Wonder if Bama and other scheduled sip OOC

7,656 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Loyalty
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texan1976 said:

APHIS AG said:

What I find amazing is that the media has t.u., after losing to LSU, as "on the right track" and yet, our loss to Clemson at Clemson as a "step back".

Oh no, there is no media bias.

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, it's the whole lack of a conference title in 20 years and lack of a national title in 80 years. Or three top 5 finishes ever. 1939. 1956. And 2012.

Nah. Just a sip conspiracy.

None of those things have anything to do with where the program is now or where it will be.

How many extra wins does a national championship 15 years ago count for now?
Your Friend
dermdoc said:

huisachel said:

dermdoc said:

huisachel said:

You guys won't play us in November much less September
Can you blame us? Our band folks do not like to have to sit in the nosebleeds. Or have drinks thrown on them. I guess it is all our fault.

And just think, if y'all were not poosays y'all would have games like that almost every weekend. Instead of two.

You were Texas, we are now. Texans do not act like y'all.
we don't like corps terds throwing shovels of zhit our way but hey, it's just another tradition I guess.
I believe that happened one time my friend. I have not missed a game in Austin since the early seventies. Every time our band marched in, old sips in front of the Alumni Center would do the whole Heil Hitler thing and call us mother****ing Nazis, And of course everytime drinks, etc. were thrown on them. These were not students but 40+ y/o sips. And of course there is also when y'all rushed Kyle field after repeatedly being told to stay off after you beat us for the first time in ten years. When did we ever do stuff like that?And the whole walking on the Memorial Student grass when y'all were told not to.

The good thing is that the LSU game exposed y'all to the country. Bands in the upper deck, only 3k tickets, throwing drinks on LSU players. Y'all do not seem to grasp the fact that LSU, Bama, and the entire SEC does not give a flip who y'all think you are. Or were. Or whether you are baaaack.

I know our band will be sitting in the lower bowl at Tiger Stadium. I would bet yours is not. Pettiness demands a response. As does undeserved hubris and arrogance.

You were Texas, we are now.

I'm sorry the sips were mean to you guys in Austin. Also, sorry again about putting the tiger band in the upper deck.
dermdoc
AG
Cool. Give me fifty pushups and we will call it a night.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texan1976
GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

APHIS AG said:

What I find amazing is that the media has t.u., after losing to LSU, as "on the right track" and yet, our loss to Clemson at Clemson as a "step back".

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, it's the whole lack of a conference title in 20 years and lack of a national title in 80 years. Or three top 5 finishes ever. 1939. 1956. And 2012.

None of those things have anything to do with where the program is now or where it will be.

Programs that have three top five finishes ever love this kind of logic. Your program would jerk off to a 2005 title. Look how you added fake titles from 100 years ago when you joined the SEC.
dermdoc
AG
Texan1976 said:

GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

APHIS AG said:

Programs that have three top five finishes ever love this kind of logic. Your program would jerk off to a 2005 title. Look how you added fake titles from 100 years ago when you joined the SEC.

So why don't Clemson and Bama fans act like entitled jerks like you and your ilk do? They have a lot more recent success and according to you that is what is most important, correct?

Weird. It is almost like somebody thinks they are a lot more important than they are,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Your Friend
Bama fans don't act entitled?
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

Bama fans don't act entitled?

I have been to every Bama/A&M game and they act nothing like sips. And they have actually won something in the last ten years. Visiting bands sit in the lower deck. Opposing fans sit in the lower deck. They do not throw drinks on opposing players or fans. They do not say "We're Alabama" or "The University". Lots of differences. But y'all will find out soon enough.

How many Bama games you been too?

You were Texas, we are now.
Your Friend
I went to the 2009 NC game
Potcake
AG
Self-perceived horn program

Actual horn program
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

So did the Bama fans throw drinks on you?
Your Friend
https://krod.com/cop-delivers-epic-body-slam-to-alabama-fan-caught-throwing-drinks-at-opposing-team/
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

https://krod.com/cop-delivers-epic-body-slam-to-alabama-fan-caught-throwing-drinks-at-opposing-team/

If only the Austin cops would do that.
GAC06
AG
Texan1976 said:

GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

APHIS AG said:

So I guess Clemson should have just known their place. How are they so much better than your t-shirt team even though they don't have as much success 50 years ago?
dermdoc
AG
What is fascinating is that sips somehow think they are more important than Clemson. And Clemson has won two NCs in the last three years.

Weird.
Texan1976
GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

APHIS AG said:

So I guess Clemson should have just known their place. How are they so much better than your t-shirt team even though they don't have as much success 50 years ago?

Are you comparing yourselves to Clemson? Your coward coach pussed out and didn't even try to win that game. Ran clock and didn't use timeouts with 7 minutes left.
GAC06
AG
You're really bad at trying to make a point. What point are you even trying to make?

dermdoc
AG
Texan1976 said:

GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

APHIS AG said:

Are you comparing yourselves to Clemson? Your coward coach pussed out and didn't even try to win that game. Ran clock and didn't use timeouts with 7 minutes left.

Cool. Why do your fans act like entitled jerks? When other teams with much more success recently do not?
dermdoc
AG
GAC06 said:

You're really bad at trying to make a point. What point are you even trying to make?

It is interesting to watch the deflection. Texans do not act like that.
GAC06
AG
It's like arguing with a child. Poor guy just isn't equipped to make a logical argument. Bless his stupid heart.
blutow
dermdoc said:

So why do y'all act like entitled jerks? Bama fans do not act like y'all. Clemson fans do not act like y'all.
It's a 2 way street and the reason is pretty simple. Combine a 100+ year in-state rivalry with a nasty divorce and what else would you expect?

When I was in school when the teams played yearly, it was a rivalry and it would get nasty at times, but there was a decent level of respect and much less hate compared to the rivalry with OU. I even spent a few nights at the Dixie Chicken wearing my Texas gear and it was all good times.

I can understand why A&M left for the SEC with the Longhorn network and with Texas (and to a lessor degree OU) running the conference. Like it our not, Texas is/was a huge football brand and they definitely leveraged that to their benefit. Texas did try to keep the conference together when they were considering leaving for the Pac12, but they shouldn't have been surprised that A&M and others left the conference.

A&M is better off in the SEC even if they continue to be a mid-pack team. If they can start competing for championships, they could be the next Clemson, but it will take generations of good results for a school like Clemson or A&M to have the strong brand recognition as Bama, USC, OSU, MICH, etc. That brand recognition certainly helps with polls and media coverage, but it doesn't give any of those schools the right to be entitiled jerks (Texas included). That said, all those schools have their share of jackass fans and I don't see that ever changing.
dermdoc
AG
blutow said:

dermdoc said:

So why do y'all act like entitled jerks? Bama fans do not act like y'all. Clemson fans do not act like y'all.
It's a 2 way street and the reason is pretty simple. Combine a 100+ year in-state rivalry with a nasty divorce and what else would you expect?

When I was in school when the teams played yearly, it was a rivalry and it would get nasty at times, but there was a decent level of respect and much less hate compared to the rivalry with OU. I even spent a few nights at the Dixie Chicken wearing my Texas gear and it was all good times.

I can understand why A&M left for the SEC with the Longhorn network and with Texas (and to a lessor degree OU) running the conference. Like it our not, Texas is/was a huge football brand and they definitely leveraged that to their benefit. Texas did try to keep the conference together when they were considering leaving for the Pac12, but they shouldn't have been surprised that A&M and others left the conference.

A&M is better off in the SEC even if they continue to be a mid-pack team. If they can start competing for championships, they could be the next Clemson, but it will take generations of good results for a school like Clemson or A&M to have the strong brand recognition as Bama, USC, OSU, MICH, etc. That brand recognition certainly helps with polls and media coverage, but it doesn't give any of those schools the right to be entitiled jerks (Texas included). That said, all those schools have their share of jackass fans and I don't see that ever changing.

Lots of words trying to rationalize why your fans(Texans by the way) act like entitled brats. And why would anybody wear their sip gear into the Chicken? I have been with high up sips in Austin and at the game and never wore anything that would identify me as an Aggie out of respect.

And I can still remember the sips wearing their all burnt orange in our club levels. Why?
technoviking
AG
blutow said:

dermdoc said:

Strong brand recognition. Everyone in this state knows who Texas and Texas A&M are. Folks that watch college football on ESPN over the last several decades have seen Texas A&M on tv.

"Strong brand recognition" is nothing more than a metaphorical game of patty cake that fans of teams that aren't doing so well in the present play with one another to make themselves feel better.

Edit: Texas "tried" to keep the conference together by leaving it? Your hindsight is about 5/20. 5 for the recognition that A&M is better off without ****ty conference partners like Texas.
dermdoc
AG
It is also code for sips are better than us.
blutow
dermdoc said:

blutow said:

dermdoc said:

Lots of words trying to rationalize why your fans(Texans by the way) act like entitled brats. And why would anybody wear their sip gear into the Chicken? I have been with high up sips in Austin and at the game and never wore anything that would identify me as an Aggie out of respect.

And I can still remember the sips wearing their all burnt orange in our club levels. Why?
Seriously? A student from the University of Texas isn't supposed to wear Texas gear to a game or at a local bar? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's called team spirit. I don't wear my UT gear to A&M games when they aren't playing Texas, but if Texas is playing, I'm wearing a Texas shirt. If you don't wear an A&M shirt at a game where A&M is playing, that just seems odd, has nothing to do with respect.

If you get your feelings hurt when other fans show their colors, that's the kind of petty crap that undermines any mutual respect that existed at one point. I see people wearing A&M gear all the time in Austin, why would that be a problem for anyone?

I'm not making excuses for bad UT fans any more than I'd make excuses for all the bad Aggies, there is more than enough dumb behavior to go around. Again, it's not hard to understand -- rivalry + divorce = irrational hate and lack of respect from both sides from the people who can't get past the emotions. When I look at Texas and A&M, I see 2 programs that are much better off than they have been in a long time. Just because some aggies (or longhorns) don't want to admit that their old rival/Ex is doing well, doesn't make it untrue.
technoviking
AG
The Dixie chicken =/= the streets of Austin.

It would be more like walking into Cain and Abel's with maroon gear on, I'd expect to get side glances at the least.

About three years ago a bar on west 6th st said they wouldn't turn one of the 20+ TVs on the wall to the A&M game because the sip game was on.

I'm glad you had a good time at the chicken while wearing orange gear back in the day though. That's a feel good story for the ages.
coolerguy12
AG
Quote:

I can understand why A&M left for the SEC with the Longhorn network and with Texas (and to a lessor degree OU) running the conference.

I would hate to see what it looks like when OU starts running the conference. 12 championships to 3 certainly seems like OU is running the show.
dermdoc
AG
Wearing sip gear on the streets or in the Chicken is not the same as coming in looking like a burnt orange blimp in our private Kyle Field club areas.

Maybe it is just me, but when I have been a guest at club seats in Austin or anywhere I do not wear Aggie stuff. Out of respect.
texag84
AG
Sips run it - sooners own it
blutow
texag84 said:

Sips run it - sooners own it
That's painfully on point. Running the conference has its benefits, but owning it is far better from a fan's perspective.

OU has been really good for the last 20 years, only 3 seasons with less than 10 wins. 15 seasons with 11 or more wins. 13 finishes in the top 10. Other than Ohio State, not other team in the country has been as consistently good since 2000. Even their 3 "bad" years were 8 win seasons. I don't like it, but there is no denying the numbers. Bob Stoops is a hell of a football coach and OU has been a great program for a long time. No denying they were better than Texas almost every year since 2000. The only consolation as a Texas fan is that we both had the same number of national titles during that time frame.
Jock 07
AG
Texan1976 said:

GAC06 said:

Texan1976 said:

APHIS AG said:

hypothetically speaking, let's say that team A goes an entire season undefeated and unscored upon & team B gets their **** pushed in at their bowl game. Which team's title is more real?
hypothetically speaking
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Gah I can't wait for another sip loss to have them running and hiding again from this board.
Paradise Ag
AG
Your Friend said:

Bummer about Colt, amigo.

Nothing's ever been the same for them 'horns once he got that shoulder boo-boo. They don't make 'em Texas-tough like Colt anymore. Did you know he was roommates with the receiver dude on that same team? Pretty fascinating stuff that was never mentioned enough.
Loyalty
AG
huisachel said:

You guys won't play us in November much less September

That's true. For good reason. Y'all don't bring anything to the table.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.