillo negro with lime syrup, corn, and water from the rio Grande aged in dirty tequiza bottles, with a subtle rusting performed under each cap

wow why dont i work for karbach yet, i didnt even get into previewing my ideas for non f.u.n. beers (spoiler alert they're all just the existing beers but "light")

MathNewman06
streetfighter2012
AG
FYI: Rtic is having a sale on their coolers. Just ordered a tan 45Q for $130, and the 65Q were only a couple bucks more
Post removed:
by user
DallasAggie2012
AG
I've tried Bible Belt many times trying to find out why some people love it so much, and I just haven't ever found it. I think it's got a great nose but then I'm slightly disappointed when I actually taste a sip. I know a lot of people love it, but I prefer Bomb! a lot more if I'm spending money on a Prairie beer.

Can't speak to the barrel aged Bible Belt though. I won't pick any up most likely since I don't love the base beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jayelbee said:

Prairie/Evil Twin Bible Belt and BA Bible Belt good?

I'm a sucker for Prairie, so I'll probably buy some.

Bible Belt is one of the best beers I've had. Absolutely loved it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great coin flip posts of ours.

I enjoyed BB but it's been a long while since I had it.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah you nailed exactly what I mean when saying some people love it and others it just doesn't quite hit all the notes for. So bizarre. I normally find myself agreeing with most people on beers that I enjoy, but Bible Belt just doesn't quite do it for me.haha

I'd say try it if you like most Prairie stuff though!
Post removed:
by user
Inspector Spacetime
AG
dixie whiskey said:

so, **** karbach and all, and ive still stuck with boycotting all their non bbh and certain f.u.n. releases (the f.u.n. exemption was created mostly with this release in mind in my defense), but dammit it pains me to say good golly miss Molly is outstanding. 3 legged lab was my favorite of their non BA stuff by a mile, and the bourbon barrel treatment takes it up to 11. ive got one more bottle i planned on stashing for a while, but thats gonna be a challenge.

(Clipped the quote for page flow's sake)

Thanks for the kind words and thoughtful FUN series ideas. I'll be sure to pass those along in the next R&D meeting

The actual upcoming beers will be:
KR&D Mint Chocolate Stout
Here Comes the Sun
OG BBH
FUN016: Neutral Oak English Barleywine
BBH Espresso
FUN017 Red Wine Barrel Here Comes the Sun
FUN018 Armagnac Barrel Aged Doppelbock (NOT smoked like Pontificator)

Somewhere in there we'll do a NE-style IPA and summer sour (on draft only) and introduce our two new year round cans.

I'll be sure to let y'all know when the Beechwood shipment comes in.
turfman80
AG
jah003
S
I LOVE GOLD!!!

La Fours
AG
jah003 said:

I LOVE GOLD!!!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome, been wanting to try this one!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Gold beverages remind me of two things that harken back to my college days...

And

ChipFTAC01
AG
Has anyone had any of the platypus beers in Houston?
maca1028
La Fours said:

jah003 said:

I LOVE GOLD!!!

cc10106
Inspector Spacetime said:

dixie whiskey said:

(Clipped the quote for page flow's sake)

Thanks for the kind words and thoughtful FUN series ideas. I'll be sure to pass those along in the next R&D meeting

The actual upcoming beers will be:
KR&D Mint Chocolate Stout
Here Comes the Sun
OG BBH
FUN016: Neutral Oak English Barleywine
BBH Espresso
FUN017 Red Wine Barrel Here Comes the Sun
FUN018 Armagnac Barrel Aged Doppelbock (NOT smoked like Pontificator)

Somewhere in there we'll do a NE-style IPA and summer sour (on draft only) and introduce our two new year round cans.

I'll be sure to let y'all know when the Beechwood shipment comes in.

I remember the mint chocolate BBH a couple years back; that was a winner. Speaking of Karbach, I stopped by for the first time in years tonight and had a couple pours at the restaurant. Good Golly was tasty as expected with the solid base, but BBH cherries was not good. Don't get me wrong, I drank it, as I am generally not one to send beers back, but it was gross. BBH chocolate is the best variant so far, especially on draft.
steve00
AG
steve00
AG
Somewhat disappointing for an RRBC beer.

Much happier with this. All the sediment went into the left glass.

Forgot to take a picture, but my next to last 2015 Westy was still great. Looking forward to the last one in my wine fridge. May be time for another Belgium order.
First Page Last Page
Page 1132 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.