Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,973 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by SoTxAg
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jock 07 said:

I fly into AUS on Monday and should be down in the tine by Tuesday or so. I'll bring you some consolation TG

Hit me up. I need to beer Santa some other Tine folk, as well

Tempted to hit the petrol xmas party next week or do some brashlanding if anyone else is off too
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Inspector Spacetime
AG
jayelbee said:

The AB investment in Karbach is starting to pay dividends already. I opened one of my BBH w/ Cherries and it's pretty ****in good.

Damn straight! Though the deal isn't closed yet, so if you want to be all like, "well, they made it when they were 'still craft,'" I guess that's still an option for you.
AggieStout
AG
SheriffBarclay said:

Just hit 7 stores, 0/7 on Bourbon barrel temptress.
Is it out yet? I guess maybe in DFW
AggieStout
AG
La fours, I can shoot you over 2 bottles of that real ale. Ill be at HEB anyways getting some CBBH. shoot me your address. bryandeschenes at gmail and ill get I can get it out to you tomorrow before my wife gets home and starts asking questions.
Jock 07
AG
jetch17 said:

Jock 07 said:

I fly into AUS on Monday and should be down in the tine by Tuesday or so. I'll bring you some consolation TG

Hit me up. I need to beer Santa some other Tine folk, as well

Tempted to hit the petrol xmas party next week or do some brashlanding if anyone else is off too
Will do and I'm down for day drinking if I can get permission
corndog04
AG
Heading up to CS tomorrow to do Santa's Wonderland. Any recs for dinner spot with good beer selection AND kid friendly AND won't be nuts due to graduation weekend?
DallasAggie2012
AG
Are you in DFW? If so, the Spec's on Hulen in Fort Worth is doing a release at 3 PM tomorrow with that and Cherry BBH.
AggieStout
AG

beer mail
Never had Fifty Fifty Eclipse so I hope its good.
Cognac
Apple Brandy
Coffee
Woodford Reserve
Grand Cru
(2)Vanilla
Elijah Craig
So Happens its Tuesday
Avery Vanilla Bean Stout* supposed to be but they sent the wrong beer (Tangerine Quad)
jah003
S
corndog04 said:

Heading up to CS tomorrow to do Santa's Wonderland. Any recs for dinner spot with good beer selection AND kid friendly AND won't be nuts due to graduation weekend?
I'm not sure if that exists... Blackwater maybe? Not exactly kid friendly... Sure the CS dudes will have better ideas.
La Fours
AG
Thanks man. Email sent.
Jock 07
AG
The vanilla is supposed to be the best, haven't had it though. I think I've only had the Elijah Craig which was pretty good but damn those things are pricey
La Fours
AG
Downtown Bryan is where I would go. RX Pizza has a good beer selection and makes awesome pizza. Proudest Monkey has good food and beer. But it's can/bottle only. No draft. Village Cafe is also a good place and kid friendly with pretty decent beer selection.

I wish I was going to be in town so I could grab a beer with you.
AgEng06
AG
JK SPON question:

On JK's Bottles to Go list, they have 2016 SPON - Methode Gueze, Blends 1, 2, 3, &4 (limit 1). Any of you know if that means 1 of each blend, or 1 total? And if it's 1 total, which blend was best?
DallasAggie2012
AG
It's 1 total of each size (375 mL and 750 mL). Some of the blends are sold out in various sizes. People seemed to like Blend 1 & 4 a lot, but you can't really go wrong with any of them honestly. The differences are super subtle right now, and they will all develop a little differently over time.
jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

JK SPON question:

On JK's Bottles to Go list, they have 2016 SPON - Methode Gueze, Blends 1, 2, 3, &4 (limit 1). Any of you know if that means 1 of each blend, or 1 total? And if it's 1 total, which blend was best?
Im sure it's 1 total. I'd go for blend 2.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks guys.
Post removed:
by user
Represent830
AG
jah003 said:

AgEng06 said:

JK SPON question:

I don't think so. It's been limit 1 of each size the whole time now, so I don't know why they would change it.

AgEng, you going today? We should be there around 2:30.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, but it won't be until around 8:30 or so this evening. I plan on heading out there late, grab an allotment (or 3) and have a few glasses of the new SPON.
reesei10
Anyone tried the Goose Island fruit sours?
Lolita and Juliet? Any good? Worth the price?
corndog04
AG
Thanks!
AggieStout
AG
Lakeline heb has BBH cherry
MathNewman06
AG
AggieOO said:

Cracked a DR15. This stuff is so good. Wish I'd put away more. Only have 4 left.

I know this was a couple weeks ago, but I just reorganized my beers this morning and I have 2 extra 12oz DR15 that I can part with.
I'm in Houston, so if you're in town sometime, let me know and I'll get them to you, or I'll try to remember next time I make a trip to Austin.
jah003
S
Represent830 said:

jah003 said:

AgEng06 said:

JK SPON question:

I don't think so. It's been limit 1 of each size the whole time now, so I don't know why they would change it.

AgEng, you going today? We should be there around 2:30.
Think he was asking if he could get one of each blend. I was just saying that he'd have to pick a blend. Sure you can still get 1 750 and 1 375.
DaveHimself
AG
Funny, I just found a DR13 in my fridge this week...had to Google it just to remember what style it is.
Post removed:
by user
DallasAggie2012
AG
If you end up not wanting to get the full allotment or want to trade any of the variants, shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to make it worth your while and try to figure out something good in exchange.
62strat
AG
reesei10 said:

I've had the madame rose from bottle and lolita on draft. They were both really good, (I can't recall ever having a fruited sour I didn't like.. so take that with a grain of salt.), but I don't think I'd spend the $30+ on them again. There are other options in the lower $20 range that are just as good to me.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
reesei10 said:

I had Lolita a few months ago and thought it was good, but probably not worth the price. i think it was $20+ at my Specs.
La Fours
AG
I have tried them all except for Juliet, I believe, and I enjoyed the ones I had. They are worth trying at least once.
AggieStout
AG
jayelbee said:

BBT at downtown Spec's.

I have a problem. I turned off the stove in the middle of cooking and am driving from Katy to go get 3 bottles of beer, because they had no limit last year.

Doesn't look like there's a limit this year either, so it will only take a couple of neckbeard at a case each to knock it out.
Waiting for this to hit Austin then I think ill be done buying beer for the year.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
I may go kill some time at Brash tomorrow while my crew is out running around if any of you beanbags are bored

Looks like they'll have all the hoppy tasties on tap, but out of all the darks for now
First Page Last Page
Page 1103 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.