***** The Masters *****

148,269 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
1872walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Masters.com or the app. Right now holes 4-6. But he's on 7 tee so go to featured groups. Then to Amen Corner after 10
CyclingAg82
AG
1872walker said:

Sam with another birdie on 6 from 23'!
Playing with composure, great showing so far.

Seems to have shortened his pre-shot routine.

E
AG
Masters App or if youre watching via a computer go to the master's website. Add him as a favorite and watch the My Group porting of their live coverage.
TraditionsPD
AG
cool that is what I am watching
Buck Compton
AG
Another birdie! What a putt to match the putt on number one.
1872walker
The "my group" is a bit delayed, but that's the best way to catch up.
aginlakeway
AG
I thought Rahm was "done" after his bad start?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
BayAg_14
Sammy buckets!
Ervin Burrell
AG
TraditionsPD said:

what is the best way to follow Bennett
Just follow the featured groups on Masters.com. I've seen every shot of us except his tee shot on 6.
Bunk Moreland

gougler08
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I assume the internet sleuths will be calling the Masters now for a penalty to be applied
aggiebonzo
AG
He addressed ball and it moved back and he marked it and moved it back to its original position. Hate these Twitter posts with no context.
BreNayPop
AG
I watched the morikawa thing real time. The coin is usually moved back and forth, not alternating the coin and ball. It doesn't look right- even giving him the benefit of the doubt for what I saw.
Bunk Moreland
BreNayPop said:

I watched the morikawa thing real time. The coin is usually moved back and forth, not alternating the coin and ball. It doesn't look right- even giving him the benefit of the doubt for what I saw.

Exactly. I'm not sure exactly what happened but it just looked weird.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I think Koepka is left of the water on 13. looked way up there.
BreNayPop
AG
And even if he was to argue that he moved the ball to act as a mark on its own, he was touching and moving it trying to keep it in its place before remarking it. So either he put it in play, or marked/moved and manipulated his mark/then remarked so as to suggest that it wasn't it it's original place. Just didn't look good. I think it'll be a penalty. The pros announcing it at the time both said "no comment but it didn't look right" as well…. However, I'm not sure what benefit moving the ball forward 3 inches gives you on a putt of the length he had.
aginlakeway
AG
74 for Woods.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Bunk Moreland
BreNayPop said:

And even if he was to argue that he moved the ball to act as a mark on its own, he was touching and moving it trying to keep it in its place before remarking it. So either he put it in play, or marked/moved and manipulated his mark/then remarked so as to suggest that it wasn't it it's original place. Just didn't look good. I think it'll be a penalty. The pros announcing it at the time both said "no comment but it didn't look right" as well…. However, I'm not sure what benefit moving the ball forward 3 inches gives you on a putt of the length he had.

Exactly. Not sure why anyone thinks a twitter handle asking WTF is happening here is some big deal, especially when the coverage even brought it up.

I'm wondering if he brain farted and mixed up his order of operations in his head. Agree...3 inches on that long of a putt is not something any pro would try to intentionally do to gain advantage.
bagger05
AG
Almost bet on him missing the cut. He will need a good day tomorrow. And the afternoon looks like much tougher conditions tomorrow.
1872walker
Sam with a kick in birdie par on 7. He's firing at pins and hit within 3' but it caught the slope. I'm not sure if some course knowledge would help him or not. It looks like he's swinging freely.
aginlakeway
AG
1872walker said:

Sam with a kick in birdie on 7. He's firing at pins and hit within 3' but it caught the slope. I'm not sure if some course knowledge would help him or not. It looks like he's swinging freely.

There's a reason why 1st timers struggle so much here.
Buck Compton
AG
1872walker said:

Sam with a kick in birdie on 7. He's firing at pins and hit within 3' but it caught the slope. I'm not sure if some course knowledge would help him or not. It looks like he's swinging freely.
No one is getting close to the pin at 7. And it was a kick in par.
Ervin Burrell
AG
1872walker said:

7 is a par 4, no?
1872walker
Yeah. My bad. Too many streams going on in my Masters app. Par on 7, -4.
Bunk Moreland
First bogey of the day for Koepka.
BayAg_14
That's why Rahm is there and I'm on the couch.
bagger05
AG
Rahm with a hell of a round. Might tie for the lead.
birdman
Colt Knost is wearing on my nerves. He's okay, but it's been a long day with him.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Rory is imploding already
Buck Compton
AG
First shot of the day off the pine straw for Sam, back into the fairway, solid position to try for a birdie here.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Pretty nice turnaround for Cam after being +5 thru 6. He's now +2 going in to 17.
Buck Compton
AG
Rahm going -9 after that four putt was something to watch.
gougler08
AG
Buck Compton said:

First shot of the day off the pine straw for Sam, back into the fairway, solid position to try for a birdie here.
Didn't get it back up to the last tier of the green it looked like
Buck Compton
AG
gougler08 said:

Buck Compton said:

Didn't get it back up to the last tier of the green it looked like
Nope. Probably about four yards short on his distance there. Likely walks away with a par.

Although I was confused why he hit first, he was closer than Scottie.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Scheffler looks like Frankenstein compared to Sam.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.