Move from NB to la vernia

5,013 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ignatius_of_Silesia
Beckdiesel03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would you do it? We love our house other than the lot size. Love the neighborhood and area. Go to the river weekly and bahn during summer. The things that are pushing me is schools and Mr. Diesels commute to Pleasanton. This is something we thought about and taxes seem insane there. WWYD?
GinaLinetti
AG
I don't know if I could do it. If you're going to do that I'd go towards castroville. Prettier that direction (imo) don't know about taxes
Beckdiesel03
AG
Castroville doesn't get us closer. That's the thing. We love it here minus the commute for dad. If someone told me la vernia was awesome I might be swayed . So far I'm not. And we've thought about this for 8 years
hillcountryag86
AG
I've been to LV weekly for a year looking at business opportunity that depends on growth. Demographics are strong, including families moving in. I would think the good schools have something to do with that. Might be concerned with fact a recent school bond issue failed by a large margin. I'm not sure what happened. Could be old guard farm and ranch people don't like spending money. But I do think schools are good.
Would be a big change going from a 'city' feel NB to smaller town LV.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Beckdiesel03 said:

If someone told me la vernia was awesome I might be swayed.
That is about as close as you will ever here someone say that.
Beckdiesel03
Beckdiesel03
AG
Haha...got it
superunknown
AG
Find the best place you can at the max possible distance from Pleasanton as you can.
GinaLinetti
AG
THat sucks.
LCE
AG
Castroville? Ha.
Beckdiesel03
AG
No problem staying far away from Ptown. I've been very successfull at that.
JB!98
AG
superunknown said:

Find the best place you can at the max possible distance from Pleasanton as you can.
I'll have you know we have one of the best Chili's south of San Antonio!
cochrum
AG
Yes I'm hoping to move in that area in a few years. I hate living in the city. And la vernia has a HEB.
WHOOP'07!!
superunknown
AG
jbarrow1998 said:

superunknown said:

I'll have you know we have one of the best Chili's south of San Antonio!

Ahh yes, the Pleasanton airport Chili's. Quality.
Danther37
AG
Schools is a big plus if you don't mind a little hazing.....

https://www.ksat.com/education/la-vernia-isd-amid-investigation-has-first-day-of-school
hillcountryag86
AG
To be fair, I think they addressed the issue in a great manner
TXAggie4Christ
AG
Have helped a few folks buy/sell in La Vernia and Floresville and live in Marion ourselves.

We almost moved down to the Triple R in LV before settling on Marion. The Den has been a good hangout too for food, family and music.
aggieSO
my choices would be in order:

Alamo Heights
Falls City
LaCoste (area South of Castroville)
La Vernia
mwp02ag
AG
But if you leave the NB you won't be able to call it "bahn" anymore!! Also, if yall move we won't have any reason to come back to NB!

I've inspected a couple homes out there and I think it's beautiful country but that damn sand would get on my nerves. It's invasive as hell.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
mwp02ag said:

But if you leave the NB you won't be able to call it "bahn" anymore!! Also, if yall move we won't have any reason to come back to NB!

I've inspected a couple homes out there and I think it's beautiful country but that damn sand would get on my nerves. It's invasive as hell.
James Walker `02
AG
Look into moving South of NB. We live in Seguin technically but we are in Navarro ISD which we really like. I spent 4 years commuting to Pleasanton from there and it takes about an hour but the traffic isn't bad I took I-10 to 1518 to 1604 around to I-37. Then you are only 10-15 minutes from New Braunfels but a much better commute in my experience. give Jordan a call and take a look at some of the stuff being built in the Summit subdivision.
www.lakemcqueeney.com
Beckdiesel03
AG
Reload-we have actually looked at Marion quiet a bit but never really Navarro isd. Your wife should be getting a call from a friend of mine that's being relocated from Houston and I referred her to your wife. I struggle with a move bc we love our neighborhood and friends and I seriously fill up my car 1-2x a month bc I am so close to everything. If I can decide to uproot I'll def give her a call.
Beckdiesel03
AG
And 46 has definitely become the worst part of his commute bc of the traffic and all the freaking lights they are putting up. He normally does the 46-10-410-37 route bc 1604 can be slow if you get behind the wrong person.
James Walker `02
AG
46 has gotten really bad. We are really close to it but only a couple of miles away from I-10 so it's not that bad for me. Thank you for the referral.
Twelfthman99
AG
I live in LV. It sucks. I'm from Wilson County and parents live close by, so we settled back here for our second tour. The taxes in Wilson County are not cheap and you certainly don't get what you pay for. There are a lot of houses near us - we live off 775 West of LV in Rosewood. Lots of yankee transplants, so there aren't a ton of welcoming/friendly folks in the neighborhood.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Thank you! The taxes are a big thing Ive always noticed and can't figure out why the hell they are so high. We like to be very social/active and it would kill my oldest son not to have friends close by that he could ride bikes with etc, as well as us enjoying having friends over, bbqing while the kids play.
Twelfthman99
AG
Beckdiesel03 said:

Thank you! The taxes are a big thing Ive always noticed and can't figure out why the hell they are so high. We like to be very social/active and it would kill my oldest son not to have friends close by that he could ride bikes with etc, as well as us enjoying having friends over, bbqing while the kids play.
I'd be your friend if you moved to my neighborhood... Taxes in Wilson County are high because they continued to elect a Republic County Judge who was about as conservative as Bernie Sanders... Basically got elected because he had an R behind his name and new-comers to the county didn't know any better. We do have a few families in the neighborhood with whom the kids play, but most folks try to keep to themselves. LV is a pretty closed community that can be hard to crack into. We go to SA for church, social activities, hanging with friends, etc.
Ragoo
AG
mwp02ag said:

no one calls Schlitterbahn "bahn" anyways.
Ragoo
AG
TXAggie4Christ said:

Have helped a few folks buy/sell in La Vernia and Floresville and live in Marion ourselves.

We almost moved down to the Triple R in LV before settling on Marion. The Den has been a good hangout too for food, family and music.
i used to ride bulls in marion, across from the middle school.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Everyone I know uses bahn in text vs writing it out. Quick and easy.
bam02
AG
Vic's?
Ragoo
AG
bam02 said:

Vic's?
yep
Theres a Spirit
AG
Howdy Ags,

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a lot out in Eden Xing and looking to build in the next 2 years. Anyone here live in that neighborhood or nearby? If so, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

No kids yet, but we are trying and school district was a big deciding factor. I was ok with buying in the Floresville district but most we have talked to said we would be better off in La Vernia ISD

Beckdiesel03
AG
You definitely made the right move school district wise!
Aggie_3
The wife and I are looking at Land around La Vernia wouldn't be opposed to Floresville either. Can anyone tell me how the commute is to the 410 and 35 area
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.