Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,003 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As per usual, I'm probably the only person who will miss the Black IPA.

RIP Wookey Jack
steve00
AG
This sucks. Double Jack is probably my favorite readily available double IPA. I'll have to start drinking it more often the rest of the year while it is still on the shelves.
Represent830
AG
BSD can I get an email? Need to find a way to get you your Nightmare on Brett.
Bmac04
AG
Scriffer said:

As per usual, I'm probably the only person who will miss the Black IPA.

RIP Wookey Jack

Black IPAs Matter
jh0400
AG
How widely available is Blue Owl Van Dayum?
BSD
AG
Represent830 said:

BSD can I get an email? Need to find a way to get you your Nightmare on Brett.
check profile. I have your Ensorcelled, too.
jah003
S

BSD
AG
am i the only person that skipped all the mumbo jumbo and scrolled straight to the bottom to see this?

Quote:

We will be releasing 2016 SPON Mthode Gueuze at Jester King on Friday, November 18th. We will announce release details soon.
AgEng06
AG
Haha, no you're not the only one. And from that I got this: "It's gonna be a sh*t show".
Bmac04
AG
BSD said:

Quote:

We will be releasing 2016 SPON Mthode Gueuze at Jester King on Friday, November 18th. We will announce release details soon.

Going to need a lot of this for my people....
62strat
AG
BSD said:

From article
"The grainy, cooked corn aroma gave way to a very pleasant musty attic, barnyard scent. "

Only in beer culture can a musty attic and barnyard scent be described as pleasant.

'Oh grandma, your house is so musty, it's very pleasant.' - said no one ever.

Also, "Brothers Michael Steffing & Jeffrey Stuffings" what's the story there? two different dads with extremely close last names?
Represent830
AG
62strat said:

BSD said:

From article
"The grainy, cooked corn aroma gave way to a very pleasant musty attic, barnyard scent. "

Only in beer culture can a musty attic and barnyard scent be described as pleasant.

Also, "Brothers Michael Steffing & Jeffrey Stuffings" what's the story there? two different dads with extremely close last names?

If I'm not mistaken, they are the two main guys that started JK. Folks thought they were brothers because their last names are so similar but obviously aren't.

I think.
62strat
AG
Represent830 said:

62strat said:

BSD said:

From article

If I'm not mistaken, they are the two main guys that started JK. Folks thought they were brothers because their last names are so similar but obviously aren't.

I think.
yes they are the two founders of jester king..

But other articles mention them as brothers..
http://allaboutbeer.com/michael-steffing/
"In 2009, I was 24, I quit my job (finance, yawn) and moved in with my brother Jeff in Austin."

Would have to be half brothers.. but almost hard to believe with how similar those names are.
AggieStout
AG
That's the one from the big open copper tank that they fill and leave sit over a really cold night. Correct?
jah003
S
Bottle counts for SPON...
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

Trade value destroyed

maca1028
austin08
S
Oh my gracious! How about that!

Represent830
AG
NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

Trade value destroyed

That gif
Quincey P. Morris
AG
austin08 said:

Oh my gracious! How about that!

Had one of my 2015s tonight. Thought I had a 12 and 13 somewhere but apparently I just have a bunch of 2015 and two 14s.
BSD
AG
FYI:

Quote:

It's Tuesday. And in one week, Black Tuesday. The limited public bottle release of the 2016 edition of our 20.3% ABV bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout will take place next week, Tuesday, October 25 at 10:00 a.m. on TheBrueryStore.com.

You signed up to purchase Black Tuesday in years prior. Here's what you need to know about this year's sale.

Public Release

As in years past, a limited number of bottles will be available for sale to the public. In previous years, we conducted a lottery - winners were randomly selected and we notified them of their opportunity to purchase Black Tuesday. This lottery process was partly necessary due to constraints of our previous online platform (and the continuous crave and demand for Black Tuesday, which Patrick initially called "the beer from hell" - see the post).
Fast forward to present day and we have a new, enhanced platform for conducting online sales. As such, the 2016 public release of Black Tuesday will be conducted live on our website, TheBrueryStore.com, on Black Tuesday itself.
Date:
Tuesday, October 25, beginning at or around 10:00 a.m.
Where:
TheBrueryStore.com
Limit:
Three bottles per person (first-come, first-served)
Retail price:
$29.99 plus tax
The sale is open to all customers, including Society members, who currently have guaranteed access to purchase bottles of Black Tuesday as part of their October allocations (through Friday, October 21). Reserve and Hoarders Society members will receive an extra allocation of Black Tuesday (first-come, first-served) on Monday, October 24.

maca1028
Gopickitupformebro
AggieStout
AG
BSD said:

FYI:

Quote:

It's Tuesday. And in one week, Black Tuesday. The limited public bottle release of the 2016 edition of our 20.3% ABV bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout will take place next week, Tuesday, October 25 at 10:00 a.m. on TheBrueryStore.com.

You signed up to purchase Black Tuesday in years prior. Here's what you need to know about this year's sale.

Public Release

As in years past, a limited number of bottles will be available for sale to the public. In previous years, we conducted a lottery - winners were randomly selected and we notified them of their opportunity to purchase Black Tuesday. This lottery process was partly necessary due to constraints of our previous online platform (and the continuous crave and demand for Black Tuesday, which Patrick initially called "the beer from hell" - see the post).
Fast forward to present day and we have a new, enhanced platform for conducting online sales. As such, the 2016 public release of Black Tuesday will be conducted live on our website, TheBrueryStore.com, on Black Tuesday itself.
Date:
Tuesday, October 25, beginning at or around 10:00 a.m.
Where:
TheBrueryStore.com
Limit:
Three bottles per person (first-come, first-served)
Retail price:
$29.99 plus tax
The sale is open to all customers, including Society members, who currently have guaranteed access to purchase bottles of Black Tuesday as part of their October allocations (through Friday, October 21). Reserve and Hoarders Society members will receive an extra allocation of Black Tuesday (first-come, first-served) on Monday, October 24.

How does this work? I log in on Tuesday the 28th and order from the store, then they will ship to me?
AggieStout
AG
with some browsing around looks like you have to live in Cali to get it shipped to you.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, they won't ship it to Texas. Your best chance is to have someone in Cali buy it and ship to you, or trade for it.
BSD
AG
or take your kid to Disneyland and sneak out for an hour or so for the short drive to the taproom.
krazyninja
AG
Going to Alabama this weekend for the game. Staying in Birmingham Friday night and saw that there are several breweries in the area. Any recommendations from someone that's been to that area before?

Thanks & Gig'em
62strat
AG
krazyninja said:

Going to Alabama this weekend for the game. Staying in Birmingham Friday night and saw that there are several breweries in the area. Any recommendations from someone that's been to that area before?

Thanks & Gig'em

You could pick up some Yeungling walez.

On that subject, when did they start distribution to LA?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yuengling distributes to Louisiana now?
FlyFish95
Shipyard pumpkin beer is pretty tasty.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Which one? I wasn't a fan of Pumpkinhead but Smashed Pumpkin is pretty solid.
dave99ag
AG
Westbrook distributes to Alabama, so drink the hell out of their Gose.
jah003
S
krazyninja said:

Thanks & Gig'em

Go to Cottage Hill Package... Thank me later. I was only allowed 30 minutes in there on my way to Florida. Wasn't enough time...
Bmac04
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Ill suck a dick for KBBS
Is that offer still on the table???

La Fours
AG
Bmac04 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Ill suck a dick for KBBS
Is that offer still on the table???

First Page Last Page
Page 1048 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.