Remodeling my wife's grandparents old house

51,873 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MoreCushing4thePushing
MoreCushing4thePushing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kid's shower and master bathroom

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Master bedroom, half bath, and play room.

Aggietaco
AG
How are you liking the master bath/cave after these past few years?

Any regrets from the experience for future remodelers?

Are y'all able to store enough kitchen crap with just the lowers and the adjacent hallway cabinets?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Love the "bath-cave." We have to dust the walls often because everything shows up on black.

Only advice I could give on a remodel is practice patience, and triple whatever you think it's going to cost.

Also, we did a hand trowel wall texture, and it is very flat. I think my kids believe it's their blank canvas sometimes. I wipe the walls down every few months. Apparently they also hate clean windows. I clean my windows every week, but that just might be my own OCD.

We have plenty of cabinet space in the kitchen. That being said, we also don't own 12 pots for boiling pasta. We were pretty intentional about keeping what we would use and tossing the rest. But yeah, the KitchenAid mixer and all the small appliances fit nicely in lower drawers. There is more cabinet space under the bar, but it's not visible since we didn't put hardware on those doors.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.