Lawyer needed, ASAP

4,934 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie_3
s.krewson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Received an oil change and tire rotation at a mechanic shop, the car lifts cable snapped and my car went falling to the ground. Owner is being difficult and need help asap

Thanks in advance.
who?mikejones
AG
444-4444
s.krewson
AG
Lololol thanks
aggiejim70
AG
If you want to sue over some high minded principles, get back to me. If you want to sue for money, call Fidel Rodriguez. A great Aggie lawyer. Look close and you'll see his ring in his commercials.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
GinaLinetti
AG
Call your insurance. They will get the lawyer and make him or his insurance pay for damages.
s.krewson
AG
Thank you! I will look into this
MookieBlaylock
AG
He has insurance you have insurance

Why do u need a lawyer?
74OA
AG
Exactly, and tell your insurance company you want them to go after the station's insurance to cover your deductible, too.
GinaLinetti
AG
74OA said:

Exactly, and tell your insurance company you want them to go after the station's insurance to cover your deductible, too.

Yep. And cover the cost of a rental in the meantime
mclOVEN
I hope you get taken care of
aggiewoodie
AG
Technically, Fidel went to A&M-San Antonio.
s.krewson
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?
The owner isn't claiming it. He's being a turd
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Do you want to tell the nice audience who the dirtbag owner is? You can just say "rhymes with..."
GinaLinetti
AG
s.krewson said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?

Does he have a choice? What does your insurance rep say?
Vernada
AG
s.krewson said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?
Your insurance should be the ones taking care of this for you.
bonfarr
AG
Are you sure the shop owner even has insurance? He may be dodging you because he let his policy lapse. If he is refusing to make a claim on his insurance and is instead trying to negotiate a cash settlement I would suspect that is the reason.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
AggieArchitect04
AG
s.krewson said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?
Not sure it matters if he's claiming it. Most people aren't going to come forward and say, "hey I screwed up. now how much money do I owe you?"

I would think if you file with your insurance they will pursue it through subrogation. They will investigate, make a claim against his carrier (or him if he doesn't have insurance) and have their attorney pursue either settling the claim or going to court.

After giving a statement, and maybe photos, it's unlikely that you would need to be involved at all.
Infact, be warned...once you do file with your insurance they will make all the decisions from there on out. You can ask them to do something (settle, not settle, additional claims, etc.) but they pretty much have absolute say in the matter. And that's what you've paid them to do. If they don't do something and you feel wronged in the matter, then it would be you filing suit against your own insurance carrier.

***This is commentary. I am not an attorney (or insurance agent) and this is not legal advice***
jfro
AG
Fidel did not go to A&M-SA, he went to College Station and was a member of the Corps
Martin Cash
AG
Better call Saul.
s.krewson
AG
CherryLodes said:

s.krewson said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?

That it isn't their responsibility to take care of it, and that we either have to get him to pay for it or pursue legal matters.
s.krewson
AG
bonfarr said:

Are you sure the shop owner even has insurance? He may be dodging you because he let his policy lapse. If he is refusing to make a claim on his insurance and is instead trying to negotiate a cash settlement I would suspect that is the reason.
This may be the case. We cannot know for a fact. We called the corporate office and no help.
s.krewson
AG
Tony Franklins Shoe said:

Do you want to tell the nice audience who the dirtbag owner is? You can just say "rhymes with..."
I believe the owner's name is Yinka.
I can tell you the place:
Precision Tune Auto Care by North Star Mall
8415 McCullough Ave, San Antonio, TX 78216
s.krewson
AG
aggiejim70 said:

If you want to sue over some high minded principles, get back to me. If you want to sue for money, call Fidel Rodriguez. A great Aggie lawyer. Look close and you'll see his ring in his commercials.
Unfortunately, he is an injury lawyer.
GinaLinetti
AG
s.krewson said:

CherryLodes said:

s.krewson said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?

That it isn't their responsibility to take care of it, and that we either have to get him to pay for it or pursue legal matters.

It sounds like you have a terrible insurance policy/company. They should be the ones pursuing legal matters. Once this is remedied, I'd find another carrier that actually does their job and works to get things settled for you.
Vernada
AG
Amen.

Who is your insurance with? Is it a liability only policy or something?
wadd96
AG
Sounds like your insurance company is s.krewing you... (Sorry, it was too easy)

Seriously, you probably should be shopping insurance carriers right about now... (Unless you were only carrying liability in which case... well, you can probably guess what follows that.)
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
AggieDarlin
AG
Quote:

I believe the owner's name is Yinka.

As in Yinkana Get A Dime Outta Me
74OA
AG
s.krewson said:

CherryLodes said:

s.krewson said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?

Your insurance company is saying that this incident isn't covered by the "other than collision loss" or "comprehensive" portion of your policy? Usually, if something isn't specifically listed as excluded in the comprehensive section, it is covered. ????????????????? Also see the "Resolving Problems" section here: TDI The SA Better Business Bureau may help with the garage, too: BBB
DadAG10
CherryLodes said:

s.krewson said:

CherryLodes said:

s.krewson said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why do u need a lawyer?

It sounds like you have a terrible insurance policy/company. They should be the ones pursuing legal matters. Once this is remedied, I'd find another carrier that actually does their job and works to get things settled for you.
Quite an ASSumption when you have no idea what coverages he has on his policy.
GinaLinetti
AG
That's why I said terrible POLICY/provider. It was an and/or statement old man.
DadAG10
CherryLodes said:

That's why I said terrible POLICY/provider. It was an and/or statement old man.
How is it a terrible policy if the consumer purchased liability only policy on an older/paid for vehicle?

Jump to conclusions much?

And old in this case does mean wiser.
GinaLinetti
AG
I feel like you may be In the insurance game. Maybe you should help him out. Either way he needs a better policy/provider to meet his needs. Drink a bourbon and relax some, dude. If I wanted a cat fight I'd go to the politics board.
wadd96
AG
CherryLodes said:

I feel like you may be In the insurance game. Maybe you should help him out. Either way he needs a better policy/provider to meet his needs. Drink a bourbon and relax some, dude. If I wanted a cat fight I'd go to the politics board.
Can I drink a bourbon for him? :-)
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
DadAG10
CherryLodes said:

You failed to answer the question as to why it's a terrible policy/provider.

He very well may only need a liability only policy and not want/choose to pay for full coverage. Based on the thread title, he probably knows the type of policy he purchased and what would be covered. Hence he asked for an attorney recommendation.
GinaLinetti
AG
wadd96 said:

CherryLodes said:

Can I drink a bourbon for him? :-)

Of course! Everyone drink a bourbon!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.