***** The Masters *****

148,594 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiebonzo said:

AgLA06 said:

cb1919 said:

The LIV guys wearing their team gear are like the guys who show up to an Astros game with a Cowboys jersey on.

It's literally no different than every golfers in the history of the game wearing sponsor gear. What a crap take of insecurities.
I mean it's kind of different lol It would be closer to everyone on the PGA Tour wearing the tour logo front and center on their clothes. No one wants to sponsor that **** tour so they don't have any sponsors to wear on the clothes to make you not notice the team logos. Some people dick ride so hard for the LIV when it's a crap product blows my mind.

Yeah, still waiting for those Formula One-like sponsorships to come rolling in. Any day now, I guess?
cb1919
AG
AgLA06 said:

cb1919 said:

The LIV guys wearing their team gear are like the guys who show up to an Astros game with a Cowboys jersey on.

It's literally no different than every golfers in the history of the game wearing sponsor gear. What a crap take of insecurities.

I can't help you if you see no difference
Sea Speed
AG
Any fan who has any sense of loyalty to a sports league needs to reevaluate their priorities. Doesn't matter if that's pga, liv, NFL etc etc.
Deluxe
AG
Scheffler, Homa, Brooks, Rahm, Morikawa. What an incredible masterclass Sam is getting this weekend.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm glad CBS was accommodating to sync the coverage start time with Sam teeing off
beerad12man
AG
Sea Speed said:

Any fan who has any sense of loyalty to a sports league needs to reevaluate their priorities. Doesn't matter if that's pga, liv, NFL etc etc.
I don't have any loyalty based on the name of the league.

But I do want to see the best against the best. I don't want 30% the NFL going overseas to play in another league. It waters things down. I want Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Cam Smith playing Scottie Sceffler, Jon Rahm, and Rory McIlroy 15 times a year. Not 4.

So in that sense, this whole thing sucks and the only losers are the fans.
AgLA06
AG
aggiebonzo said:

AgLA06 said:

cb1919 said:

I mean it's kind of different lol It would be closer to everyone on the PGA Tour wearing the tour logo front and center on their clothes. No one wants to sponsor that **** tour so they don't have any sponsors to wear on the clothes to make you not notice the team logos. Some people dick ride so hard for the LIV when it's a crap product blows my mind.

Nope. They're paid by their teams for travel and expenses. It's up to the captains on how to distribute funds. It's literally the F1 model and guess what, it's all about team brand.

The insecurity is sad.
Choobadooba
Not in the pines on the first drive!

Already better than last round
bagger05
AG
WTF does "Fore please" even mean? I've never heard it anywhere in any context other than The Masters.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pays to be a short knocker sometimes
DannyDuberstein
AG
bagger05 said:

WTF does "Fore please" even mean? I've never heard it anywhere in any context other than The Masters.

It means pay attention and get ready to duck
Choobadooba
Damn, bad approach shot from Sam.
Buck Compton
AG
Sam just can't stop putting pressure on his short game. Hoping for another great pitch.
979ag
AG
Love Sam, but man his pace needs some work
aggiebonzo
AG
AgLA06 said:

aggiebonzo said:

AgLA06 said:

cb1919 said:

Nope. They're paid by their teams for travel and expenses. It's up to the captains on how to distribute funds. It's literally the F1 model and guess what, it's all about team brand.

The insecurity is sad.
I believe it was reported that was the structure as the league tried to get off the ground but what's supposed to happen is these so called "teams" are supposed to attract sponsorships to shift these costs was from the league and be paid for by others. Let's see how that works out in the next couple years… Sounds like you're the one that's insecure bud.
birdman
That's where Bennett has been struggling in last twenty holes. Approach on 1st hole was 100% green light. That was a bad miss. He'll have to work to save par.
Choobadooba
Wow, almost made that chip for a birdie
bigfooticus
Stellar
bagger05
AG
Attaboy Sam.
Buck Compton
AG
Another great pitch! Now go get the very gettable par 5
PharmD4
AG
Did Rose just yell "Sorry!" after that tee shot?
birdman
Terrific pitch from Bennett. Awesome shot.

Just tighten up those approach shots this afternoon and save the short game for British Open.
FTAG 2000
AG
979ag said:

His pace is off today because of whatever he's got going on upstairs. He wasn't screwing around this much pre-swing the first two rounds.

He's overthinking it. Just needs to get up there and swing.
gunan01
AG
Hoping for Sam to shoot a 68 and end up at 8 under
bagger05
AG
That would've been a hell of a three for Morikawa.
gunan01
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

979ag said:

His pace is off today because of whatever he's got going on upstairs. He wasn't screwing around this much pre-swing the first two rounds.

I think this is where Kortan has to settle him down.

But the weather was horrible this morning and yesterday. That had to mess with his club choices as well, given his lack of experience.
birdman
FTAG 2000 said:

979ag said:

He is a real twitchy guy. Reminds me of Keegan Bradley or Sergio with the regrips. When the pressure builds up, the routine gets phrenetic.
aginlakeway
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

979ag said:

His pace and swing is the exact same as it was in the 1st two rounds. And the same as it was at the US Amateur.

Whatever he is doing, he needs to keep doing it!! It's insane what he is doing as an amateur. First the US Amateur title, and now this!
Choobadooba
Really just want Sam to finish top 10 and get an auto invite back for next year
Buck Compton
AG
aginlakeway said:

FTAG 2000 said:

979ag said:

His pace and swing is the exact same as it was in the 1st two rounds. And the same as it was at the US Amateur.

Whatever he is doing, he needs to keep doing it!! It's insane what he is doing as an amateur. First the US Amateur title, and now this!
Yep. He was doing the same thing, featured group coverage just did a good job of editing out the pre-shot stuff until he hit
aginlakeway
AG
Choowey said:

Top 12 and ties get to come back.
AgLA06
AG
aginlakeway said:

Choowey said:

Top 12 and ties get to come back.

Almost meant to be...
aginlakeway
AG
CBS does an amazing job producing this event.
Choobadooba
Sam hits a great shot on the fairway on 2!
Out in Left Field
AG
Koepka

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.