Is EcoZappAC still in business?

6,769 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In regards to warranty, I have lost a few customers in roofing to companies that offer "10 year in house roof warranties". I offer 5, and 10 year manufacturer backed when purchased and installed accordingly. Anyway, I have had customers say "man, I would've used you but Jimmy's Roofing Company gave me a free 10 year warranty through them, that's twice as long as yours!" And then I have to inform them that Jimmy has only been in business for 2 years. I genuinely hope that whomever purchased from ecozapp got MANUFACTURER backed warranties. That's why I always try to offer them. We have no intention of being out of business next month, but if we do, it doesn't matter because the manufacturer carries the warranty and I'm betting Owens Corning or GAF isn't going out of business. I'd bet American Standard isn't going out of business either, and I think that's what he sold right?
AgAcGuy12
AG
No, he sold brands from whatever parts house he could buy from that week. He put in a lot of Amana/Goodman, he also installed Trane and Comfortmaker as well.
In HVAC (unlike roofing) all the equipment is serialized so they know exactly when it was made, shipped and sold. All his warranties will go based on the date he purchased the item from the supply house for 5 years. Notice I said when he bought it. To my knowledge he never carried inventory because I would see them in the local supply house filming their commercials as if they were in their own warehouse.

If the customer (or his office) registered the equipment with the manufacturer within 60 days of install then the residential customer would then have 10 year parts warranties. Anyone, including myself, can honor these part warranties.
I know he claimed on here to sell JB labor warranties and if that's the case the customer has to call JB with their account info and have him "released" from their account so they can call another JB approved dealer that could honor the labor warranty. I don't work for labor warranty companies but I've been told that is the process. JB tried to sell me on the fact that if I sold the warranty only I could honor the warranty unless I released the customer. Since he's gone under I believe it's a simpler release but still requires the call.

I try to live by the motto of "do honest work, charge a fair price and trust that the Lord will provide". I've been pretty blessed for more than a couple years now.
The Fife
Yeah they've been around forever, I still remember their jingle from when I was a kid 30+ years ago.
Van Buren Boy
AG
I loved that thread where the guy was touting the molecules they pump into the lines and how they reduced friction or something or other. Good times.
lotsofhp
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

I loved that thread where the guy was touting the molecules they pump into the lines and how they reduced friction or something or other. Good times.

This board really got after him for all of that.

That's why I come here to bounce things off of you guys. Love having this resource.

Funny, I don't know any of you but I value the collective opinion of this place greatly.
UnderoosAg
AG
I'm shocked! SHOCKED, I tell you. They were revolutionizing the HVAC industry one system at a time with the magic of copper infused bubbles of liquid butter and fizzy lifting drink.

It was amazing how much absolute horseshlt that dude peddled unfettered. And as a sponsor.

The Fife
Van Buren Boy said:

EcoZapp, now with more molecules!
BrazosDog02
AG
AgAcGuy12 said:

No, he sold brands from whatever parts house he could buy from that week. He put in a lot of Amana/Goodman, he also installed Trane and Comfortmaker as well.
In HVAC (unlike roofing) all the equipment is serialized so they know exactly when it was made, shipped and sold. All his warranties will go based on the date he purchased the item from the supply house for 5 years. Notice I said when he bought it. To my knowledge he never carried inventory because I would see them in the local supply house filming their commercials as if they were in their own warehouse.

If the customer (or his office) registered the equipment with the manufacturer within 60 days of install then the residential customer would then have 10 year parts warranties. Anyone, including myself, can honor these part warranties.
I know he claimed on here to sell JB labor warranties and if that's the case the customer has to call JB with their account info and have him "released" from their account so they can call another JB approved dealer that could honor the labor warranty. I don't work for labor warranty companies but I've been told that is the process. JB tried to sell me on the fact that if I sold the warranty only I could honor the warranty unless I released the customer. Since he's gone under I believe it's a simpler release but still requires the call.

I try to live by the motto of "do honest work, charge a fair price and trust that the Lord will provide". I've been pretty blessed for more than a couple years now.

Man that sucks. Yeah for me we don't have serials. But all manufacturer warranties have to be installed per the strict guidelines of the manufacturer (which is what we do anyway but for warranties I must use ALL of the manufacturer branded goods) and then the warranty is registered the second full payments are made without any input or labor required of the customer.

I didn't know if HVAC was similar in even that regard but man....you're right...if you don't jack people around and be up front, the rest will take care of itself.
Garrelli 5000
AG
The Fife said:

Van Buren Boy said:

EcoZapp - we have what ACs crave!
Take the trash out staff.
Gary79Ag
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

The Fife said:

Van Buren Boy said:

EcoZapp - we have what ACs crave!
So Eco's been Zapped...got it...

I saw snake oil from day one...and the more he posted, the more snake oil I saw, like I'm sure everybody else saw...
aka The Lavaca County Legend
P.H. Dexippus
AG
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3185736
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.