Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,908 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still 4000 bottles of SPON left for this weekend at JK. Anyone want to goandpickitupformebro?
La Fours
AG
Uh, yes, me too.
BSD
AG
I am about to leave to Austin. Still no word back from them.
NColoradoAG
Bmac04 said:

Still 4000 bottles of SPON left for this weekend at JK. Anyone want to goandpickitupformebro?
Sounds like I may be going to Austin on Friday. I'm assuming they're going to be open?
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Sounds like I may be going to Austin on Friday. I'm assuming they're going to be open?
Yep, open up at noon.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

Didn't TABC confiscate Cuvee's crowler machine? Or was that just a rumor?
Yep, they did. Cuvee knew it was coming though. For some reason TABC had to confiscate the machine in order for them to actually file a lawsuit. So, Cuvee just kept filling crowlers until TABC showed up...
La Fours
AG
Has Cuvee said when they expect to get their equipment back? Any chance for an appeal by TABC to stall this in court even more?
AggieOO
Do they even get it back?
La Fours
AG
That's a good question. I had not considered that they possibly forfeited the equipment when it was seized.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

Has Cuvee said when they expect to get their equipment back? Any chance for an appeal by TABC to stall this in court even more?
Not sure... they made it sound like it would be back very shortly. Although, they never actually said it would be the original machine. Just that they "would be filling crowlers".

No idea about an appeal... kinda feel like TABC is done with this one and will move on to approving labels as slowly as possible.
Scriffer
AG
Speaking of label approvals, any word on Deschutes XXVIII?
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Yep, open up at noon.
Word. Thoughts on how long it might take to get through the line if we showed up right at noon?
jah003
S
La Fours said:

Tweet from the owner...
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Yep, open up at noon.
Word. Thoughts on how long it might take to get through the line if we showed up right at noon?

Really don't think it will be long at all. The neckbeards will either be out hunting Bourbon County #whalez or stuck at their grandma's house. If you can manage, I'd show up around 2 or 3.
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Yep, open up at noon.

Really don't think it will be long at all. The neckbeards will either be out hunting Bourbon County #whalez or stuck at their grandma's house. If you can manage, I'd show up around 2 or 3.
The plans will probably revolve around a movie on Friday so we'll see what shakes out there. They have a cash line that typically moves faster right?
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Yep, open up at noon.

Also, are there any spots on that south end of Austin where some BCBS might be had?
La Fours
AG
Yes, the cash line does move faster, and is shorter.
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Yep, open up at noon.

The plans will probably revolve around a movie on Friday so we'll see what shakes out there. They have a cash line that typically moves faster right?
Not exactly... they usually just go down the line and ask if anyone has cash. The whole line operation is really about as laid back Austin hipster as it gets...
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

Yep, open up at noon.

Also, are there any spots on that south end of Austin where some BCBS might be had?
I'm only familiar with the Bee Caves area (I come in off of 620). I know the HEB in Bee Caves will have it. There is also a Twin Liquors and Specs there as well that will likely have it as well.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Try the HEB on Slaughter Lane
La Fours
AG
I'll defer to jah on the cash line. I based my post from when Atrial was released this summer.
Represent830
AG
Doubt there will be a line. Bring cash and you'll be golden.
NColoradoAG
Thanks for all the tips homies.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Y'all are mainly talking about the bottles to go line right?

I'm a noob when it comes to this style, what does a geuze even taste like?
Represent830
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Have you had any lambics from Cantillion or Drie Fonteinen (3F)?
Chipotlemonger
AG
No can't say that I have.
NColoradoAG
Chipotlemonger said:

Gueuze is typically medium to heavy tartness, quite funky, dry, and has cheesy, mineral, grassy, barnyard aroma. Some will have notes of oak, vanilla, and stone fruit flavors.
AggieOO
NColoradoAG said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Gueuze is typically medium to heavy tartness, quite funky, dry, and has cheesy, mineral, grassy, barnyard aroma. Some will have notes of oak, vanilla, and stone fruit flavors.
in other words, it tastes like an infected home brew.
Scriffer
AG
AggieOO said:

NColoradoAG said:

Chipotlemonger said:

in other words, it tastes like an infected home brew.
AggieStout
AG
Scriffer said:

Speaking of label approvals, any word on Deschutes XXVIII?
I talked to a rep last Thursday night. He said it will not be coming to Texas at all. The story is that the label they made did not have the brewery location (normall on the top left of their label) which is required by TABC. The company talked about possibly printed new labels but eventually decided not to. I ever ask about getting some kids to come in and stamp the location on the label which he said they also talked about. Their team really screwed up on this one he said.

So all the allotment that Texas was supposed to get was sent to another market. Your best bet is to keep an eye out for it online on a beer site.

Also said the new variants of Abyss will be Brandy and Scotch barrel
AggieStout
AG
I have a 375 of SPON batch 2 if anyone is interested in it. They have 2 sizes 750 and 375 FYI
txag2008
AG
I'll be in Houston for Thanksgiving. Does Brash can/bottle or are they draft distribution only?
maca1028
AggieStout said:

I have a 375 of SPON batch 2 if anyone is interested in it. They have 2 sizes 750 and 375 FYI

What do you want for it? I have a hammer smashed face if that'll work.
maca1028
I don't think they distribute cans yet. Your best bet is to go by the brewery and get crowlers and a few six packs there.
IronRed13
AG
Anyone know if Deschutes Collage #2 made it to Texas? Was that a limited release in Oregon only?
First Page Last Page
Page 1075 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.