Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,043 Views | 62485 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by SoTxAg
MathNewman06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is pretty great. Super sweet, but really tasty. BBA with coconut and turbinado sugar.
jah003
S
Represent830 said:

Is season 2 out??
You betcha. Watched episode 1 tonight... Feel like I need to go back and watch season 1.
La Fours
AG
The beer is fantastic.
AggieStout
AG
La Fours said:

AggieStout is a hell of a good dude. He grabbed two bottles of Real Ale Mysterium Verum Benedictum for me. Shipped them Friday morning and they arrived yesterday!! I just got back to town from my parents so later tonight after I take my son to see Rogue One, I'm cracking one open.

Thank you very much, sir.

Your welcome. Us beer guys stick together
62strat
AG
Good read for brief history of la folie.. possibly the first sour in US(?), and def. one that was at the forefront of this extraordinarily slow but now frenzied trend.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/life/food/beer/2016/12/18/meet-fort-collins-brewer-turned-america-sour/95422484/

Love this:
Quote:

Beer was plenty present for Peter growing up in Belgium. Low-alcohol table beers were served daily at school lunches in middle and high school.
"It was completely normal," Peter said. "Although it wasn't very good beer."

62strat
AG
Didnt see this posted.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/head-brewer-garrett-crowell-leaves-jester-king

Wonder if his new venture will be in CO?

I only say that because I've come across quite a few breweries in CO that were TX brewery employees who left to go on their own.
La Fours
AG
I just saw the email. This makes the 3 or 4th brewer/partner/key member of the brewing team to leave and start their own gig. I'll be interested to see who gets the job, and what it means for JK going forward.
Jock 07
AG
Posted on the entertainment board but I just discovered portlandia. Pretty damn funny, for those of y'all who have traveled to/lived in Portland is that how it really is?
Connd
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Jock 07 said:

Posted on the entertainment board but I just discovered portlandia. Pretty damn funny, for those of y'all who have traveled to/lived in Portland is that how it really is?

Yes. The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland.

Scriffer
AG
Jock 07 said:

The wife and I started watching it a few weeks ago. It's too cringe-inducing for her, but I love it.
Jock 07
AG
I got halfway thru the episode when ol boy decides to move to Austin on my last flight with the united on demand.
AggieOO
Did a pretty long run today, so having a vanilla buffalo sweat and then I'm going to crack my jolly Russian. Then i'll pass out.
Jock 07
AG
Jolly Russian is such a damn good beer. Odell could do some damage with those as they're like 4 bucks cheaper than uncle j's
AggieOO
Jock 07 said:

Jolly Russian is such a damn good beer. Odell could do some damage with those as they're like 4 bucks cheaper than uncle j's

First time having it. I'm going back to heb tomorrow to grab another. This is awesome.
Represent830
AG
They make their way to San Antonio? Been wanting to try one but never see it. Or someone grab one for me somewhere.
Jock 07
AG
Just picked up a troll toll, hope its worth the 14.50
DallasAggie2012
AG
Troll Toll is a great beer, but I don't know about a 14.50 great beer. Does anyone know if this is a new batch or the remnants of the older batch from June? Hopefully its a fresh batch though because it was a really solid DIPA when it came out.
La Fours
AG
Well, that was quick. JK announces Averie Swanson as the new head brewer.
dave99ag
AG
Isn't there an Ag at JK?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That's who just left. Think he was a Sea Aggie.
62strat
AG
La Fours said:

Hope those don't get in the way of brewing operations.
jetch17
AG
JK jugs
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

From strictly a $/alcohol perspective, they are right on.. Uncle j is 30% more alcohol, and about 30% more cost.
maca1028
jetch17 said:

JK jugs

Damnit jetch!!
AgEng06
AG
maca1028 said:

jetch17 said:

JK jugs

Damnit jetch!!
He's nothing if not consistent.
jetch17
Inspector Spacetime
AG
62strat said:

La Fours said:

Hope those don't get in the way of brewing operations.
I just realized I actually went to high school with this girl. Damn, maybe I should fb friend her and see if she's single...
La Fours
AG
You sure you should be seen fraternizing with the competition? And when she finds out you work for ABInBev, you think she will want to speak to you?

jetch17
AG
funky buttlovin, Clutch is $20 a pop. picked a few up, D&Q only ordered a case and seems to be the only place in Tine getting any (so far)
jah003
S
jetch17 said:

funky buttlovin, Clutch is $20 a pop. picked a few up, D&Q only ordered a case and seems to be the only place in Tine getting any (so far)
AggieOO
Lakeline heb has an assload of bishops barrel 16 if that's your sort of thing.
jetch17
AG
AggieOO
Will be in WI on Thurs. Can't wait to drown in NG.
jetch17
AG
Gettin red

First Page Last Page
Page 1106 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.