Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Cost of a Shower Remodel

15,033 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chase
ShinerBlonde
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He said a lot of people have been waiting for prices to go down to do work and all they've been seeing is continual increases for the past year. Luckily we've already got all of our materials. He did say he's had a lot more contractors looking for work. People who hadn't worked with them in years were calling and asking if they have work available because they got laid off due to COVID. The hard part is getting plumbers right now after the bad freeze messed up all the pipes.
ShinerBlonde
AG
I also wanted to add one of the things I learned during this remodel is that the wait for shower glass is 2-3 weeks for us and they wouldn't measure for it until the tiling was done. So the bathroom will be pretty much done this week except we have another couple of weeks before we get our frameless shower glass. We went with rain glass which might have added to the wait time.
Post removed:
by user
Aggieangler93
AG
I'm watching this one, as our master bath needs this done as well. No one uses the crappy tub. I tried once, but I am 6 feet tall, so I can't even stretch out my legs in the thing.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
STX Ag
AG
Holy ****ing products Batman
Roger That
AG
STX Ag said:

Most of those are his.
STX Ag
AG
Roger That said:

STX Ag said:

Most of those are his.

Roger that
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TexDill15
AG
third coast.. said:

So we have one of those old whirlpool tubs and we are getting rid of it. Seeing as there is a switch and power run from one side of the bathroom to the other, can anyone think of something I could do to utilize the switch and power on that side of the door? If I cant thibk of anything I will just be putting wire nuts on the cable and closing up the hole.

You can get yourself a fancy toilet if it's near it. Heated seat and all.
txag2008
AG
Heated towel rack that you switch on before showering?
The Fife
txag2008 said:

Heated towel rack that's on a timer?
FIFY
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
third coast.. said:

and sometimes I wish you could use more than one emoji per post.
You could just be a "girl" and make 15 posts just to have a different emoji on each one.

Then we can mercilessly make fun of you! :-)
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
What is to the left of the door? How many feet of straight wall?
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
If it had glass wouldn't it light up the bedroom if someone is in the bathroom at night?
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

Frosted glass, but slightly yes. That doesn't often happen and there is a separate space and light in the bathroom for the water closet, so it wouldn't be TOO much of an issue. I will say though, I did not even consider that so I am making the arguments for it in the spot. Its funny how one can get so focused on one thing they fail to look st things from every angle. I'm usually pretty good about looking st thongs from every direction, but can't win em all.
I have the same bathroom. If you don't mind, what is your quote on all that?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
ShinerBlonde
AG
We just completed our master bath remodel and paid the second half today. All the work was done in 2 weeks except shower glass. Glass took an additional 2 weeks 2 days to come in and be installed after it was ordered. We used Faith Floors for those that asked in the prior posts.

Our bathroom isn't all that big and we have two large windows so we kept the same floor plan. We took out the old whirlpool tub, gutted the tile shower to the studs, took out the tile flooring, took out the toilet and countertops. Put in new tile flooring, new soaker tub (with new tub deck tiled on front and sides to match the shower), new toilet (we bought and they installed), small tiled shower with added wall niche for shampoos and soap, frameless rain glass shower glass, new granite countertops with porcelain sinks, and new fixtures for tub, shower and sinks. This was $13,000 to the remodel company.

We also spent $200 on the toilet we bought at Lowe's. We had the walls professionally textured and painted a year ago and kept the cabinets, mirrors and lights.

Overall we are very happy, there were some hiccups but it looks nice and everything works now and doesn't leak.
n_touch
third coast.. said:

My drywall guy quoted me $230 for skimming whole room and finishing out the door we removed the frame from. I will pay that AAAAAALLLL day.
What is his number?
Post removed:
by user
n_touch
Good. And thank you
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
Vent fans work a whole lot better with short runs of metal vent pipe rather than flex duct FWIW.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.