Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,171 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Objective Aggie
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Already placing an order for Pwonk with one of my Portland guys if you want to add to it....
MW13
AG
So a buddy also won in the TG lottery and couple of us are thinking of making the trip with him. Would it be worth it for a couple of guys who didn't win to make the trip?
La Fours
AG
Bmac04 said:

Already placing an order for Pwonk with one of my Portland guys if you want to add to it....
Is the expectation that the variants won't reach Texas? Or that no Abyss will reach Texas like this year's Black Butte Anniversary?
La Fours
AG
MW13 said:

So a buddy also won in the TG lottery and couple of us are thinking of making the trip with him. Would it be worth it for a couple of guys who didn't win to make the trip?
Sounds like it would be a fun road trip. I say go for it.
corndog04
AG
I imagine regular Abyss will be widely available in Texas (I still see plenty of 2015 around). Like last year, I expect variants will show up but probably be much harder to come by.

I have a buddy picking me up 4 each of the variants tomorrow but passing on the regular assuming it'll be plenty easy to find in Houston within a few months.
MW13
AG
La Fours said:

MW13 said:

Ya I mean its not like we will need a ton of convincing I was just wondering what the hell there was to do up there, what the brewery will be like etc. I wouldn't want to go up there if I was just gonna freeze my baguettes off up there in the great white north.
La Fours
AG
Has it been confirmed that Abyss will get label approval in Texas?
La Fours
AG
MW13 said:

La Fours said:

MW13 said:

Ya I mean its not like we will need a ton of convincing I was just wondering what the hell there was to do up there, what the brewery will be like etc. I wouldn't want to go up there if I was just gonna freeze my baguettes off up there in the great white north.
I fully expect us to freeze our balls off. Just that we will also hit up a few bars around the booming metropolis of Decorah, IA. Then head back to MSP and freeze my balls off some more.
AggieStout
AG
MW13 said:

Yes. TG has confirmed that assassin will be on tap at a few places around town. Just go drink it on tap while you wait for them and have fun. Places are listed on their twitter
AggieStout
AG
I don't think they will make this mistake again with the label. I also hope to be able to get a Brady and a scotch variant
BSD
AG
La Fours said:

MW13 said:

La Fours said:

MW13 said:

I fully expect us to freeze our balls off. Just that we will also hit up a few bars around the booming metropolis of Decorah, IA. Then head back to MSP and freeze my balls off some more.

From what I've read there should be assassin all over town that day. We'll be in no rush to get back that day so I fully expect yall to drink your weight in it.
wessimo
AG
Has anybody seen any Narwahl (regular, not BA) around houston? It is one of my favorite seasonal releases but have not seen it around this year.
AggieStout
AG
La Fours said:

Nice. Unfortunately, I'm in CS. So I doubt we will get any bottles here in town. We didn't get the last release.

Might be able to snag a couple for you
corndog04
AG
I don't know of any confirmation, but I'd be shocked if it didn't happen. My understanding was the anniversary black butte thing was a one-time f'up and not an intentional business decision.
Jock 07
AG
La Fours said:

MW13 said:

La Fours said:

MW13 said:

This has to be the single best day for the Decorah chamber of commerce all year
andgate
Probably been asked before, but where does one get these shippers?
Post removed:
by user
BSD
AG
andgate said:

You can probably find them at Uhaul and self storage centers.
AgEng06
AG
Where are you located? I'll give you a 12'er if you're in the Austin area.
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
BSD said:

andgate said:

You can probably find them at Uhaul and self storage centers.

I bought mine from uhaul when I moved from Colorado but they don't sell them in store, you have to order online
Represent830
AG
andgate said:

I got mine at Spec's. My 6er was just shipped off to NColorado but I have a 12er for small bottles if you're in the San Antonio area. Besides that, Uhaul might have them. Or go online to Uhaul and they have a bunch there too. Again, we're talking $5-6 for a 6er and $10 or so for a 12?
turfman80
AG
BSD said:

La Fours said:

MW13 said:

La Fours said:

MW13 said:

From what I've read there should be assassin all over town that day. We'll be in no rush to get back that day so I fully expect yall to drink your weight in it.
I'm already in training....
62strat
AG
What in the hell are you supposed to drink on a day with a 53 degree swing?

jah003
S
62strat said:

What in the hell are you supposed to drink on a day with a 53 degree swing?

Session Barleywine's...
Post removed:
by user
AggieStout
AG
My local heb said they will have there's tomorrow. I'm excited.
maca1028
Drinking one too, I like it.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
Some fresh ass 12/12 YR

Pushing 3 day drain pour
reesei10
Found this at Specs. It is pretty good and reminds me of JK SPON

Jock 07
AG
Preparing for the annual work open house/ Christmas party where everyone brings their families to work with this.
Decent sour beer

jetch17
AG
Jock, when you hittin Tine? I'll get you those BWs
Jock 07
AG
I fly into AUS on Monday and should be down in the tine by Tuesday or so. I'll bring you some consolation TG
ChipFTAC01
AG
I have not.
First Page Last Page
Page 1102 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.