Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,717,528 Views | 62712 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a mic drop
Chipotlemonger
AG
Okay finally got around to popping this one open tonight. First time to have this beer, excellent. Glad I got a four pack.

62strat
AG
Good drinking last night. Paired with some green curry.

Also had a rogue 8hop I think it was called? And a Pliny the elder.

Jock 07
AG
Damn going old school with that paradox. Bet it was flat as ****
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

Damn going old school with that paradox. Bet it was flat as ****
yeh it had a tiny bit of carb. It was really good though. My uncle said it was identical to a Belgian dubbel he just bottled.
turfman80
AG
Cans have now arrived in BCS. I love this beer.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Sunday Funday beers

Really like the Tarantula Hawk.
Jock 07
AG
Pretty pretty pretty good. Key lime isn't overpowering

Chipotlemonger
AG
Having some of a Blackberry Farm Summer Saison tonight.
Green Fairy
AG
They were only giving out one per person Friday before last. Surprised if it lasted until early last week. The bottle art was tits and the beer was ok but mostly because it was fresh AF bottled on 9/29 when I had it.
steve00
AG
I heard it was limit two, so I brought reinforcements. They said they were expecting more soon. I don't expect it will taste amazing, as I have never had anything great there. It's all about the art and the collaboration I guess.
austin08
S

Happy Pumpkinator day! Hoping the Dallas Specs megastore will have a wide selection today.

Last year I went a little crazy and bought 15...These are the 8 that's been in a closet for a year.

DonaldFDraper
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

Shot in the dark but I'm headed to Montreal next week. Any recommendations on beers and/or bars or restaurants?

Bump to see if any one has any recommendations ?
NColoradoAG
The annual "Look how many Pumpkinator bottles I landed" posts are upon us.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
austin08 said:

Happy Pumpkinator day! Hoping the Dallas Specs megastore will have a wide selection today.

Last year I went a little crazy and bought 15...These are the 8 that's been in a closet for a year.

What is this, a closet for ants?

Seriously, either those are the biggest bottles I've ever seen or that closet is only 9" wide.
jh0400
AG
It looks like Bell's Two Hearted received TABC label approval last week. It's about time.

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-october-14th-2016/
austin08
S
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

austin08 said:

What is this, a closet for ants?

Seriously, either those are the biggest bottles I've ever seen or that closet is only 9" wide.
Yeah it's a pretty small linen closet that's weirdly shaped.
Post removed:
by user
dave99ag
AG
Let's not forget Christmas beers and those are right around the corner, if not already out in the wild.
62strat
AG
jayelbee said:

Pumpkin beer season is like the final round of term papers and final exams before summer starts. You have to trudge through all of the Pumpkinator and the rest to get to the real prize- bourbon barrel aged season.
I didn't realize BBA was a season.. my local store has shelves full of them all year round!
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

The annual "Look how many Pumpkinator bottles I landed" posts are upon us.

#whalezbro man...

I usually buy a couple of cases and sell them on mybeercollectibles. Title usually reads something like "ZOMG #WHALEZ Pumpkinator super limited $$$".

If you aren't knocking over old ladies to get your hands on Pumpkinator you're doing it all wrong.
AggieStout
AG
62strat said:

jayelbee said:

Pumpkin beer season is like the final round of term papers and final exams before summer starts. You have to trudge through all of the Pumpkinator and the rest to get to the real prize- bourbon barrel aged season.
I didn't realize BBA was a season.. my local store has shelves full of them all year round!
Yeah but your in Denver so you dont count, they always have good BBA beer on the shelves there.
bevokilla
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Having some of a Blackberry Farm Summer Saison tonight.
I had this in Tennessee two weekends ago and I really liked it.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG

Not a bad gift to receive on a Monday!
jetch17
AG
Soooooo finally getting around to trying this .... it's ok but another sweet IPA. Syrupy like a DFH120 to me

Jock 07
AG
Hotel beers. It was just about 3 years ago when I was in Alabama for work when I discovered this stuff.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Are you going to stay in AL through the weekend for the game?
Jock 07
AG
I'm actually in DC right now but wish I was going to be there for the game. Of course I was in bama on one of the years the bama and auburn game were in college station
maca1028
Has anyone in Houston been to Sigma brewing yet?
turfman80
AG
FW discontinuing three beers

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/10/firestone-walker-is-discontinuing-double-jack-opal.html

Not Double Jack!!?? Not that I could ever find it here anyway with our craptastic local distributor, but I would always pick some up when in Houston or Austin.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting I always thought opal was pretty good for what it was. Honestly though I'd be happy if they dropped everything and focused exclusively on barrelworks
Jock 07
AG
Oh yeah, my brother took me to churchkey tonight. Sweet place might have to try and get back again this week to dive into the bottle list
Ags #1
AG
Loved double hack
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wow, I love Opal. Glad to hear that these beers may have throwback releases though, as they start their new stuff.

And I bet the new stuff is pretty damn good.

I've actually never had Double Jack.
First Page Last Page
Page 1047 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.