Border War has been rekindled

8,600 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From Mizzou Twitter

Get ready for more bleating for us to play the sips.

I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
Maroon Dawn
AG
We asked to continue they said no

Now they realize they can't sell season tickets to schedules of Tard, KSU, OkieLite, Iowa State and various shades of Baylol and want us to come save their season ticket sales

Eff em

Let them drown. It's exactly what they'd do to us if their predictions about our move to the SEC had come true and we were going 5-7 and losing fans due to lack of interest
Madman
AG
Are there still tickets for the game in 32? I don't have anything on my schedule that week and I might as well do something relaxing.
West Point Aggie
AG
I expect a FLOOD of articles oh how the fabric of the state continues to unravel the longer get we wait and blah blah blah...with so few sports, chronicle, mysa, dmn and such reporters just came all over themselves!

The same basic article will be written and recycled continually...screw Covid measures...Abbott just found his real mission...again!
BohunkAg
AG
Why would we play the school that helped start the coronavirus?
West Point Aggie
AG
Which news rag will be the first to dust off a template article and post it?

I say DMN and either by late this evening or tomorrow!
AGinHI
AG
I've really missed the Kansas-Mizzou game.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
West Point Aggie
AG
AGinHI said:

I've really missed the Kansas-Mizzou game.

Sarcasm? I can't say I've ever seen it...like not once! No joke...
West Point Aggie
AG
Dp
nortex97
AG
I personally enjoy never having a reason to peruse LHN or visit Travis county ever again.
Velvet Jones
AG
4 major universities were willing to pay 8 figures to get the hell away from a certain BDF entity.

It wasn't Kansas.

Never again.
Ragoo
AG
4 games over 12 years. Wow. Rivalry renewed.
West Point Aggie
AG
Be honest...do any of you Ags (or your Ag folk) get misty-eyed come late November? I'm told by almost every article that ever comes out that ending that series was akin with fratricide. Apparently we all need to be like "woe we should be playing you know who!"

Frankly I don't even think of it...and it has been far less of an issue as it seemed back in 2011-2012...

Just curious
Bucketrunner
Never again
#Mke
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Be honest...do any of you Ags (or your Ag folk) get misty-eyed come late November? I'm told by almost every article that ever comes out that ending that series was akin with fratricide. Apparently we all need to be like "woe we should be playing you know who!"

Frankly I don't even think of it...and it has been far less of an issue as it seemed back in 2011-2012...

Just curious
Most people outside of the TexAgs groupthink bubble who associated with either school would prefer the rivalry game to come back & be played annually. And honestly, a good amount of people on TexAgs want the game back but are too afraid to say anything because of how viciously many on here will attack them.

I get why y'all have sour feelings toward the horns, but every poll I've ever seen on social media about the return of the rivalry normally ends up with over 80% in favor of wanting to see the Turkey Day Game. A&M polled their students last spring to get their opinion on the issue. 15,060 votes were cast, 13,359 voted in favor of resuming the rivalry with t.u. That's 89% in favor of the rivalry. T.U. did a similar poll 2 years ago that resulted in well over 90% of their students voting to bring back the game.

You can dismiss the opinion of A&M students all you want, but in the end this is COLLEGE football we're talking about!! It's played by college kids who want to compete in big rivalry games. Once the generation of petty 50-60 year old Ags & Horns who are blocking this game lose their power, the game probably will return.
Ragoo
AG
No one outside of SE and Central Texas gave one shot about our rivalry game.
West Point Aggie
AG
#Mke said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just curious
Most people outside of the TexAgs groupthink bubble who associated with either school would prefer the rivalry game to come back & be played annually. And honestly, a good amount of people on TexAgs want the game back but are too afraid to say anything because of how viciously many on here will attack them.

I get why y'all have sour feelings toward the horns, but every poll I've ever seen on social media about the return of the rivalry normally ends up with over 80% in favor of wanting to see the Turkey Day Game. A&M polled their students last spring to get their opinion on the issue. 15,060 votes were cast, 13,359 voted in favor of resuming the rivalry with t.u. That's 89% in favor of the rivalry. T.U. did a similar poll 2 years ago that resulted in well over 90% of their students voting to bring back the game.

You can dismiss the opinion of A&M students all you want, but in the end this is COLLEGE football we're talking about!! It's played by college kids who want to compete in big rivalry games. Once the generation of petty 50-60 year old Ags & Horns who are blocking this game lose their power, the game probably will return.

I personally don't care if it comes back...we do just fine in the SEC...outside the group think that is texags, I happen not to know a single Ag that wants it...small sample I'll concede. I don't associate with sips, so I have no idea how badly or not they want it.

If it does it better not be during rivalry week...that should now always be for LSU.
West Point Aggie
AG
Ragoo said:

No one outside of SE and Central Texas gave one shot about our rivalry game.

I totally buy this...get away from the state and the number that even give it a passing thought is puny. We think it ranks up there with Bama Au or OSU mich or army navy and it does not even come close to those. It matters locally...that's about it.
outsiderlookingin
The game most definitely should be played. The only problem with the rivalry was when UT was highly ranked Ags sucked and vice versa. Now that both teams are more or less even it would be a great service to resume the game on Thanksgiving Day.
West Point Aggie
AG
outsiderlookingin said:

The game most definitely should be played. The only problem with the rivalry was when UT was highly ranked Ags sucked and vice versa. Now that both teams are more or less even it would be a great service to resume the game on Thanksgiving Day.

1- you're clearly a sip
2- a service to whom? It's just a game
3- not on thanksgiving...that's now an nfl gameday with three matchups and the sec is happy having the egg bowl then
4- if the sips had any brains they would simply schedule tech that week and call that it's rivalry week permanent game.
5- rivalry weekend now is about friday and Saturday games
AgDotCom
#Mke said:

You can dismiss the opinion of A&M students all you want, but in the end this is COLLEGE football we're talking about!!
This whole conference realignment thing started 10 years ago, meaning today's college students were ages 8 to 12, and thus could not and still do not have a full grasp of why things went down the way they did, and why these things remain the same.

And as for social media surveys on this subject, 70% of Twitter users are 29 years and younger, meaning they were 19 years and younger in 2010. Again, they have no meaningful grasp of the BDF plantation run out of Austin.
TPS_Report
AG
#Mke said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just curious

Why does anyone want this game back? Seriously. Because we played them for scores of years in the past? Is that it? What do we get from playing that game that we don't get from any other game?

West Point Aggie
AG
TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just curious

Why does anyone want this game back? Seriously. Because we played them for scores of years in the past? Is that it? What do we get from playing that game that we don't get from any other game?

Great question...I suppose some miss the pointless familiar bragging when some rarely seen relative attended sippieville
#Mke
AG
TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just curious

Goodness gracious, if you don't understand the significance of in-state rivalry games as it relates to College Football, I question how long you've watched the sport.
turboboost
AG
Thread Title Fix:

Guaranteed win has been rekindled!
West Point Aggie
AG
First of many many many rehashed articles that been posted since 2011 and for which only the date is changed!

https://www.12up.com/posts/college-football-rivalries-that-need-to-come-back-after-border-war-renewal-florida-miami-oklahoma-nebraska-01e7drx0v1cy

Not exactly DMN, but those will soon follow suit
TPS_Report
AG
#Mke said:

Goodness gracious, if you don't understand the significance of in-state rivalry games as it relates to College Football, I question how long you've watched the sport.
Please explain to me the significance of the A&M vs. t.u. game compared to A&M vs. Arkansas.

TPS_Report
AG
West Point Aggie said:

First of many many many rehashed articles that been posted since 2011 and for which only the date is changed!

https://www.12up.com/posts/college-football-rivalries-that-need-to-come-back-after-border-war-renewal-florida-miami-oklahoma-nebraska-01e7drx0v1cy

It exactly DMN, but those will soon follow suit
Good gawd that was a trash column! Florida vs. Miami needs to return? Miami vs. Florida State was huge in the 80's and 90's. Florida vs. Miami was ok, but not nearly the same. Hell, Miami had a much hotter rivalry with Notre Dame, ffs!

Oklahoma and Nebraska already agreed to play each other again. And stating Nebraska "bizarrely" moved to the B1G is straight bullcrap. Corn's decision to go to the B1G was not at all bizarre. They believed the Big 12 was about to break up and moved to the conference they felt was the best fit.

West Point Aggie
AG
#Mke said:

TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just curious

Sorry but dumb comment...I can enjoy Aggie football as much as possible even if it never means playing those people again...if you don't understand that I question your ability to enjoy sports...collegiate or otherwise.
TPS_Report
AG
West Point Aggie said:

TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

West Point Agg said:

Great question...I suppose some miss the pointless familiar bragging when some rarely seen relative attended sippieville
I never did much bragging anyway. I live in ATX and have lots of sip friends and coworkers so it was always better to set the example. Not that it worked, but still.

KerrvilleAg
They cheat on and off field to gain every advantage then pull the old democrat mantra......blame your enemy for what you are doing.

Too many examples. F-em!
aggiejim70
AG
I dunno. We're only in year 9 of a 100 year decision. Let's see how the next 91 play out and then maybe we''l think about it.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
aggiedad55
AG
No to playing the sips except in a bowl game!
BoomGoesThe
#Mke said:

TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just curious

And yet, somehow, college football has marched on.
I couldn't disagree more with your first take. Longhorns were quite adamant that OU was their real rival and the A&M game wasn't that big of a deal.

I never want to play them again, and I don't know anyone that graduated in the late 90's/early aughts that does. I'm sure there are some that do, I just don't know them.
West Point Aggie
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

#Mke said:

TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just curious

And yet, somehow, college football has marched on.
I couldn't disagree more with your first take. Longhorns were quite adamant that OU was their real rival and the A&M game wasn't that big of a deal.

I never want to play them again, and I don't know anyone that graduated in the late 90's/early aughts that does. I'm sure there are some that do, I just don't know them.

Same here...unless they hide it, late November is not sentimental like so many in the local Texas papers predicted...I keep getting told...woe is us for not having this...every rehashed article does the same, yet I don't think it's there. Starting in 2012, every student has no clue about this rivalry...in both schools. It could very well be, it's just not as big as we'd like to think it is! LSU was a more than significant replacement! tu should just schedule tech permanently in that slot and be done with it
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.