Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,286 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by jah003
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HEB in Burleson has 2016 BCBS and John said he randomly got a case of 2015 BCBS. No variants.
Represent830
AG
Funny but not funny story.

Stopped by my local honey hole on Friday that just got in the 2016 BCBS. Nabbed one and threw it in my cooler that I was taking over to poker night. Kept it cool just in case I was winning and wanted to open it. When I went home, I parked up front and brought in my cooler. My wife asked me to leave it outside since it was leaking (I hadn't noticed). So I said screw it and just left it outside the door (front door, faces the street). Woke up the next morning and guess what... somebody had straight up stolen the beer right out of my cooler. I have no clue where it went.

Luckily the guy isn't too smart because he didn't take the MVB I had at the bottom of the cooler. Oof.
wessimo
AG
Laughing / crying face
jetch17
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Do you live near Hickory?
La Fours
AG
Damn. Nice. How was it?
MathNewman06
AG
2016 bcbs certainly doesn't hold up against the previous years.
wessimo
AG
MathNewman06 said:

2016 bcbs certainly doesn't hold up against the previous years.
Yeah I barely got through a bottle of it last night. It has a weird bitter taste.
turfman80
AG
La Fours said:

Damn. Nice. How was it?
Very smooth . As it warmed and opened up it had more chocolate notes with just a taste of bourbon. I loved it.
Jock 07
AG
With the pasteurization is anyone planning on keeping verticals going past 2015?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone ever been to Telluride?

Gf is heading there next week and I'm trying to figure out what kind of bottle availability is around town.

Edit: For her to possibly bring something back.
jh0400
AG
Currently at Midtown Specs

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Just saw Raspberry Temptress got an approval for a 12 oz bottle. I'm liking these breweries moving toward 4 packs rather than large format. Makes it less of a commitment.
Represent830
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Do you live near Hickory?
I don't get it.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Hickory High from his March Madness Beer Thread Bracket Challenge escapades. Maybe he'll use your beers to finally send his beer package to the winner of the challenge!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Lakewood is putting all their Temptress variants into 4 packs of 12 oz bottles for 2017. They are also adding a 5th variant along with doing barrel aged versions of every Temptress variant to be released on draft only. The 2017 lineup from them is really nice. They're also releasing bottles of Red Wine Barrel Aged Till & Toil along with 4 packs of a really good older beer they brewed called Goatman.
62strat
AG
jh0400 said:

Currently at Midtown Specs

When are these released? Hoping to find a 2016.
Represent830
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Hickory High from his March Madness Beer Thread Bracket Challenge escapades. Maybe he'll use your beers to finally send his beer package to the winner of the challenge!
Ugh... duh. When you asked if I lived near Hickory I thought that was a town or something. Of course I remember Hickory the poster.
jh0400
AG
No idea. I have another at home, but I'm not sure if it's a 2015 or 2016. I bought it back in April in Portland.
Represent830
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Lakewood is putting all their Temptress variants into 4 packs of 12 oz bottles for 2017. They are also adding a 5th variant along with doing barrel aged versions of every Temptress variant to be released on draft only. The 2017 lineup from them is really nice. They're also releasing bottles of Red Wine Barrel Aged Till & Toil along with 4 packs of a really good older beer they brewed called Goatman.
Damn. Might have to head up there when that happens.
Scriffer
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Love this.

I wish they'd re-release La Dame du Lac. It was first or second in their Legendary series, and I'd kill to have it again.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Hopefully Texags resizes this, because it is huge, but here is the Lakewood release chart. I wish other breweries would do something like this.

docaggie
AG
You should grab that Voodoo Doughnut Grape Guerrilla from Rogue. Looks like it's the last one, there.

Sounds absolutely awful.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Me too man. La Dame Du Lac was a fantastic beer. They actually had a red wine barrel aged version of it at their new taproom grand opening a year or so back and it was spectacular. One of the best beers I've had from them.

I also wish they would brew Lion's Share 1 again. It was a DIPA with Brett aged in bourbon barrels.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I miss being near Lakewood, great beers.

Have a 2015 BBT that I'll likely have in the next few months.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Had some Black Friday beers--the Macallan BA Legion and a stovepipe can of BA Ten Fidy-- the last couple nights and was pretty impressed with both of them. Honestly though, that BA Ten Fidy is becoming one of my favorite straight-up BBA Imp Stouts. I hope I stumble across some more in my route this week. I was actually lucky enough to be near HEB San Felipe when they released BCBW and Coffee today but was too late for Coffee.
p-wonk01
AG
Dallas folks...

Central Market at Lovers had :

BA TenFidy
Bourbon County 15, 16, Barleywine

Just picked up 5 minutes ago
DaveHimself
AG
Founders does a similar release chart.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm digging this. It's pretty smokey, but that's the style. I personally like smoke beers, but I realize they aren't for everyone.

BSD
AG
I just got home from vacation and I feel I should probably get out and BCBS hunt but I'm just too tired. I have to head to Austin tomorrow too. Ugh. At least I've been told to stop by JK by the powers that be.
Jock 07
AG
Such a good shelf beer

Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone try the JK Kvass?
jh0400
AG
BSD said:

I just got home from vacation and I feel I should probably get out and BCBS hunt but I'm just too tired. I have to head to Austin tomorrow too. Ugh. At least I've been told to stop by JK by the powers that be.

I've got an extra BCBS. It should go 1:1 for a 750 Spon.
corndog04
AG
62strat said:

When are these released? Hoping to find a 2016.

I grabbed four 2016 bottles at the brewery last week, don't know how long it takes to get them to start showing up outside of Oregon but I can't imagine it will be very long.
62strat
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Hopefully Texags resizes this, because it is huge, but here is the Lakewood release chart. I wish other breweries would do something like this.

here is a compilation of similar charts.

https://www.porchdrinking.com/articles/2016/01/18/2016-craft-beer-release-calendars/

First Page Last Page
Page 1080 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.