Romo and JFF to play in Texas State Open

18,647 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dc509
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jja79 said:

Don't tell Gabe. He's expecting to see him on the first page of the US Open Sunday leaderboard with a little practice.

Is he really pumping the sunshine like that irt jff?
The Milkman
AG
I thought everyone was ready to see him drift away into quiet nonrelevance
jgh85Ag
AG
The Milkman said:

I thought everyone was ready to see him drift away into quiet nonrelevance

Pretty much there.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
jja79
AG
Last year after he played the senior tees at Shadow Creek with Golfholics he got a little over excited about how easy it might be to go from over par in a recreational round to competing with the world's best after a little practice.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jja79 said:

Don't tell Gabe. He's expecting to see him on the first page of the US Open Sunday leaderboard with a little practice.
No kidding. I still can't believe that whole conversation that week that was on here.
cab559
AG
cab559 said:

powerbelly said:

Can I bet on someone finishing DFL?

How much money could you make on smylie in a pga tourney? He'd probably be -110 but still good odds.

Not to derail but smylie fired an 87 at the Barbasol and is DFL by a mile after round 1.
powerbelly
AG
cab559 said:

cab559 said:

powerbelly said:

Can I bet on someone finishing DFL?

How much money could you make on smylie in a pga tourney? He'd probably be -110 but still good odds.

Not to derail but smylie fired an 87 at the Barbasol and is DFL by a mile after round 1.

He has to be running out of status soon, right?
Sea Speed
AG
Didn't he win on tour as well and was part of that whole group of young good players? How do you fall off that hard?
FTAco07
AG
He won in 2016 and was in the last group on Sunday at The Masters before blowing up that day. It's been downhill ever since.
Aggie369
AG
Lose your mental game
DGAG92
AG
Aggie369 said:

I understand how it works I just don't know any 1 HCs that shoot 87

Didn't Phil shoot 80 today? It happens.
Class of 1992
Sea Speed
AG
He also won a major less than 3 months ago.
mt3950
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

Guys who DIDN'T qualify:

Cassity: +4 hdcp
Stanley: +6.3 hdcp
Uhlig: +4.7 hdcp

Rodriguez (former All-American at A&M): +1.7 hdcp
Koricanek: +3.7 hdcp
Hunsucker: +4.5 hdcp

THIS!! There are so many +3's that can't sniff a real mini tour out there it's ridiculous. Thinking someone that's "around scratch" could really compete consistently, is pretty silly. These tourneys are giving out these exemptions to Romo, JFF, Jerry Rice, Steph Curry, etc in order to drive attendance and increase revenues. No other reason. If the celebrities happen to catch lightening in a bottle that weekend and end up making the cut, then it's even better for the tourney and revenuesanyone who thinks it's anything other than a publicity stunt is silly. The difference in a 1 handicap and a +3 handicap is massive.
Aggie369
AG
British open in 16-20 mph wind compared to Tyler Texas rando course?

"C'mon man"
mt3950
AG
You're not serious, are you?
DGAG92
AG
mt3950 said:

You're not serious, are you?

That Phil shot 80? or that it happens?
Class of 1992
DGAG92
AG
Aggie369 said:

British open in 16-20 mph wind compared to Tyler Texas rando course?

"C'mon man"

Tyler? He didn't say Tyler, he said he didn't know how a 1 HC could shoot an 87.

Wind?? Louie shot -6..so whats your point?

My point was, it happens even to professionals.
Class of 1992
mt3950
AG
Comparing a 1 handicap to Phil Mickelson, and comparing the British Open, and those course conditions to a casual round in Tyler
DGAG92
AG
mt3950 said:

Comparing a 1 handicap to Phil Mickelson.

Ok slow one. Not comparing Phil to a 1.

Im saying even Phil can shoot an 80. Reading comprehension an issue for you?
Class of 1992
DGAG92
AG
mt3950 said:

Comparing a 1 handicap to Phil Mickelson, and comparing the British Open, and those course conditions to a casual round in Tyler

nice edit.still not what I said. I bet you got your vaccine.
Class of 1992
mt3950
AG
I edited my responseI'm just saying, you can't say "it happens" and have that mean the same thing for jff vs Phil. JFF is playing a recreational round, on a course in Tyler that's pretty easy relatively speaking. Phil is playing a major championship, on a course that's incredibly difficult. JFF would break 100 at the open this week.
mt3950
AG
DGAG92 said:

mt3950 said:

nice edit.still not what I said. I bet you got your vaccine.

You're a real gem.
Aggie369
AG
If you think oosti played the same course as Phil today then I don't need to continue having this conversation. Also 80 was Phil's highest round in a major EVER
DGAG92
AG
Aggie369 said:

If you think oosti played the same course as Phil today then I don't need to continue having this conversation. Also 80 was Phil's highest round in a major EVER

YOU said, "I just don't know any 1 HCs that shoot 87"

The answer to that was "it happens", meaning a 1 HC can have a day with 20mph winds just like Phil did yesterday. You look at a guys score and wonder how did he shoot 87, but you have no idea what the conditions were. Hence the comment, "It happens". I used Phil, because he shot 80 yesterday. I could have used any professional who's shot 80+.
Class of 1992
Aggie369
AG
You said

"Wind?? Louie shot -6..so whats your point?"

My point was that oosti didn't play in the same wind as Phil...they were completely different courses. The late tee times played a much more difficult course.

If Johnny had shot an 87 in England or Scotland in 15-20 mph I would have said "yeah that's hard as ****" he didnt...he shot 85 and 87 at his home course.

I've played countless rounds of golf both in tournaments and for fun with D1 golfers, pro golfers, and PGA Tour players.......87 doesn't "just happen" on a regular course in Texas. 87 can "just happen" for a 1 HC on PGA Tour set ups with tough weather or in UK maybe?
DGAG92
AG
Aggie369 said:

You said

"Wind?? Louie shot -6..so whats your point?"

My point was that oosti didn't play in the same wind as Phil...they were completely different courses. The late tee times played a much more difficult course.

If Johnny had shot an 87 in England or Scotland in 15-20 mph I would have said "yeah that's hard as ****" he didnt...he shot 85 and 87 at his home course.

I've played countless rounds of golf both in tournaments and for fun with D1 golfers, pro golfers, and PGA Tour players.......87 doesn't "just happen" on a regular course in Texas. 87 can "just happen" for a 1 HC on PGA Tour set ups with tough weather or in UK maybe?

So, according to your vast knowledge, no 1 HC has ever shot 87 in Texas? I assure you, if the wind gets up at The Rawls course in Lubbock, a 1 HC can throw up an 87 in a hurry.
Class of 1992
Sea Speed
AG
What a wild argument
Mr.Bond
AG
This thread took a turn
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

JarAG2007
AG
Aggie369
AG
Lol

Yes it's physically possible
DGAG92
AG
Aggie369 said:

Lol

Yes it's physically possible

YEAY!!! We agree. Better news, Reed is +2 for the tournament.
Class of 1992
Aggie369
AG
This conversation would have been much different not on a message board

Physically possible? Yes I agree...its quite possible in certain conditions

Casually "just happens" and is common occurrence....no, not even close
DGAG92
AG
Aggie369 said:

This conversation would have been much different not on a message board

Physically possible? Yes I agree...its quite possible in certain conditions

Casually "just happens" and is common occurrence....no, not even close

Yeah, I agree. Speaking that and typing it are two different things, but it happens! LOL

I'm a 1.5, went and looked at my stats on GHIN, I've got 5 scores in the 80's. Low of 69, high 86..avg score 77.3. We 1's don't always stripe it.
Class of 1992
GIF Reactor
AG
mt3950 said:

I edited my responseI'm just saying, you can't say "it happens" and have that mean the same thing for jff vs Phil. JFF is playing a recreational round, on a course in Tyler that's pretty easy relatively speaking. Phil is playing a major championship, on a course that's incredibly difficult. JFF would break 100 at the open this week.
Did you mean would not break 100?
Aggie369
AG
Yes im sure he did

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.