Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,975 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
p-wonk01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I wouldn't be making this one, though. Some guy named Franklin would be...

BSD heats up a fine brisket
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have access to a generator. But not coming from Austin.

I'm coming from Austin, but don't have a generator. Can this be a joint effort?

If I can order a brisket, can you pick it up and bring it for the bottle share? Your reward is...well...brisket.

Yea, think I can manage that. If the game is at 2:30 I'll probably be leaving Friday. If the game is at 6 or later I'll probably leave Saturday morning. Shoot me an email and we can talk specifics... jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com
Whoop04
I am going to brash tomorrow. I have never been or had any of their beers. Can I get a quick primer from the board?
maca1028
Good IPAs, good stouts, old arcades and heavy metal in an old warehouse. Nothing fancy but I've really enjoyed everything they put out.
jh0400
AG
Brash has IPAs and Stouts in a warehouse full of brewing equipment, old school video games, and a jukebox of metal. There is no tasting room, taster flights, food, or air conditioning. The jukebox is loud. If you ask, they won't turn it down.

Most of their beers are great. ***** Wagon, Pussalia, Cali Green, Cortado, and Abide are all worth trying if you can. They probably won't have them all.
jetch17
AG
EZ7 sixers and crowler fills available to-go
Connd
Don't be surprised if in the middle of them filling your crowlers they walk away to shotgun a beer.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
On a similar topic, is anyone coming in from Austin and does anyone have a generator?
We have a couple at the tailgate if you just need to plug something in
Represent830
AG
Damn, you boys bringing it for the UT game.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
On a similar topic, is anyone coming in from Austin and does anyone have a generator?
Cool, all I need is an outlet for the sous vide to heat up the brisket. If that works, please let me know.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
quote:
Cool, all I need is an outlet for the sous vide to heat up the brisket. If that works, please let me know.

I wish I could be there to see how you use one of those, I'd never heard of it until I picked my brisket up a few weeks ago.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wish I could be there to see how you use one of those, I'd never heard of it until I picked my brisket up a few weeks ago.

Did you do yours in the oven? If so, how'd it turn out?
Bmac04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Shouldn't be an issue
maca1028
Yes and it still lived up to the hype. I left it in just a little bit too long and the ends were a tad bit dry so I used that to make breakfast tacos. Depends on the oven of course but next time I'll do it for an hour and a half at 250 after bringing it up to room temp.
The girl at Franklins said the sous vide style was the best way to reheat it.
Whoop04
Sous vide is definitely the way to go. You hardly lose any moisture. I have done that with Franklins brisket me several times and the result is phenomenal.
p-wonk01
AG
I feel like we've gone high class here
Scriffer
AG
How long does it take to bring to temperature?
jah003
S
quote:
Sous vide is definitely the way to go. You handle lose any moisture. I have done that with Franklins brisket me several times and the result is phenomenal.

Guess I need to get me one of those... Probably gonna grab a brisket for my parents tailgate as well as the one for BSD.
#iknowthisisntthebbqthread
Kyle98
AG
At Avery. Started with a Sour Twenty Three and just had a Scarlata Cucumis. Both fantastic!
NColoradoAG
Itll be me plus three free loaders for the share. We'll probably time our arrival with the brisket and stay for 30-45 minutes.

If youd like to roll out a red carpet for us we wont complain.
Whoop04
My guess is 90 min to an hour. I usually set it for about 3 just to be sure.

I can't recommend this enough. I just pulled off some lamb shanks that I had going for 72 hours and it was insane. It's a fire and forget cooker and can be used for a ton of things. It totally changed how I cooked steaks, which after I got over my hang up of not using open flame, admit they are the best and most consistent way to do them.

Anova Culinary PCB-120US-K1 Bluetooth Precision Cooker, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UKPBXM4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MEA7xbYBBJ435

Now, back to beer...I finally found a six pack of Alpine Duet at the College Station Specs. Fantastic beer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
+1 to the Anova. Fantastic cooker and a great price. Once you cook steaks this way, it will change your life.

Beer side note: the pops is bringing back some SARA goodies he picked up today in Cali. Anyone ever tried their Jose Pimiento before?
maca1028

Haven't had this in a long time.
Jock 07
AG
So looks like we're headed back to Denver next week for the 4 day weekend. Might look for GABF tickets but also thinking about doing the other things in town. What are the best Fri Sat non GABF GABF week things to check out? I've really only done GABF. Also assuming I'm already too late for WTF & rare beer
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Beer side note: the pops is bringing back some SARA goodies he picked up today in Cali. Anyone ever tried their Jose Pimiento before?
I had b1 when it came out last year and enjoyed it. Was expecting it to be more peppery but didn't get a ton of pepper at all. Nice funky blonde
DallasAggie2012
AG
Awesome. Glad to hear it since it sounded really interesting. I had him grab the full limit because I just assumed it would be solid as everything else I've tried from SARA has been exceptional.
BSD
AG
quote:
I feel like we've gone high class here
we've met before, right?
BSD
AG
quote:
about 60-90 minutes. I'll set it at 165 and see what happens.

Here is the setup at a tailgate last year...

AggieOO
quote:
quote:
quote:
And that lone dissident.. man I have a hard time coming across that one.

i have a 12, 14, and 15.

could probably twist my arm.

oh yeh? I'm just interested in getting 1,just always wanted to try it. Anything I can interest you in for trade? I have a lot in my cellar (almanac, avery, crooked stave, BCBS, FW, russian river), and a single bottle shipper so we could trade. (I'm in CO)

Hell I'll just post my list
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4106517/Tim/Beer%20Cellar.xlsx

shoot me an email (in profile). we can work something out.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Why so high? The few I've done have been done at 140.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why so high? The few I've done have been done at 140.
to speed up the process since we don't have a long time to wait.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great to end the week with a little beer trade mail! Thanks, Hudson.

La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Here is the setup at a tailgate last year...

Is that the pic I texted you last year, threatening to steal your brisket?
Whoop04
The brisket was cooked to about 200F originally, so you won't over cook it at anything under that.
BSD
AG
La Fours said:

Is that the pic I texted you last year, threatening to steal your brisket?
You'll get my brisket when you pry it from my greasy cold dead fingers.
First Page Last Page
Page 1034 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.