***** The Masters *****

148,552 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
TexAg1822
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree. Although the way he played in the US Am and so far today, I'm hopeful we'll see him have a long successful career regardless. Really happy for him
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Dumb question. Guessing with NIL these collegiate guys can now wear sponsor patches.
2wealfth Man
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Dumb question. Guessing with NIL these collegiate guys can now wear sponsor patches.
must be so
Bunk Moreland
Seven Costanza said:

It seems that a really good showing by Bennett with some media coverage could increase his chances at getting sponsor exemptions later in the year when he turns pro, which could give him the opportunity to earn a tour card for next season without having to do any Korn Ferry business.

I think he also has held back cashing in on any of his already earned tournament exemptions specifically so he can use them once his college tourneys are over so he can earn money from them and also hope that springboards him to earning his card.

I might have that completely wrong though.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Spicewood Ag said:

Bob Ellis just got a shoutout on the Masters
What was the context?
Seven Costanza
AG
He does have to be an amateur if he wants to play in this year's Open Championship.
2wealfth Man
AG
Sam on the money

BTW: Koepka is Darth Vader and Patrick Reed is so face punchable
Thisguy1
98Ag99Grad said:

-7 for Brooks. Let the hate flow,

What happened with his caddie on 15? Just saw a tweet saying they had to look at it to possibly assess a penalty but they said they weren't.
Bunk Moreland
Oyster DuPree
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Koepka did nothing. Haters are seething and malding
Buck Compton
AG
Left some shots out there due to inexperience, but the putter was on today. Great first round of 68!
Big Al 1992
AG
Clean scorecard - matched the #1 player in the world and defending champion. Awesome! Gig'em Sam!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Simply an incredible round for Sam.

Dad is proud.

Don't wait to do something.
2wealfth Man
AG
damn good round
fightintxaggie10
AG
Sam ties world #1 Scottie Scheffler in first round. Amazing!
SW AG80
AG
By my count Sam missed one fairway #8. Missed 3 greens. #s 3,5&12. Had 29 putts. Really solid round.
SW AG80
AG
Yes, unless some other exemption allows him in.
bagger05
AG
What was the thing with Koepka and the caddie?
Quinn
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Spicewood Ag said:

Bob Ellis just got a shoutout on the Masters
What was the context?

Nantz was talking about Aggies that played on the PGA Tour then mentioned Ellis.
EKUAg
AG
Harry Stone
AG
My only ***** with The Masters...please change the damn theme music. It is just awful.
2wealfth Man
AG
Of course ESPN only wants to talk about Tigers ****ty round
Oyster DuPree
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Tiger Woods
2wealfth Man
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Seems pretty clear after watching the Golf Channel that information was passed from Koepka's caddie to Woodland's. Not sure why Woodland hasn't been questioned.
CoppellAg93
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Koepka did nothing. Haters are seething and malding

Correct - but his caddie did, and he's responsible for his actions as well.

If anything, The Masters probably decided not to penalize him because they don't want to be seen as picking on a LIV player.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
2wealfth Man said:

I'm with you on that. I know he was amazing for a long time, but he hasn't been that player in years. The media still acts like he's 2000's, must see TV Tiger.
Sea Speed
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Seems pretty clear after watching the Golf Channel that information was passed from Koepka's caddie to Woodland's. Not sure why Woodland hasn't been questioned.

Can you explain further? I still have no idea what happened.
whisperingbill
Sam Bennett is the first AM. since 1993 to record a bogey free round at the masters.
Bunk Moreland
His caddie is being accused of telling Woodland's caddie what club Brooks had just his his 2nd shot with, 5 iron.

And it certainly looks that way from the angle. But what we still don't have is an angle from the other side because the claim was that he was telling a broadcaster what club it was, which is asked of caddies all the time and they always tell the TV crews. And it's absolutely possible and probable that crew following that group would have been positioned right in the area where the caddie looked and said "five."

Everyone involved also said Gary's caddie didn't ask and they weren't doing it.
Ag_07
AG
On SportsCenter SVP when talking about Sam's round wrapped it up with 'The Aggie sure gave everyone else on the golf course a big Gig Em'.

Proud of Sam and awesome to see all the recognition.

Can't wait to watch him the rest of the way home!
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Curiously absent on the coverage today was DJ. Had to check to see if he was playing. Finished -1. Think there is some anti LIV sentiment from the broadcast?
cgh1999
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Curiously absent on the coverage today was DJ. Had to check to see if he was playing. Finished -1. Think there is some anti LIV sentiment from the broadcast?

None of the LIV guys got coverage except for koepka. Going low forced them to cover him.
aginlakeway
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Zero chance.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Bunk Moreland
Marcus Aurelius said:

It was intentional imo. At one point Brooks was only 4 under and they cut to his putt on the green and nobody said anything. Nantz and nobilo and the rest went silent. They showed the putt then moved to another player. It was odd.. Maybe they just got crossed up on who would say something but I doubt it.

Cam got a little coverage on 13 and 18
NColoradoAG
The media guys are the most petty little *****es about this whole LIV golf deal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.