Experience with VIA Park and Ride to Alamodome

1,330 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
hijakeroo123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I will be in town this weekend for the Elton John concert at the Alamodome and are looking at alternate transportation options to avoid the mess that the Alamodome parking reportedly is. Has anyone used the VIA park and ride service from Crossroads, and if so, what has your experience been like? Does it generally work well?
Picard
AG
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

-Obi-Wan
hijakeroo123
AG
Also, any other suggestions on how to get to/park at the Alamodome are welcome as well!
LCE
AG
Crossroads? At 410 & 10?
LCE
AG
You should be fine.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We used it for Monster Jam and it was a fantastic experience both getting there and back. DO NOT drive the nicest vehicle you own to that lot and make sure you don't have anything of value in the car. We brought our old truck so we didn't have to worry about getting a vehicle stolen or broken into. Other than that, you should be fine and it was so easy.
p_bubel
hijakeroo123 said:

Also, any other suggestions on how to get to/park at the Alamodome are welcome as well!

If I was looking to make a night of it, either Uber/Lyft downtown before and have dinner/drinks and walk over and back after words with plenty of time before and after the event to avoid most immediate traffic. Don't pick up or get dropped off near Market/Commerce and it should be easier.

Driving isn't a big deal, just stay off I-37 downtown. The exits back up getting to the dome. Come in from the north or south, park downtown and don't attempt to cross Market/Commerce when looking for parking. It's really not a big deal to walk to the dome.

Like, come in on St Mary's from the north, or Main (Broadway is still torn up bad) or come in off Roosevelt or Presa from the south,

I deal with Alamo Dome traffic for every event, my exit is I-37/Carolina St, and that's rarely backed up for events exiting if you're taking a right on Carolina Getting on, that's totally different.
aggiejim70
AG
I took VIA from Crossroads Mall to the Alamodome last year for the UTSA/Rice game. No problems except we still had to wear masks. Don't know if that's still the case.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
kerrag06
AG
We took the Park-N-Ride from the newer Via Station in Stone Oak off 281N for the Alamo Bowl and it was easy, clean and seamless. I'm guessing they do it for regular UTSA games?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
hijakeroo123 said:

Wife and I will be in town this weekend for the Elton John concert at the Alamodome and are looking at alternate transportation options to avoid the mess that the Alamodome parking reportedly is. Has anyone used the VIA park and ride service from Crossroads, and if so, what has your experience been like? Does it generally work well?
Just brush up on your SA gang signs if you wander more than 500 feet from Alamodome property.

It's been years and years since I used Park and Ride, but we did it quite a few times and it sure is nice being dropped and picked up right in the area.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.