Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,665 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by La Fours
Post removed:
by user
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

My buddy apparently had picked this up for me last year but wasn't able to get it to me until a couple of weeks ago. Now that it is stout weather, I decided to crack it open.
Jock 07
AG
jayelbee said:

I had my Jolly Russian earlier this evening, and it was awesome. I will probably go pick up some more if I can find them.
It really is good, and for a fraction the price of uncle Jacobs. First had it on tap at the brewery last year.
La Fours
AG
Yes I know that wbdpp isn't a stout.
jah003
S
Assuming it wasn't infected...?
La Fours
AG
This is the 3rd bottle from the 2015 batch I've had and none of them were infected.
Jock 07
AG
Brew dogs apparently opening in US
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
My thought: A "double porter" in the 512 instance could just be changing flavor and increasing ABV on their base pecan porter through the barreling, rather than through a different brewing process from the get go.

I have no idea though if I'm right, may check some literature.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I am not sure.
Represent830
AG
NColoradoAG said:

People have failed me so I am in the market for Spon 750s.
Damn.
Represent830
AG
This is probably obvious to most, but what I've noticed is that, unless it is a very limited release (GinTurn, Shatrial, Red Atrial), the best thing to do is let the initial rush go through and hit it up later. For some of the fruited sours I've just walked up and got my allotment, no line. I waited maybe 30 minutes on Saturday for SPON because there wasn't too much of a line and it moved very quickly. I waited for a while for Red Atrial yesterday but could've easily cut down my wait time by 30-45 minutes if I had stopped by the ATM. They kept coming out and say that if you had cash there was no wait.

As for SPON, it go nowhere close to selling out. The limits were one format size pp which is probably why all the grannies were out there. Hey, at least it wasn't 100+ like for Atrial. The beer itself was fantastic. I was surprised as well at how good it was.
BSD
AG
I'll be in Austin most of the day tomorrow and JK is not open. Dammit!!!
jah003
S
BSD said:

I've heard if you show up when they are not open they will still sell you beer. Might be worth calling/emailing.
BSD
AG
interesting...
Jock 07
AG
jah003 said:

BSD said:

I've heard if you show up when they are not open they will still sell you beer. Might be worth calling/emailing.
if this is true I feel like a huge schmuck. Been in Austin many times during the week hoping to swing by there.
reesei10
Chipotlemonger said:

My thought: A "double porter" in the 512 instance could just be changing flavor and increasing ABV on their base pecan porter through the barreling, rather than through a different brewing process from the get go.

I have no idea though if I'm right, may check some literature.

Stouts are traditionally different from Porters by the addition of Roast Barley specialty malt. Also most Imperial Porters that I have had in the past are the same as a Baltic Porter and those are lagers. However, I think the WBDPP is just a higher achohol version of the original so that it will handle the barrel aging process better.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Yes. Smith St. Specs will have bottles, or they use to get them...

Check the blackboard above the beer cooler to see if it's in stock, they might not have the bottles out in which case someone will have to go to the back and bring one out for you.
Jock 07
AG
Stumbled upon a brewers reserve barleywine from lervig aktiebryggeri and it's pretty damn good. Very similar to BCBBW
jetch17
AG
The specs downtown Black Friday list looks pretty good, but with cantillon on the list I imagine there may already be neckbeards in line

Jock 07
AG
Chances those 2015 bottles are infected?
Jock 07
AG
Also just talked with my local guys here and it sounds like even though we're only ~8 hrs from Chicago we're only getting regular. Oh well at least I won't worry about battling the neckbeards come Friday.
Post removed:
by user
Scriffer
AG
HopFusion Steampipe Black IPA

Black IPAs aren't dead yet

Hudson2508
AG
Specs needs to be called out for trying to sell that 2015 BW, that's bull*****
corndog04
AG
Sippin some 2012 and 2016 Dissident at Deschutes in Bend.
La Fours
AG
Jealous.
jah003
S
Cuvee just defeated TABC. Judge ruled in their favor. Crowlers will be back soon. Hells to the Yeah!

La Fours
AG
jah003 said:

Cuvee just defeated TABC. Judge ruled in their favor. Crowlers will be back soon. Hells to the Yeah!

Awesome.
Post removed:
by user
AggieOO
Just saw the crowler news on Facebook!
maca1028
Hell yes!
62strat
AG
Damn, this is quite a layoff.

http://www.westword.com/restaurants/avery-brewing-kills-off-six-of-its-acclaimed-demons-and-dictators-beers-8523299
La Fours
AG
Didn't TABC confiscate Cuvee's crowler machine? Or was that just a rumor?
First Page Last Page
Page 1074 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.