Golf Memberships

34,626 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dr.Pepper7
texpert68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know what the latest is for Sugar Creek or Riverbend?
Ezra Brooks
AG
texpert68 said:

Anybody know what the latest is for Sugar Creek or Riverbend?
I've got a buddy that's at Sugar Creek.

Their ask is ~$6K but he says they throw around some incentives (free cart, other credits) that can knock it down a fair amount.

Monthly is in the $500 range with $100 assessment for capital improvements.

He really likes it out there. He was at Sweet Water but got really upset with them because they were milking the membership for $ and not putting anything back into the club - facilities were degrading and course conditions would swing wildly.
knoxtom
BESCo91 said:

Colorado Springs Country Club member.
- $520 per month.
- Unlimited golf, range, chip/putt for my family.
- Cart is $9 for 9, $18 for 18.
- Unlimited pool (May-Sep), tennis, gym & classes.

Average pace of play for 18 is 3 hours and 52 minutes ..... that's really what I am paying for (and an impeccably maintained course).

I am thinking of joining Country Club of Colorado. I played it the other day and liked the course, although it is quite hard. Family loves the lake, beach, all the pools, etc. They cut the price on the initiation and monthly is about the same.

Leaning toward CCOC instead of CSCC because of the price (live in Broadmoor Bluffs).

Any thoughts?
Gabriel Belmont
AG
Anyone have any updated info on Kingwood CC without Deerwood access? I'd be in the young executive range, but curious on the initiation and monthly rates right now for the golf portion.

I'm trying to figure out how much I might be able to negotiate with the recent downturn and possible membership losses for them, or if WFH is letting them stand firm.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
I'm a current KCC Member as a YEX.

I didn't pay any initiation fee (April '16) but my monthly dues are about $368/month.

I would venture to guess they haven't lost too many members as ClubCorp gave some credits when the gyms and restaurants shutdown in March and WFH has definitely increased the amount of rounds being played during the week.

At the end of the day I don't think this type of deal can be beat in the Houston area.

Shoot away if you have anymore questions.
cmk10
AG
Gabriel Belmont said:

Anyone have any updated info on Kingwood CC without Deerwood access? I'd be in the young executive range, but curious on the initiation and monthly rates right now for the golf portion.

I'm trying to figure out how much I might be able to negotiate with the recent downturn and possible membership losses for them, or if WFH is letting them stand firm.
i'm a member at Golf Trails of the Woodlands and i use they gym at Kingwood CC, since its closer to my work. The gym alone is almost worth the price/month.
khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

54$/month at Westridge in McKinney gets me

16$ golf with cart and beer 11-3:59
6$ golf with cart and beer 4-6:59
Free golf after 7:00
15% off March at pro shop
Unlimited range balls l
Twice weekly group clinics
59$/month at Westridge in McKinney gets me

19$ golf with cart and beer 2-3:59
12$ golf with cart and beer 4-5:59
Free golf after 6:00
15% off Merch at pro shop
Unlimited range balls
Twice weekly group clinics

Updated rates
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The unlimited range balls is a great perk. They have a nice range.

It's tough to play out there at twilight though... seems like it's already crowded. Haven't played there in a couple of years though.
khaos288
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

The unlimited range balls is a great perk. They have a nice range.

It's tough to play out there at twilight though... seems like it's already crowded. Haven't played there in a couple of years though.
Yeah. They capped membership a few months after covid hit because it was so busy, but it's been a lot better than the arcis I used to have in DFW.
Dr.Pepper7
AG
If you qualify for YEX and more interested in the golf rather than the amenities of Club Corp i would check out Champions. Under 35 runs around $5,000 initiation and then less than $400 a month. The golf you get at Champions is going to blow any club corp out of the water.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.