Arizona recommendation

14,629 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by AustinCountyAg
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
investorAg83 said:

Playing Talking Stick on Friday. Quick turnaround so I can only get one round in.

Good condition but a very average course for the area imo.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

jja79
AG
The views at Quintero are worth the price. Playing the right tees is the key I think. Swallow your pride and move up one more and have fun. As you said it's a beat down.
Mr.Bond
AG
Finalizing trip coming up in 8 weeks.

For guys familiar with area, if you could play 36 at either Whirlwind or Camelback which and why
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marauder Blue 6
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Finalizing trip coming up in 8 weeks.

For guys familiar with area, if you could play 36 at either Whirlwind or Camelback which and why
Whirlwind. Camelback basically follows a dried up ditch with houses on either side. Whirlwind feels more like you're out in the middle of nowhere even though it's closer to a major freeway.
Mr.Bond
AG
We settled on Wildfire instead

Wednesday
Verrado Founders

Thursday Wildfire 36

Friday
Sunridge 18

Saturday
Dinosaur Mountain 36

Mr.Bond
AG
13 days until the annual trip!

Wednesday
Longbow

Thursday
Troon Monument
Legend Trail

Friday
Sunridge Canyon

Saturday
The "GOAT" Dinosaur Mountain

Need to work in Eagle Mountain for next year

19AG84
AG
My mom live in Sun City, AZ during the winter. My dad passed away 12 years ago, but we used to play golf together regularly. Now, I spend two weeks a year in Arizona. My favorite golf courses are:

1. Troon North Monument

2. Estancia

3. Desert Highlands

4. Whisper Rock (Upper)

5. We-Ko-Pa (Saguaro)

I could go on, but the courses of Scottsdale and beyond are fabulous.
jja79
AG
Sunridge and Dinosaur are my favorites.
Mr.Bond
AG
jja79 said:

The dinosaur fever is real my friend. And **** that brawt on sunridge..... Legendary

Duckhook
AG
I haven't played every course in AZ, including a few mentioned on this thread. But of all of the courses I've played (15 or so), Quintero tops my list. As it did for others in my group this past 4 days.
[url=https://ibb.co/sP7mwfr][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/tZzdwdF][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/DkcLK5S][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/F51BZ2c][/url]
Played 4 days in the desert. And the only ball I lost was in the water on the par-3 I pictured.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Beautiful course wow
tbone94
AG
We are going March 11-15. Can't wait. Playing saguaro twice, chollo, TPC Stadium, Troon North Monument, and Dinosaur Mtn.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
tbone94 said:

We are going March 11-15. Can't wait. Playing saguaro twice, chollo, TPC Stadium, Troon North Monument, and Dinosaur Mtn.

Wow what a lineup !!
Mr.Bond
AG
tbone94 said:

Absolutely phenomenal lineup. I'd drop tpc for sunridge but that's me.

Mr.Bond
AG
Just wrapped up our trip today. Troon was phenomenal as always and sunridge and Dinosaur Mountain are still absolutely ****in awesome. Could play them both 7 days a week

terradactylexpress
Quote:

+1 dropping stadium for anything else.
terradactylexpress
Quote:

tbone94
AG
Ok I'm open for making a last minute change to the itinerary. A few have suggested sealing out TPC stadium.
Should we book pinnacle, sun ridge, or greyhawk?
Mr.Bond
AG
tbone94 said:

Ok I'm open for making a last minute change to the itinerary. A few have suggested sealing out TPC stadium.
Should we book pinnacle, sun ridge, or greyhawk?

I'd vote no on pinnacle.

Greyhawk is phenomenal but will likely run 100-150 more than sunridge.

My personal opinion you can't beat sunridges views and course character. Plus let's not forget the dogs and brats on #9 lol.

I love GHawk and it's awesome pro shop but my vote would be Sunridge. It and Dinosaur Mountain are mainstays in our annual trip

AustinCountyAg
terradactylexpress said:

Quote:

If anything drop the stadium for the champions course.
Mr.Bond
AG
Played Troon last week and I couldn't believe the amount of play and ball marks on greens. The course was still beautiful but for $500 you certainly expect more I understand it with a Super Bowl and waste management in town but it's still a bit of a let down

tbone94
AG
I went ahead and booked SunRidge purely based on that brat.
tbone94
AG
Has anyone played Red Mountain Ranch or Las Sendas?
Mr.Bond
AG
tbone94 said:

I went ahead and booked SunRidge purely based on that brat.

Ag_07
AG
We're headed to Scottsdale in May and while I don't have any firsthand experience here a couple I looked into that caught my attention. Maybe someone can elaborate on any of these

McDowell Mountain
Short course at Shadown Mountain - Par 3 course but I got the recommendation to start out here on the afternoon/evening of arrival or the first morning. Use it as kind of a warm up round to relax and get dialed in
McCormick Ranch
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Mr.Bond said:

jja79 said:

The dinosaur fever is real my friend. And **** that brawt on sunridge..... Legendary

Can now agree that's a great brat ! Sunridge was a little disappointing conditions wise compared to WeKoPa and even TPC Champions but those last wicked 6 holes are legit. I think we saw Eagle Mountain just south of Shea Blvd on our way to Sunridge and it looked really green and in good shape. First trip out there and the guys wants to go back especially since one had to cancel.
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

We're headed to Scottsdale in May and while I don't have any firsthand experience here a couple I looked into that caught my attention. Maybe someone can elaborate on any of these

McDowell Mountain
Short course at Shadown Mountain - Par 3 course but I got the recommendation to start out here on the afternoon/evening of arrival or the first morning. Use it as kind of a warm up round to relax and get dialed in
McCormick Ranch
Shadow Mountain is supposed to be nice, but if it were me and there is time I'd play a full 18 somewhere instead. You can get relaxed and dialed in on an 18. Esp since yall are coming in for a golf trip make the most of it and play a full round. TPC, Talking stick, etc are all close to the airport.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.