Master's question

5,069 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CatD11Ag
TXAGGIES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I may be heading there for the full week of activates to entertain clients. How transferable are tickets. If i go on Tuesday for a few hours and then take the clients out for lunch, could a friend of mine use my ticket for the 2nd half of the day or will that get my ticket taken up?
Aggie95
AG
I think they take you straight to jail
tamu2009
AG
I'm 90% sure tickets allow for 1 re-entry.
Yesterday
AG
We did this a few years ago. Worked fine.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Yes it works, no problem.
- your new friend
Westicles
AG
Everyone is different, but I couldn't imagine going to Augusta for only a few hours then leaving to go eat lunch somewhere else without eating 14 pimento cheese sandwiches and 3 peach ice cream sandwiches. The masters is just too much of a treat to be there and leave and go eat Cheddars. But maybe that's just me.
JCA1
AG
Westicles said:

Everyone is different, but I couldn't imagine going to Augusta for only a few hours then leaving to go eat lunch somewhere else without eating 14 pimento cheese sandwiches and 3 peach ice cream sandwiches. The masters is just too much of a treat to be there and leave and go eat Cheddars. But maybe that's just me.

You won't get the ice cream sandwiches but you can have most of the rest of it shipped right to your house the week of the tourney. I already pulled the trigger on it. Mostly for the cups.

https://tasteofthemasters.masters.com/
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Cool !
DannyDuberstein
AG
Take them to dinner the night before or after the round. Leaving seems crazy. Augusta is not exactly filled with prime eating establishments anyway. Rhinehart's has been my favorite, but it's basically a dive with awesome food that will be served in a basket

If I'm his client, I'm like "wait, you want to leave????"
schwabbin
AG
If you aren't out there sunup to sundown you're crazy. I took customers a few years back and that was understood going in.
SW AG80
AG
Take them to dinner on Sunday night. There is an Italian food place downtown but you need to get reservations soon. Crenshaw eats there the Sunday night before the Masters begins. Last year Chamblee and the other guy on Golf Channel (Steve?) were there.

It is a cool place to go during Masters week.

And as others have said, don't leave Augusta National to take them to lunch. If they are on the course with you then have a Masters' lunch, which is memorable and then take them to dinner.
CapCity12thMan
AG

Quote:

If i go on Tuesday for a few hours and then take the clients out for lunch

what is wrong with you
DannyDuberstein
AG
The client when told they are leaving AN to have lunch

AgOutsideAustin
JCA1
AG
"Augusta National is great but who's up for Applebees?!"
ddub96
AG
I have been lucky enough to go to The Masters several times. Please do not do this. You will be on some of the most sacred ground in the world. Part of the beauty is the concessions - cheap and fast. Also sitting around in numerous spots using available chairs. Getting into some of the grandstands. And you do this for hours at a time. It goes by crazy fast especially in the middle of the day when the course is full. That doesn't even count the merchandise tent time which has started to take longer in recent years. Just my two cents - once you enter the gates just let yourself soak it in with no cell phone to bother you and and being at the best run sporting event in the world.
whisperingbill
Come on people. He is there for the full week. Thats "full week". I think it's wonderful that you would hook your friend up for half a day on Tuesday. That leaves you 6 1/2 days instead of 7. You should be fine.
JCA1
AG
Anybody that gets to spend the whole week at the Masters can withstand a little ribbing. It's the least we can do.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
A full week at the Masters on an expense account ??

The hate is real………
muleshoe
AG
Have you ordered this before? Seems like a pretty cool deal….
Wrec86 Ag
Let's be careful with apostrophe use when it comes to The Masters.

"The Master's" may be taken in a not-so-positive way.
JCA1
AG
First time. Curious to see how it is.
bcanales05
AG
Can I be a client? Asking for a friend.
Shaggie 05
AG
Looks like they (I'm assuming you mean Luigi's) don't take reservations for groups smaller than 5. Any other suggestions for somewhere to eat on the Sunday before? Or do you think a group of 4 will be able to walk in that night, because I'd assume that's not the case.
SW AG80
AG
Your chances of walking into Luigi's would be really slim. There are other places downtown. Downtown Augusta is really pretty nice. Much nicer than I expected.
FincAg13
AG
Going to the Monday practice round. It's our first time. We'll be driving in from Savannah on Sunday afternoon. Any recommendations for food in Augusta or general recommendations for the Monday round would be appreciated.
Ezra Brooks
AG
I've got 2 to sell for Monday.

I'm asking $750/each.

PM me if interested. If no interest in a day or so, I'll post on StubHub.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Rhineharts if you like seafood. Extremely casual dive type place, but awesome.

For the day, get there early (before 7) so you can get thru the outer gate security early. The ropes to the course don't drop until 8, so go do your merch shopping first in that window and have it shipped home so you don't have to carry it - they have a shipping station next to the merch shop. That is also when the shop will be the least crowded it will ever be, no waiting to get inside.
Ezra Brooks
AG
No cell phones on property... safe to leave in the car assuming you park on AGNC parking lot?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Whether to bring a chair or not is always a debate and personal preference, but there is a long time Masters volunteer on this site (boorsdley) that will tell you not to bother because the grandstands are in the best viewing spots and there is enough coming/going to get a seat quickly (especially by 15 green where u can watch 15 and 16). I've been to a couple of practice rounds and agree with him
Yesterday
AG
Nm
whisperingbill
DannyDuberstein said:

For the day, get there early (before 7) so you can get thru the outer gate security early. The ropes to the course don't drop until 8, so go do your merch shopping first in that window and have it shipped home so you don't have to carry it - they have a shipping station next to the merch shop. That is also when the shop will be the least crowded it will ever be, no waiting to get inside.
I have some friends going for the entire week. Are you telling me that i can give one of them my credit card and have them just go buy the merch I want, and then just have it mailed to me right then and there when they buy it? And if so, is the merch shop open on Monday ?........And I might as well ask. Can you overnight sandwiches and cookies with the merchandise? I turned down a free house and a pass for the entire week and weekend this year. This would make me feel much better about that decision !! lol....I have got to have a Masters umbrella and a PC sandwich.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes, there is a ship center next to the shop. You can just check it in and retrieve it at the end of the day (like coat check), but shipping it home is the way to go. It is open the entire time.

I wouldn't advise doing it for food. Gross
TwoTimeAg
AG
You can ship whatever you want that UPS allows.
The Milkman
AG
whisperingbill said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I have some friends going for the entire week. Are you telling me that i can give one of them my credit card and have them just go buy the merch I want, and then just have it mailed to me right then and there when they buy it? And if so, is the merch shop open on Monday ?........And I might as well ask. Can you overnight sandwiches and cookies with the merchandise? I turned down a free house and a pass for the entire week and weekend this year. This would make me feel much better about that decision !! lol....I have got to have a Masters umbrella and a PC sandwich.

Pimento cheese would make you feel better about turning down that kind of opportunity??
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.