*****2018 US Open*****

38,959 Views | 668 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by _lefraud_
Ags77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DJ's 36 on the back nine is pretty darn good
Gigem
treetop flyer
I agree on buck and azinger. Jesus Christ. Shut the **** up.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Aggie369 said:

Lol Berger and Finau in final pairing and teed off at like 1030am

What a joke

Screw the USGA

The last 10 guys on the course today were 67 over par....embarrassing

Exactly my point. Totally skewed result. Leaderboard is now made up of guys that played a totally different course based not on weather but purely on the USGA ****ing up royally. Flushed the first 36 holes down the toilet
KatyAg01
AG
Hell just froze over. Mike Davis is admitting they screwed it up.
Aggie369
AG
USGA just admitted that good shots weren't rewarded in the afternoon and that the course was too tough...thanks but too late. U ruined it again
DannyDuberstein
AG
Stfu joe
98Ag99Grad
AG
Still waiting for Aikman to strangle him one year.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Basically campaigning to have Phil dq'd. Stop talking and put that silver spoon you were born with back in your mouth, Joe.
KatyAg01
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Stfu joe
Announcers are always making the point that the rules of golf can work for you or against you (particularly with drops and taking relief). Phil used the rules in a manner that may not be in the spirit that they were intended, but he used them in a way that he thought would benefit him. And that pisses Buck off, which makes me happy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Stricker said the greens this AM were rolling 3 ft faster than the 1st 2 days and predicted a disaster afternoon. Even without the afternoon train wreck, the consistency of the greens simply shouldnt change that much round to round unless weather causes it. And Im just talking about the AM, not clown mouth PM

Nevertheless. Here we are with a leaderboard full of guys rewarded by the USGA for not playing as well the first 2 days.
Brush Country
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23815139/phil-mickelson-withdraw-us-open-bizarre-display-13th-hole-shinnecock-hills%3fplatform=amp

Jesus Christ. GFY dude.
Betoisafurry
It really is a clown show at this point.
Forum Troll
AG
Clown golf indeed.
watty
AG
I love it. Yes, the course got away and is unfair. I completely agree and acknowledge that.

And I still love it. It messes with their heads and to see who can keep it together and survive the unfairness, that's a heck of a champion. I can't stop watching when it gets like this. I get far more joy watching bogeys and worse during US Opens than I do birdies on a normal week.
BigHitterDaLama
As a resident living near chambers bay, I'm glad Mike Davis and his cronies butchered an american classic course for the sake of preventing a birdie fest. Chambers still gets a bad rap ( unless you've played it) which isn't fair. You want a difficult us open.....tighten the fairways immensely and go back to an old school ball.
ORAggieFan
BigHitterDaLama said:

As a resident living near chambers bay, I'm glad Mike Davis and his cronies butchered an american classic course for the sake of preventing a birdie fest. Chambers still gets a bad rap ( unless you've played it) which isn't fair. You want a difficult us open.....tighten the fairways immensely and go back to an old school ball.

I really want to play it. That said, my BIL, who was an assistant at Shalee, was hating on it well before the US Open. Think it's a love/hate course.
aggietony2010
AG
watty said:

I love it. Yes, the course got away and is unfair. I completely agree and acknowledge that.

And I still love it. It messes with their heads and to see who can keep it together and survive the unfairness, that's a heck of a champion. I can't stop watching when it gets like this. I get far more joy watching bogeys and worse during US Opens than I do birdies on a normal week.

Except if the winner comes from an early group, it's not that they coped with the unfairness, it's that, by sucking in the early rounds, they were rewarded by not having to deal with it.

I think this will be the last US Open at Shinnecock. The link from earlier in this thread mentioned that it took some convincing by the USGA, as well as promises that this **** wouldn't happen again, for Shinnecock to allow them to hold it here. At least the USGA screwed up Saturday, and Sunday might not be such a ****show.
Ags77
AG
This will NOT be the last US OPEN at Shinnecock.
Gigem
07fta07
AG
ORAggieFan said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

I really want to play it. That said, my BIL, who was an assistant at Shalee, was hating on it well before the US Open. Think it's a love/hate course.

It's a great course but it's not worth the $250+ of whatever they're charging now.
07fta07
AG
It's already on the schedule again in 2026. It's not the course that's the problem. The USGA has proven they can and will **** up any course presented to them.
bagger05
AG
aggietony2010 said:

watty said:

Except if the winner comes from an early group, it's not that they coped with the unfairness, it's that, by sucking in the early rounds, they were rewarded by not having to deal with it.

I think this will be the last US Open at Shinnecock. The link from earlier in this thread mentioned that it took some convincing by the USGA, as well as promises that this **** wouldn't happen again, for Shinnecock to allow them to hold it here. At least the USGA screwed up Saturday, and Sunday might not be such a ****show.

Agreed. Different story if the conditions were like that for everyone, but they weren't.
Ags77
AG
KatyAg01 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Stfu joe
Announcers are always making the point that the rules of golf can work for you or against you (particularly with drops and taking relief). Phil used the rules in a manner that may not be in the spirit that they were intended, but he used them in a way that he thought would benefit him. And that pisses Buck off, which makes me happy.

Even though I like Phil, I have to say this was a very bad day for him. I remember when John Daily did a similar thing.. He was really ripped in the press, which he deserved.

Phil does too, imo. Phil's place in the game today is real high. I'm afraid this hurts that .

Can you imagine Jack or Tom Watson doing that ? No way.
Gigem
Forum Troll
AG
Ouch these post round player interviews are brutal for the USGA.
BigHitterDaLama
You can play it less than that, much less. Its definitely a love/hate course but the USGA did it absolutely zero favors.
Brush Country
You mean how he knew the rules and used them to his favor? You're right, real tarnish on his rep on another course that the usga again setup like dog**** in the rain.

As he said some of y'all need to "toughen up".
Ags77
AG
Brush Country said:

You mean how he knew the rules and used them to his favor? You're right, real tarnish on his rep on another course that the usga again setup like dog**** in the rain.

As he said some of y'all need to "toughen up".

We are just gonna have to respectfully disagree.
Gigem
Brush Country
No we aren't. These are the best in the world it shouldn't be a joke and a side high five that they can't make par. Phil made a point and most agree this course and the usga are complete *****
Ags77
AG
Brush Country said:

No we aren't. These are the best in the world it shouldn't be a joke and a side high five that they can't make par. Phil made a point and most agree this course and the usga are complete *****

Phil didn't make a point. Phil made a MISTAKE. I would like to think we can respectfully disagree, but if not..ok....have a good night.
Gigem
Brush Country
Phil knew exactly what he was doing. He was playing by the rules. He said so afterwards. If you want to make it more than that, go ahead. You're listening to fox too much.
HossAg
AG
Everyone who has common sense and knows what kind of guy Phil is disagrees with you.
Ags77
AG
Brush Country said:

Phil knew exactly what he was doing. He was playing by the rules. He said so afterwards. If you want to make it more than that, go ahead. You're listening to fox too much.

Perhaps you thought I meant he ACCIDENTALLY made a MISTAKE ? No, he knew what he was doing. On that we agree. I think he regrets it very much or will regret it later. That's all I'm saying.
Gigem
Brush Country
I don't think he'll regret anything. One of the games best all time making a point how terrible the course is.
HossAg
AG
I don't think he regrets anything. You're just regurgitating everything you heard Joe Buck say.
Ags77
AG
HossAg said:

I don't think he regrets anything. You're just regurgitating everything you heard Joe Buck say.

Lol, no these are my thoughts... and we will see if Phil regrets it.
Gigem
EKUAg
AG
They screwed up Shinnicock again. Even David Fay mentioned the grass was too tight/short for the conditions. You can have a firm golf course with out taking it to the limit of killing it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.