Does tiger play in this years Masters?

7,717 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Fuzzy Dunlop
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's been having extensive practice sessions with Como at Medalist lately, as well as playing holes. I wouldn't be surprised either way. From everything he's said in the past week it looks like he's gonna try to play. If he wasn't planning on giving it a go I doubt we would see him make any statements or do any interviews at all.
bagger05
AG
I think most of his public appearances are about the new book.

I think he will play if at all possible even if his game isn't up to snuff.
GIF Reactor
AG
Could be cyclical..."Guess good-bye world, huh?" press conference at Erin Hills? Start and end in Wisconsin.
Baby Billy
AG
Tiger *may* have played Augusta today.
Ag_07
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Tiger *may* have played Augusta today.

Yeah...Just like that worse ball 56 he shot that time.
AgLA06
AG
I hope not.

Let some deserving first timer who's earmed it play.

The last thing I want is him to take their spot and withdraw in the second round on his way to shooting 85.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
AgLA06 said:

I hope not.

Let some deserving first timer who's earmed it play.

The last thing I want is him to take their spot and withdraw in the second round on his way to shooting 85.

The masters doesn't work that way. He either plays or he doesn't. There are no alternates.
Ag81Golf
As a former winner has an exemption to play in the Masters.

As Rusty said, it does not prevent others from getting in the field.
AgLA06
AG
In that case I hope he gets drunk and breaks 100! Let the games begin.
BadAzzBohemian
AG
Watched a show last night about his first Masters win. He had a beautiful, simple, single plane swing.

That swing could have allowed him to play a long, long time.

He received way too much swing "coaching" when he needed none.
AggieC07
AG
I was watching some of his old swings (96-97), there were some things that were obvious like being across the line at the top but MAN could he uncoil.
Famous Shoes
AG
BAS for life
Huell Babineaux said:

He's been having extensive practice sessions with Como at Medalist lately, as well as playing holes. I wouldn't be surprised either way. From everything he's said in the past week it looks like he's gonna try to play. If he wasn't planning on giving it a go I doubt we would see him make any statements or d5o any interviews at all.

Curious, where did you hear that?
Baby Billy
AG
BAS for life said:

Huell Babineaux said:

He's been having extensive practice sessions with Como at Medalist lately, as well as playing holes. I wouldn't be surprised either way. From everything he's said in the past week it looks like he's gonna try to play. If he wasn't planning on giving it a go I doubt we would see him make any statements or d5o any interviews at all.

Curious, where did you hear that?

Follow @twspot on Instagram and Twitter. He always has tiger inside info.
BarryProfit
Apparently Tiger's name is on the Tuesday press conference schedule, FWIW.
EKUAg
AG
He'll do the presser and the Champions dinner. Not sure he will play.
Baby Billy
AG
EKUAg said:

He'll do the presser and the Champions dinner. Not sure he will play.
He's not doing the presser if he's not playing.

Either way, we should hear today via the typical Friday news dump we always get from tiger
watty
AG
If you're following that @twspot account listed above, he claims everything just changed. He just claimed that the flight schedule for Tiger just changed from Sunday-Sunday to now where he is just flying in for the champions dinner and then leaving right after. Supposedly not even going to be there for media. This guy claims to have an ironclad source in the airport along with other sources.

As for the news dump, apparently the new TW '17 shoe was just released, literally minutes after that guy tweeted that Tiger's flight changed. Supposedly the shoe wasn't supposed to be released until tomorrow, so this guy is speculating that as Tiger's plans changed (from playing to not playing), they immediately changed the shoe release plan and dumped it.
bagger05
AG
Bummer. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Baby Billy
AG
watty said:

If you're following that @twspot account listed above, he claims everything just changed. He just claimed that the flight schedule for Tiger just changed from Sunday-Sunday to now where he is just flying in for the champions dinner and then leaving right after. Supposedly not even going to be there for media. This guy claims to have an ironclad source in the airport along with other sources.

As for the news dump, apparently the new TW '17 shoe was just released, literally minutes after that guy tweeted that Tiger's flight changed. Supposedly the shoe wasn't supposed to be released until tomorrow, so this guy is speculating that as Tiger's plans changed (from playing to not playing), they immediately changed the shoe release plan and dumped it.

Did that guy get his old twitter deleted? I know for certain I used to follow him and he had over 20k followers. Checked Twitter and the only twspot account I could find was one with 5k followers and I wasn't following. I know his Instagram account has almost 40k followers and he hasn't posted anything on there. Maybe the other guy is a fake?

Edit: never mind. He has that twitter account linked in his Instagram bio. That guy is usually right, so not good news for tiger fans
Baby Billy
AG
Tiger announced that he's not playing. Guy is afraid of getting embarrassed
tandy miller
AG
Would have loved to see him play... can't say I'm surprised though
Mr.Bond
AG
Sadly that's the one major course he could possibly not embarrass himself on this year
KC_Ag14
AG
Only Tiger account worth following is @tigerpimpwoods on Twitter ..

Thank me later
DannyDuberstein
AG
Back is trashed. And his head may only be slightly better than his back.
Icecream_Ag
S
DannyDuberstein said:

Back is trashed. And his head may only be slightly better than his back.
IMO it's the opposite
Quinn
AG
Ag_07
AG
Is there even any back left to operate on?
Icecream_Ag
S
Quinn said:

wonder if the channels in his vertebra were closing?

my grandpa dealt with pain from that for years before he finally had surgery to hollow out the pathways. he's moving better at 80 than he did at 65.
Baby Billy
AG
He's persistent and thinks he can still compete when he can't. That's the only reason I think we'll still see him play again eventually. He probably needs to hang it up before he gets to a point where he can't play around with his kids or perform daily living activities anymore. 4 back surgeries in 4 years. Time to retire and preserve the rest of his life
Icecream_Ag
S
Huell Babineaux said:

He's persistent and thinks he can still compete when he can't. That's the only reason I think we'll still see him play again eventually. He probably needs to hang it up before he gets to a point where he can't play around with his kids or perform daily living activities anymore. 4 back surgeries in 4 years. Time to retire and preserve the rest of his life
he needs to have a sit down with Freddy and Ernie about generating club head speed without swinging out your ass. Survive the next 10ish years, hit up the Champions Tour for a bit, then lead of the Masters every year until his back finally just says F YOU and gives out completely.
agsalaska
AG
He has hinted b in the past that he understands how important that is. But it seems like his competitive juices make it where he just cannot help himself.

I loved watching him play but if it's over its over. Probably not see another like him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
while these guys can make adjustments - and Tiger has made some sizeable ones at times, there is a difference between being able to adjust vs. changing what is really the fabric of your golf swing and has been for 40 years.

I don't think it's narrowing as much as his disks have gone to ***** He's had multiple microdiscectomies, and it sounds like this was another one. They are in a constant state of deterioration, and these little surgeries just keep removing bulges pressing on the nerve. Problem is that is going to be a never-ending and unwinnable battle while trying to play competitive golf.
98Ag99Grad
AG
never a huge fan, but I hate seeing top guys brought down by injuries, regardless of sport.
TexasAggies06
AG
Quote:

until his back finally just says F YOU and gives out completely.

This has already happened, he just can't admit it.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.