***** The Masters *****

148,659 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boom! Eagle for Koepka. -10
1872walker
Sam's first 2 shots on 2 have been shaky but he's gotten some good breaks. Bad angle to the pin.
MAROON
AG
Sam with a big break on 2 - almost hooked his second shot into the woods but got a nice deflection back inot the fairway.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
MAROON
AG
agreed - those are the first two shots I've seen him hit poorly so far in this tourney.
1872walker
Great up! Tough but doable birdie putt
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Great shot from a tough spot by Bennett.
AgLA06
AG
1872walker said:

Great up! Tough but doable birdie putt
"First class!"
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
It's amazing to compare Sam and Cam shot for shot. If you look at Cam's shots (of course none of them are on the TV feed so you have to look at them on the app), the majority of them are awful shots. Sam caught a break on the deflection into the fairway on 2, but otherwise is playing nearly flawlessly.
concac
AG
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

It's amazing to compare Sam and Cam shot for shot. If you look at Cam's shots (of course none of them are on the TV feed so you have to look at them on the app), the majority of them are awful shots. Sam caught a break on the deflection into the fairway on 2, but otherwise is playing nearly flawlessly.
You have some sort of obsession with Cam Champ.
CAR96
AG
To try and follow Sam on the Master's app is great, but is a lot of scrambling and waiting; it's not like straight shot for shot following.

What am I missing?
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
RealTalk said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Really? How many Ags are on tour? Who else should I be talking about? You see, this website is called TexAgs. It is primarily about Aggies. So yes, I will talk about all 2 of the Aggies that are in this event jackass.

Go hit the bottle again.

This is some actual RealTalk.
1872walker
As great as the Masters app is, it doesn't have constant coverage on each player. Right now your best bet is to hit the featured groups. The. Use the "my group" to fill in any gaps.

Switch to 4-6, then later Amen Corner.
MAROON
AG
not sure driver was the pay off the tee at #3. He's got a difficult angle for his second shot.
1872walker
Sam put himself in a tough spot off the tee on 3. A lot of guys have gone long and struggle to make par.
TexAg1822
AG
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Ya I feel for Champ. Like you, I try and keep up with him every week as he's one of our few on Tour.

It's frustrating, but he's already shown he can compete at this level obviously. Just really hoping he can find his groove soon and put it together past the driving. I'm rooting for him hard
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
TexAg1822 said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Ya I feel for Champ. Like you, I try and keep up with him every week as he's one of our few on Tour.

It's frustrating, but he's already shown he can compete at this level obviously. Just really hoping he can find his groove soon and put it together past the driving. I'm rooting for him hard
Same - it looks to me like so many of his issues are mental. Golf is such a mental game. He looks like he has zero confidence out there. I sincerely hope he can turn it around and I pull for him constantly. Apparently too much for some on this site.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Whoa - a miss for Sam on his approach on 3. Getting par won't be easy.
1872walker
That was actually a smart play. He went out to the meat of the green and leaves himself a relatively easy 2 putt. Firing at the pin and going long or coming up short is death.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
#3 green is absolutely brutal.
AgLA06
AG
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

RealTalk said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Really? How many Ags are on tour? Who else should I be talking about? You see, this website is called TexAgs. It is primarily about Aggies. So yes, I will talk about all 2 of the Aggies that are in this event jackass.

Go hit the bottle again.

It's not that you're discussing him. It's how. And this tone is a perfect reflection of that BS.
TexAg1822
AG
Agreed. Hoping with the positive developments in his personal life that will start to free him up.

I'm with you haha, I will always defend him both on the boards and in personal circles. We need more Ags on Tour, and its entirely possible to root our hardest for both Champ and now Sam. I was in school the same time as Champ so maybe I have more of a personal rooting interest, but by all accounts he's a great representative of our school.

And I will say that every time someone gives him a "Gig 'em" at the Valero, he's always quick to respond with a thumbs up acknowledgment. He gets a lot of unnecessary flack imo. But to each their own I guess
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
AgLA06 said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

RealTalk said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Go hit the bottle again.

It's not that you're discussing him. It's how. And this tone is a perfect reflection of that BS.
Apparently you can't read. I've been objective on Cam. I point out when he does well and when he doesn't. And discussing both of these perspectives regarding a player who is currently the best Ag on tour isn't obsession. It's analysis.
concac
AG
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

RealTalk said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Go hit the bottle again.

Just seems that any time you mention Champ, you're dogging him.

No doubt he has struggled the past couple of years with his game. I hope he turns it around because the talent is there.
MAROON
AG
Scottie having issues so far this morning
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
1872walker said:

That was actually a smart play. He went out to the meat of the green and leaves himself a relatively easy 2 putt. Firing at the pin and going long or coming up short is death.
Brutal pin on three. If he had been further to the right in the fairway he would have been in a better place going into the green. The miss may have been off the tee rather than his second shot. These short par 4s are insane sometimes.
JCA1
AG
Listening to the announcers, it sounds like the guys who went out early this morning may have a huge advantage over the afternoon guys.
KC_Ag14
AG
If I were a caddie, I think this is the only pin on 3 where I might want them to lay back. I don't see any way you can be aggressive with a pitch shot around that green to that hole location. If they're in control of their golf ball, these guys can be aggressive with a wedge to hole high and have it feed down or even stay there.
1872walker
If Sheffler could putt he'd be unbeatable. Yesterday he was +7.89 strokes gained tee to green and -2.69 putting.
1872walker
Hybrid in 4 doesn't cut. This one is going to be tough to get up and down.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Just don't make a big number here
Buck Compton
AG
What was he thinking on 4 going with the wood/hybrid? Going to be a tough up and down from there.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
RealTalk said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

RealTalk said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Go hit the bottle again.

Just seems that any time you mention Champ, you're dogging him.

No doubt he has struggled the past couple of years with his game. I hope he turns it around because the talent is there.
Nope - I posted yesterday that he was playing very well after starting +5 through 6. He was -3 for his next 10 holes. I pointed this out when he did it. Unfortunately he finished with consecutive bogeys to end the round, thus needing an amazing round to make the cut. He's missed a bunch of shots today and has only made a few good ones, as such he is on his way to missing 16 of his last 20 cuts.

When I write about Cam, I do so with a bit of exasperation. He's a three time tour winner that is far too good to be missing this many cuts. I want him to do well and pull for him every time he's out there.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
JCA1 said:

Listening to the announcers, it sounds like the guys who went out early this morning may have a huge advantage over the afternoon guys.
My thoughts exactly!
MAROON
AG
he's hit more poor shots so far today than he hit all of yesterday. Needs to get some confidence back
Big Al 1992
AG
Bogey on 4 would be a good result from where Sam is at.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.