***** The Masters *****

148,505 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Tell me where I can watch the leaders on the 1st hole.
On the masters website. Just like last year and the year before.
aginlakeway
AG
Bennett bogey on 1.
Buck Compton
AG
Yep, rough bogey on one. Second shot cost him. Gotta adjust those distances in the cold and wet.

Let's birdie the Par 5 to get it right back.
BayAg_14
Oh just what I want to do. Sit on my app or computer and refresh waiting for them to upload the shot.

I know that is what they do. I am saying they need to change it.
Buck Compton
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Oh just what I want to do. Sit on my app or computer and refresh waiting for them to upload the shot.

It's the only tournament you can see literally every shot. Cast your computer to your TV, and put it on "my group", no refreshing needed, bud.
aginlakeway
AG
BayAg_14 said:

To what? This is already the best coverage on any golf event in the world.
aginlakeway
AG
Buck Compton said:

BayAg_14 said:

It's the only tournament you can see literally every shot. Cast your computer to your TV, and put it on "my group", no refreshing needed, bud.

Yep. BY FAR the best technology of any golf tournament. And it's not even close.
MW03
AG
Why is cantlay playing in ski pants?
MW03
AG
"my group" just keeps showing Young hit the same shot over and over while some generic voiceover AI "announces"
Bunk Moreland
aginlakeway said:

BayAg_14 said:

First off, I agree completely that it's the best coverage and the app is amazing, especially for rounds 1 and 2.

That being said, the app providing immediate and live coverage of multiple groups, but for the final group on Saturday you have to create a grouping on the app and wait to watch replays of shots 5-10 minutes after they happen and live scoring apps are updating is a little stupid. They already have the capability to cover it, so cover it.
aginlakeway
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

aginlakeway said:

BayAg_14 said:

First off, I agree completely that it's the best coverage and the app is amazing, especially for rounds 1 and 2.

That being said, the app providing immediate and live coverage of multiple groups but the final group on Saturday you have to create a grouping and wait to watch replays of shots 5-10 minutes after they happen and live scoring apps are updating is a little stupid. They already gave the capability to cover it, so cover it.

100% agree. But we'll see them from #4 on most likely ...
Choobadooba
Sam in the pines on 2
Buck Compton
AG
Bennett in the woods to the left of #2 fairway.
aginlakeway
AG
Choowey said:

Sam in the pines on 2
Yep.
Seven Costanza
AG
I understand not showing the leaders in the app in real time after CBS coverage has started, but the leaders should be a featured group until then. The MyGroup feature is cool, but it's kind of hard to watch since it's just a bunch of 10 second clips.
aginlakeway
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I understand not showing the leaders in the app in real time after CBS coverage has started, but the leaders should be a featured group until then. The MyGroup feature is cool, but it's kind of hard to watch since it's just a bunch of 10 second clips.

They don't change featured groups. So they pick featured groups that may not get much CBS TV coverage.

We'll get Sam's group from #4 on.
Choobadooba
I'm just watching the featured groups and then have Sam's course tracking on another tab.

https://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/track/hole_view/index.html?pid=59652

His profile updates way faster than the videos, 2 strokes ahead.
Choobadooba
Edit again: don't use the tracker, this thing is trash.
Seven Costanza
AG
aginlakeway said:

Seven Costanza said:

They don't change featured groups. So they pick featured groups that may not get much CBS TV coverage.

I am aware of this. They should change it.
aginlakeway
AG
Seven Costanza said:

aginlakeway said:

Seven Costanza said:

OK.

It is POURING there. And it's going to get worse.
BayAg_14
Might get 4-5 more holes in.
AgLA06
AG
Seven Costanza said:

aginlakeway said:

Seven Costanza said:

They aren't. So either adjust or stop complaining about free coverage of every shot.
aginlakeway
AG
Looks like Bennett still short of green in 3.
Coppell97
AG
Looks like a miserable day to be out on the golf course. Ski jackets and rain.
aginlakeway
AG
Bennett now over green in 4.
MCAg09
AG
The problem isn't the app it's the featured groups. Why the hell would they not pick the final group? The 10 second clip is cool but not better than live coverage. At least when they get to hole 4 we can watch a few holes. By the time tv coverage comes on round 3 will almost be over.
Choobadooba
Sam's going to bogie again. Think he lost a stroke while he was in the pines.
Bunk Moreland
Brooks and Rahm birdie 2
AgLA06
AG
I literally have my laptop hooked up in my media closet to a USB so I don't get lag from casting. Set my players for the "my group" and I'm enjoying watching every shot of the lead group plus great shots long before I would be able to for any other tournament.
Choobadooba
Yup, another bogie. That's rough.
aginlakeway
AG
Bogey-bogey start for Bennett.
Buck Compton
AG
About a bad a start as you could draw up for him. Are nerves getting to him or just regression to the mean? Shot at the flag when he didn't need to on one, then yanked the driver into the woods.
MAROON
AG
Missed both fairways off the tee is the issue
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
zephyr88
AG
He's ok... just gotta shake the jitters.
Uncharacteristically, pulled both tee shots left.
Need to bang this next one.
aginlakeway
AG
Buck Compton said:

About a bad a start as you could draw up for him. Are nerves getting to him or just regression to the mean? Shot at the flag when he didn't need to on one, then yanked the driver into the woods.

Two bad drives.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.