roofing company recommendation

5,393 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by txaggie05
JimbosHatBarelyFits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Want to have our roof checked out since the april hail storm. We have tons of door to door dudes coming by but I don't really trust them. Anyone on here have a company or two they have worked with before? thanks

ps I'm in the northwest area, if that matters.
Dover97
I am using Williamson Roofing out of Boerne. Highly recommend them. Have you called you insurance company? They should send someone to check it out at no cost.
Dover97
Bonus: Williamson Roofing is Aggie owned.
valtosca
AG
Caveat emptor: "Williamson Roofing is not responsible for nails penetrating electrical, plumbing or hvac lines in the attic"

Do not use Williamson Roofing.
babie_kreauxda
AG
I used Williamson Roofing. Had a good experience.
The Lurker
AG
We used Yuras roofing and were very happy. Kevin Yuras is an Aggie and is exceptionally nice and kept us up to date on the work.
Humorous Username
AG
Stay away from Tony's Roofing right now. They are either incompetent or too busy to be competent right now.

I had to threaten them with charging them billable hours as a project manager to get them to pay attention to me since I was doing all of the calling and coordinating of work.
Burdizzo
AG
Hearing a lot of bad stories about Cloud Roofing these days.
lightningcat12
Bondoc Roofing
Humorous Username
AG
Humorous Username said:

Stay away from Tony's Roofing right now. They are either incompetent or too busy to be competent right now.

I had to threaten them with charging them billable hours as a project manager to get them to pay attention to me since I was doing all of the calling and coordinating of work.

Found out from a neighbor that Tony's Roofing has fired several people, and that the owner (Tony) is the only one answering calls.
Burdizzo
AG
Has anyone dealt with Delta Exteriors?
old army3
Have used Yuras roofing 2x and they are great. No problems
Aggzwin00
Valdosca

You think a roofer should be responsible for those items I guess? None of those items should be close enough to the roof deck for a nail to penetrate them

Curious as to why you would say not to use Williamson based on that caveat
aggiejumper
AG
I'm using them, they are starting this week. I can report back after all the work has been completed.
Burdizzo
AG
Thank you. They are coming to look at my roof tomorrow.
Womackster
AG
Anybody have a good cost guestimate to put metal roofing on a 2400 sq. ft. home in the area?
p_bubel
Quote:

Have used Yuras roofing 2x and they are great. No problems
I know this is kind of old, and not all the relevant to where the thread ultimately went, but with all the damage from the hail this year they're booked for the next year to year and half.

( I borrowed one of their big ass ladders for my Christmas lights this year. )
Krazykat
AG
Womackster said:

Anybody have a good cost guestimate to put metal roofing on a 2400 sq. ft. home in the area?
Not sure of the cost for your size house, but I used Prestige Roofing in New Braunfels for my weekend house. Had them put on a standing seam metal roof. They did an awesome job at a fair price. The owner is a good guy and will be happy to come out and give you a bid.

http://www.prestigemetalroofingsystems.com/
Humorous Username
AG
Humorous Username said:

Humorous Username said:

Found out from a neighbor that Tony's Roofing has fired several people, and that the owner (Tony) is the only one answering calls.

Still haven't been contacted by Tony's Roofing. What's the statute of limitations on a roofing contract?
Burdizzo
AG
aggiejumper said:

I'm using them, they are starting this week. I can report back after all the work has been completed.

How did Delta work out?
aggiejumper
AG
Great, would definitely recommend them. The crew on my roof was great, took an afternoon to complete and they came back to clean up the next day. PM me if you would like the guys number that with with Delta.
Humorous Username
AG
Three years later, and just had approximately 20 shingles strips fall, somehow, off of my roof in the middle of the night last night. We have an inspector coming out to see what may have caused it.
Humorous Username
AG
Inspector came and let us know that Tony's Roofing overdrove the nails in the wrong spot on the shingles, and didn't replace my old fabric, AND didn't put a new water barrier all the way to the top of the roof ridge.
Wranglers_04
WeatherTech Roofing is extremely good: https://weathertechtx.com/
valtosca
AG
Yuras Roofing FTW
Hullabaque
AG
Soukup Roofing is also very good. Myself and a number of neighbors used them to replace our roofs a few years ago when the big hail storm hit. They are local and fairly small, but they did a good job and they cleaned up well. I think we had to wait about 6 months for them to get to our roof, but they offered to come out and tarp any areas that were leaking (free of charge) to make sure there wasn't any additional damage before they were able to replace our roof.
BrazosDog02
AG
I've been on the Houston and home improvement board due to the Houston storm. We had a lot in and around The Dominion. If you guys need a roofer in SA that you can talk to for opinions or general info, I'm happy to help fellow Ags...no obligation or BS. This site has a lot of pros that have guided me in my personal projects and I'm happy to do the same.

(Facebook Business Page) I'm not sure if I can keep this up due to rules so if it disappears or I have to remove it, contact is in profile.

There is no roofing company that should still be so busy right now that they can't get a roof on in a timely fashion unless their crews are chasing storms and unavailable.

You also should have no issue with overdriven nails if their crew knows how to calibrate a cool nailer as needed....unless they have an inexperienced crew. Certainteed and The new GAF Timberline HDZ mitigates issues with missing nail lines.

As for poor installs, I've seen some crazy stuff....I've seen 3 layers of shingles. Homeowners never know until we get the old roof off which is why we take everything down to the decking. Every company should be doing that but they don't.

Also as for this:
"Williamson Roofing is not responsible for nails penetrating electrical, plumbing or hvac lines in the attic.

Do not use Williamson Roofing"

Before we condemn them, To comment on this, we need to understand that NONE of those items should be near your decking or roof line. If they are, then it is up to the trade to properly protect that line. If not, they are improperly installed and not to code. As such, many roofing companies release themselves of these liabilities as there is no way to know or verify other trades' mess ups From the crews standpoint. You simply can't always see that. That said, For me, as the Project Manager, I like to take a peek inside the attic to kind of check stuff out first and hopefully mitigate the risk.
txaggie05
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I've been on the Houston and home improvement board due to the Houston storm. We had a lot in and around The Dominion. If you guys need a roofer in SA that you can talk to for opinions or general info, I'm happy to help fellow Ags...no obligation or BS. This site has a lot of pros that have guided me in my personal projects and I'm happy to do the same.

(Facebook Business Page) I'm not sure if I can keep this up due to rules so if it disappears or I have to remove it, contact is in profile.

There is no roofing company that should still be so busy right now that they can't get a roof on in a timely fashion unless their crews are chasing storms and unavailable.

You also should have no issue with overdriven nails if their crew knows how to calibrate a cool nailer as needed....unless they have an inexperienced crew. Certainteed and The new GAF Timberline HDZ mitigates issues with missing nail lines.

As for poor installs, I've seen some crazy stuff....I've seen 3 layers of shingles. Homeowners never know until we get the old roof off which is why we take everything down to the decking. Every company should be doing that but they don't.

Also as for this:
"Williamson Roofing is not responsible for nails penetrating electrical, plumbing or hvac lines in the attic.

Do not use Williamson Roofing"

Before we condemn them, To comment on this, we need to understand that NONE of those items should be near your decking or roof line. If they are, then it is up to the trade to properly protect that line. If not, they are improperly installed and not to code. As such, many roofing companies release themselves of these liabilities as there is no way to know or verify other trades' mess ups From the crews standpoint. You simply can't always see that. That said, For me, as the Project Manager, I like to take a peek inside the attic to kind of check stuff out first and hopefully mitigate the risk.

Bumping this thread. BrazosDog02 came out to my house in Stone Oak today and was very helpful with taking a look at our roof damage from the storms this week and talking through next steps. Give Jason a call if you think you have roof damage: (281) 639-0099
BrazosDog02
AG
Thanks a ton for the recommendation! I'm thankful for the kind words and happy to help!
Pendragon12
AG
I need to have someone come take a look at my house as well...I'm in the Blanco Rd corridor that got pelted. Do you take text messages at that number?
txaggie05
AG
Yes, he does take texts through that number
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.