EcoZapp

6,865 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by halibut sinclair
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are they officially out of business?

I paid for an annual contract with them (yeah I may have been stupid).
dubi
AG
I believe they are out of business.

They expanded too fast and Covid hit and, I suspect, they just could not meet their financial commitments.
powerbelly
AG
It's shocking that snake oil sales wasn't sustainable.
waltonloads11
AG
https://try.bcs-ac-repair.com/ecozapp/?keyword=ecozapp&matchtype=p&network=g&device=m&adposition=&keyword=ecozapp&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-GSh7C_5a4Yt9uYLKsjOMqqWLMzTEl7Pug17tg-Mwx317swD8evu8aAuarEALw_wcB
maddiedou
AG
Wow. That is impressive of aire service
maddiedou
75AG
AG
waltonloads11 said:

https://try.bcs-ac-repair.com/ecozapp/?keyword=ecozapp&matchtype=p&network=g&device=m&adposition=&keyword=ecozapp&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-GSh7C_5a4Yt9uYLKsjOMqqWLMzTEl7Pug17tg-Mwx317swD8evu8aAuarEALw_wcB
Thank you!
Post removed:
by user
legalbird
Smart idea by Aire. Perhaps acquire some new customers.

I would never recommend buying a service plan. I did that through one of the major AC businesses here in town. NEVER saw a discount on a site visit, however, I did get some free air filters.
75AG
AG
Yep. Lesson learned.
AgDotCom
Isn't Aire Serv owned by the same Marco everyone raves about here?

I've used Marco for four new installations several years apart after reading about him here. He is fantastic. Just not sure how many "Aire Serves" might be out there or related to one another, that's why I ask.
txxwildcard
They are 2 different companies, Marco only owns Aire Cool.
legalbird
Marco is a one or two man operation.

Honest and a good AC guy.
Love Gun
powerbelly said:

It's shocking that snake oil sales wasn't sustainable.

Sucks that people lost their jobs, but man that guy was a pain in the butt on here.
TXAGGIE10
Their BBB Accreditation was revoked 1/28/21.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/college-station/profile/heating-and-air-conditioning/ecozapp-ac-efficiency-0825-1000143738
Love Gun
TXAGGIE10 said:

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/college-station/profile/heating-and-air-conditioning/ecozapp-ac-efficiency-0825-1000143738
Love Gun
TXAGGIE10 said:

From December:
Quote:

I was promised a $600 rebate to participate in an energy efficiency study for EcoZapp. After gathering data for 2 years regarding cost of electricity before and after the installation of EcoZapp's air conditioner, the check has not been issued to me. Numerous phone calls have gone unreturned and false promises to send the rebate check have occurred.

Looks like they said hell with it. Not surprisingly, seeing the way they acted on here.
AggieBaseball06
AG
A combination of selling snake oil and unicorn farts AND being a d-bag to potential customers ISN'T a recipe for business success?! Maybe the Harvard Business Review should do a case study on EcoZapp...
JP76
Karma never forgets ego's address
BrazosDog02
AG
maddiedou said:

It's smart. It costs almost NOTHING to do a lot of that service contract stuff. Warranty work may cost more but it won't cost more than the return of having happy customers that trust you. People remember being taken care of almost as much as they remember being hosed. Well done of Aire...good bull!
EliteElectric
BrazosDog02 said:

maddiedou said:

People remember being taken care of almost as much as they remember being hosed.
Truer words have never been spoken!

We have one standing order in our service department, if you go to a house for a no power call and find out city power is out, or that they have a tripped GFCI breaker or any other "minor" problem a homeowner should be able to figure out on their own, and it takes us a few minutes to find we no bill them. That good will has taken us a long way, and that type of stuff is why I went into business to begin with..
MW13
AG
His posts would be hall of fame worthy on Freezing Cold Takes Exposed.

But everyone else here were the ones without the clue. That method has a track record of not working out well here.
halibut sinclair
Looks like "staff" has been busy on this thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.