Midnight Mass?

1,469 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by bonfarr
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a parish for Midnight Mass and never been in SA. Anyone know of a good option that close to North side of town?
WillowCityTX_C5L1
AG
St Matthew
10703 Wurzbach Rd. Definitely has a midnight mass.
Our home parish.

Might check St Mark the Evangelist too.
bonfarr
AG
WillowCityTX_C5L1 said:

St Matthew
10703 Wurzbach Rd. Definitely has a midnight mass.
Our home parish.

Might check St Mark the Evangelist too.

How is the crowd? Will there be plenty of seats?
WillowCityTX_C5L1
AG
Both are large churches, would assume availability. But not much experience on the crowds at midnight.

We're going to 4pm Christmas Eve, kids are in the pageant. The 4 and 6pm at St Matthew are very crowded, but they also have overflow masses in the Ballroom.
WillowCityTX_C5L1
AG
Merry Christmas!
MookieBlaylock
AG
St Matthew
Holy Spirit
Sr Mark
St Francis

Those are your big 4 on the north side

Francis is weird as everyone sits in a circle and the alter is ik middle not my style

bonfarr
AG
Thanks! We will be heading to St Matthew
OilFieldIRI
S
We are parishioners at St. Francis of Assisi on DeZavala and midnight mass is scheduled.

https://sfasat.org/
MookieBlaylock
AG
Still going to midnight mass?
SanAntoneAg
AG
I used to be an altar boy at St. Francis. My parents still attend weekly,

I'll have to ask them about the circle thing.
Gig 'em! '90
SoTxAg
AG
You can throw Holy Trinity in there too, it's gotten very big.
bonfarr
AG
Went to St Matthews, my son plays trumpet and he loved the brass players that performed the Christmas music.
FIDO95
AG
bonfarr said:

Went to St Matthews, my son plays trumpet and he loved the brass players that performed the Christmas music.
Did Fr Eric Ritter celebrate the midnight Mass when you visited? Best Priest I have been around since my days at St Mary's despite the fact that he is a Longhorn. We still travel to attend Mass with him at least once a month.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bonfarr
AG
FIDO95 said:

bonfarr said:

Did Fr Eric Ritter celebrate the midnight Mass when you visited? Best Priest I have been around since my days at St Mary's despite the fact that he is a Longhorn. We still travel to attend Mass with him at least once a month.

Yes he led the Mass. He seemed very warm and funny. Great personality. We are thinking of joining that parish rather than St Padre de Pio which is closest to our home.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.