Border War has been rekindled

8,592 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

TPS_Report said:

#Mke said:

Goodness gracious, if you don't understand the significance of in-state rivalry games as it relates to College Football, I question how long you've watched the sport.
Please explain to me the significance of the A&M vs. t.u. game compared to A&M vs. Arkansas.

Please explain to me the significance of the Alabama vs Auburn game compared to Alabama vs. Arkansas. There you will find the answer.

Barn vs Bama often determines who wins the SEC West.

More like lsu vs bama
ABATTBQ11
AG
#Mke said:

That's part of what I don't understand. Even John Sharpe has said the money-making potential of a revived Lone Star Showdown is hard to ignore.

The world revolves around money, which makes the absence of this game even more baffling.

How much money and for whom? What is the difference between that game and any other non-con? 1/8 of the stadium and some overpriced concessions? What kind of TV deal could we negotiate for that game that is just for us and not spread across the conference?

Truth be told, we're not missing anything.
West Point Aggie
AG
TPS_Report said:

West Point Aggie said:

Students won't drive the decision and students don't donate big $$$...their role is to show up and root and get drunk. No student who was a freshman in 2012 has been a part of it (other than through family ties perhaps) and, by the time their influence matters this will have been dead going on 15-20 years.

Some breakups are best in the rear view mirror.

Why doesn't tu just schedule the tt on rivalry week...?

Ou v OSU
tcu v bu
The Kansas schools
Iowa st v Iowa
tu v tt
WVU v who cares (they're the odd man out)

Other than WV...it's not a bad rivalry week...

tu gets its rivalry game against the same team all the time...

PS: remember when the sips got the thanksgiving game at home alternating between Tech and tcu!? That's sure screamed "equal treatment"
Iowa vs Iowa St isn't during rivalry week.

Otherwise, your premise makes perfect sense. I get the feeling t.u. doesn't want to give Tech that kind of exposure. It would smack too much of Tech being an equal instead of a stepchild.

Great...Iowa st vs mountain tard! Boom tu 10 rivalry week set up! tu does not want to give tech equal footing...? they never did us...!!
Cannonball Craig III
AG
I clearly remember Dodds being quoted to the effect that "we(the Ags) lost the privilege of playing them(tu)".

Please tell me what we have done to regain that wonderful privilege?
West Point Aggie
AG
Cannonball Craig III said:

I clearly remember Dodds being quoted to the effect that "we(the Ags) lost the privilege of playing them(tu)".

That's hilarious.
TPS_Report
AG

"They left," Dodds said. "They're the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again. I think that's fair. If you did a survey of our fans about playing A&M, they don't want to. It's overwhelming. I know. I hear it. Our fans are important to us. I think there's got to be a period where things get different. I think there's too many hard feelings."

I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
West Point Aggie
AG
TPS_Report said:

"They left," Dodds said. "They're the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again. I think that's fair. If you did a survey of our fans about playing A&M, they don't want to. It's overwhelming. I know. I hear it. Our fans are important to us. I think there's got to be a period where things get different. I think there's too many hard feelings."

It seems DelConte is trying to be as ******y as Dodds used to be sans the winning...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.