What comes out of a Chinaman's

13,593 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Moderator
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ass? RICE, RICE, RICE! Great video. The Cadets wore all white a long time ago.

Fonzie Scheme
AG
Here's an even better one...

levypantsEOY
Asian American, please...
Shadow of CuervoAg
Really?? A perceptibly offensive ethnic joke to show old A&M vs Rice clips??
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
Jock 07
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Asian American, please...

Shut the **** up donny
BQAG02
AG
Dude, we're not talking about some guy who built the railroad...
Ol Jock 99
AG
You take OLD rivalries seriously don't you?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

Lighten up Francis
DayAg!
S
I figured there would be quite a few more snowflake millennial's in on this but guess not.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
Roadhouse
AG
There's no place for racism in sports. That includes this forum. Ashamed to see this.
LonghornDub
Those clips are from my high school days, long after I learned that sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you. And they can't unless you let them. All this PC crap is part of the wussification of America. It makes me sad to see the weakening of our national fabric, and I suspect that such a process resulted in Rome penultimately hiring foreigners to man their legions and then falling into the dust of history with no obvious cause for their demise. No one wants to listen to old farts like me so I'll shut up now.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Roadhouse
AG
LonghornDub said:

Those clips are from my high school days, long after I learned that sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you. And they can't unless you let them. All this PC crap is part of the wussification of America. It makes me sad to see the weakening of our national fabric, and I suspect that such a process resulted in Rome penultimately hiring foreigners to man their legions and then falling into the dust of history with no obvious cause for their demise. No one wants to listen to old farts like me so I'll shut up now.
There is absolutely nothing weak about calling out blatant racism.
BQ78
AG
Well they do eat a lot of rice in China.
American Hardwood
AG
Humorless snowflakes.

Seems that assuming what another race is or isn't offended by is in itself a bit racist.

This assumes, of course, that you are not in fact Chinese. (the fact that "Chinese" is not a race notwithstanding).
Post removed:
by user
80s Guy
Lawd have mercy. If some of you heard the actual **** talking on the offensive and defensive lines, you'd be curled up in your safe space sucking a apple-tini pacifier....
LonghornDub
80s Guy said:

Lawd have mercy. If some of you heard the actual **** talking on the offensive and defensive lines, you'd be curled up in your safe space sucking a apple-tini pacifier....
Amen.

Tom Hagen
AG
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

You do realize that was once a yell done during Rice games? I'm sure that the yell was done during the '56 and '58 games.
aTmAg
AG
I have a hard time reading what the band did there. But if the OP joke is what is supposedly racist, then it is no wonder that the claim of "racism" has lost all it's stigma nowadays.
aggiejim70
AG
That particular yell was kinda lost at a football game but it would bring down the house at GRW. It was really great when we played Rice at that barn of theirs when the place was full of Aggies.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
GAC06
AG
Roadhouse said:

There's no place for racism in sports. That includes this forum. Ashamed to see this.

Racism:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Please explain in detail how that yell meets the definition of racism.
Bones08
AG
This was a yell? I'm embarrassed.

No, not because it is offensive, but because it's just really lame.
The Kraken
AG
Hmm...interesting the BQ's spelled out "RICE OWLS", then "TEXAS AMC"
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Homesick Aggie
AG
Mid 60's A&M/Rice game at Rice Stadium I was probably 12-13 when My dad ('51) took me and a buddy to the game.

During the game that the Ags was winning I yelled that chant! The two Rice students that we sat down behind looked at each other then turned around. They were both Asian!

My bad!
ABATTBQ11
AG
DayAg! said:

I figured there would be quite a few more snowflake millennial's in on this but guess not.

This is OR. Little *****es don't do well here.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bones08 said:

You would hate the Jody we had for tu.
aggiejim70
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Bones08 said:

Are you referring to the one that mentions Peter Pan's little blonde buddy?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
AgDotCom
Homesick Aggie said:

Mid 60's A&M/Rice game at Rice Stadium I was probably 12-13 when My dad ('51) took me and a buddy to the game.

During the game that the Ags was winning I yelled that chant! The two Rice students that we sat down behind looked at each other then turned around. They were both Asian!

My bad!
I'm sorry but I'm laughing my ass off at this.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aggiejim70 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Bones08 said:

Are you referring to the one that mentions Peter Pan's little blonde buddy?

Oh yeah. The one that was years ahead of its time attacking the trans issue.
AgCat93
AG
AgDotCom said:

Homesick Aggie said:

My bad!
I'm sorry but I'm laughing my ass off at this.

Ditto!
AggieBand2004
AG
GAC06 said:

Roadhouse said:

Racism:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Please explain in detail how that yell meets the definition of racism.

The PC crowd will never get this. Lord knows I've tried explaining it before. They're too interested in finding ways to be offended.
flintdragon
AG
I'm Chinese. I have to say, I'm a little bit offended and I don't get offended easily. I'm also not PC and not a snowflake.

I can understand and forgive this kind of joking that is kind of the norm back during my parent's generation, but if the OP or you are less than 50 yrs old and think that is ok, you should be made aware that it is racist.
Post removed:
by user
Owlagdad
Having lived on South Main for 4 years, I will say we did have lots of rice to eat.
LonghornDub
I take it you oppose the concept of significant freedom of speech. How would you limit it if you had the power?

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.