Cognitive Dissonance

7,218 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agswin1988
Ed Harley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halfone85 said:

Pretty easy actually.. It's not cognitive dissonance. They have a new offensive system and their QB is a very good passer. Ya'll didnt play that last year. It was more of a run game. Joe Brady has changed that this year.

You see, the thing is, every year is different. Let's talk about your cognitive dissonance last year. We beat UGA, You say they didnt want to be there. That is cognitive dissonance.

Your post will be more relevant after ya'll play LSU.

You clearly don't know what cognitive dissonance means. Saying Georgia did not want to be there is not cognitive dissonance. Having inconsistent thoughts (like GoodAg pointed out in his original post) is cognitive dissonance. Dumb ****.
dermdoc
AG
You gonna answer the question about whether your fans have been unbecoming acting like they are something when they have not won in a decade? You sure were quick to accuse us of that behavior.

Or do you suffer cognitive dissonance? You can not make this stuff up. The irony, hypocrisy, arrogance, and lack of self awareness is breath taking. Unless you are a sip.

You were Texas, we are now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AGinHI said:

Froppe said:

But, but, but, they beat the no-show Georgia team.
Plus, McConaughey has started showing up again, so they must be "Baaaaaaack"!!!

The funny thing is, you can hear him saying it in your head, too
LonghornDub
goodAg80 said:

• A&M beats LSU last season: LSU sucks
  • Horn beats UGA in the bowl game: Horn is a playoff contender
  • Conclusion: Horn will beat the snot out of LSU
  • Reality: Horn lost to LSU

So how does Horn reconcile this?

1. Our lone healthy RB couldn't catch a cold in an emergency room.
2. Our D couldn't get a stop against my mother and her bridge club.
3. We sucked.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Agsrback12
Longhorns lost their super bowl.

It was nothing but another road game for LSU with a huge disadvantage of only one game of experience in the new offense.

Sorry whorn
GAC06
AG
LonghornDub said:

goodAg80 said:

3. We sucked.

Your team held UTSA to 14 points, pee paw
Jock 07
AG
GAC06 said:

LonghornDub said:

goodAg80 said:

3. We sucked.

Your team held UTSA to 14 points, pee paw

And damn well might beat sip this year
LonghornDub
Your Aggies didn't look worth a **** either. On the football board they're giving Mond a hard time. I thought he looked better than your receivers - they looked like crap. Your D looked better than the Horns, but not a lot. You're likely to be in trouble against the swamp kitties too.

GAC06
AG
One game is a small sample size but how do you figure "not by a lot" on D?

It remains to be seen how good LSU's offense is. Clemson is a known quantity. Holding the defending champs to 24 on the road vs giving up half a hundred at home to LSU? Good thinking.
General Omar
Hate to admit it because I loathe the whorns, but they looked much better than I expected against LSU. Ehlinger is a pretty good qb and a gamer like Bucky was. After our offensive showing, hard to throw stones...Flame away.
General Omar '79
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nope, Google is your friend. We beat them six in a row and they walked from the final four years of a ten year contract. Sorry to pop your bubble.

Glad to see y'all are back... to the Charlie Strong days...
Stat Monitor Repairman
So is Texas back or not?
bangobango
AG
The cognitive dissonance is that because LSU threw all over sips' defense, sips think LSU's offense is something nobody in the world can stop. They think this even though their defense, especially their pass defense, is terrible and has been terrible for years.

These dumbasses think their is no way A&M can hold LSU to less than 45 points on the road, even though A&M only gave up 24 to Clemson on the road yesterday. In their mind, they really think their defense is better than ours and they just play better offenses, even though they give up 300 + passing yards to team like Latech.
TXAGBQ76
TXAGBQ76
AG
So basically your T-shirt team is back- to the Charlie Strong days?
LonghornDub
TXAGBQ76 said:

So basically your T-shirt team is back- to the Charlie Strong days?
No, but the defense played very poorly. I said your defense looked better than ours, but also said not a lot. Clemson pulled their horns in with a three touchdown lead and A&M showing little life on offense until late in the fourth quarter. It felt to me like Clemson could crank it up and go score if they needed to. UT looked nervous and uptight. They need to relax and play football. I hope we both get better as the year goes on.

halfone85
Yes it is. It's a rationale to make things relatable in your head. That is exactly what cognitive dissonance is.
halfone85
Ed, Texas beat UGA. Fact. You say that UGA didnt want to be there. Opinion/Thought. You're using cognitive dissonance to say "well, UGA just didnt want to play." Their head coack clearly said that wasn't the case.
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

Yes it is. It's a rationale to make things relatable in your head. That is exactly what cognitive dissonance is.
You still have not answered the question about whether your fans have become "unbecoming" when they have not won anything in over a decade. I mean, you accused Aggie fans of that, correct?

And is that not cognitive dissonance? Actually I know as a doc it is simply denial coupled with projection but fascinating and so, so predictable from your ilk.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halfone85
Joe Burrow throws receivers open. Looked legit in a new system.
halfone85
Well Doc, you have to win first, correct? That's my answer.
dermdoc
AG
So what have you won recently? As in a decade? I would hesitate to cast the stone you did my friend.

And that is the cognitive dissonance as it is with all my sip friends, you think you are something you no longer are.
bangobango
AG
halfone85 said:

Joe Burrow throws receivers open. Looked legit in a new system.
Yeah, Trevor Lawrence is no Joe Burrow.
halfone85
Beat UGA but they didn't care. So that's why they dont have any recruits and a lame duck coach (he is if he didnt have his team prepared.)
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

Beat UGA but they didn't care. So that's why they dont have any recruits and a lame duck coach (he is if he didnt have his team prepared.)

So you won a Sugar Bowl? What does that count for? You made a statement about Aggie fans that seems very similar to tu fans. Would you agree?

And using your logic about how every season is different(our beating LSU is old news according to you) then how is your beating Georgia last year relevant? Or are you saying that we beating LSU last year does not matter but you beating Georgia does? Now that is some convulted reasoning. And possibly a psychiatric disorder.
halfone85
Trevor Lawrence is really good. He just looks like an ugly girl.
turboboost
AG
"So how does whorn reconcile this?"

Whorns: "we made more money than God"

Reaches in pants pulls out pocket and a hand full of lint.
halfone85
I said you should win before talking *****. so what? Did you get paid before you became a skin doctor? Probably not

That's the statement you are calling me out for. So yall can talk **** but I cant respond? #cult
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

I said you should win before talking *****. so what? Did you get paid before you became a skin doctor? Probably not
What have you won? In recent memory? And as I already asked, why does your win over Georgia last year mean so much and our win over LSU does not. And that would be the same LSU team that beat you a day ago.

This is truly cognitive dissonance defined.
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

That's the statement you are calling me out for. So yall can talk **** but I cant respond? #cult
Is the surrender cobra next?
halfone85
Is Georgia running a new offense? I dont think so. Read of my previous posts. I clearly said that you shouldn't compare year to year. Go reread.
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

Is Georgia running a new offense? I dont think so. Read of my previous posts. I clearly said that you shouldn't compare year to year. Go reread.
So didn't you beat Georgia last season? That is the same season we beat LSU correct?

Just to make sure I understand this, if we beat Georgia this year but they do not run a new super duper offense then it doesn't count?

Kind of like our beating LSU doesn't count, but you beating Georgia does. Just want to be sure I understand the rules.
halfone85
Are you going to answer the question I asked? First line of my post
halfone85
You are missing the point. Everyone here discounts our win vs UGA because they didnt want to be there. That is cognitive dissonance.

Now you are comparing LSU last year vs this year. Again, cognitive dissonance. They actually have a passing game. Play both teams this year and let's follow up.

What do you say if you lose by 3 TDs in both games? Then it will be "we played the toughest schedule and had attrition" again, that's cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance is something every human does so that is why this post is stupid. I feel dumber for having to explaun it. Should I explaine darwinism/evolution next?
digging tunnels
AG
It amazes me that you sips actually truly believe UGA was 100% motivated to be at that game, especially after losing a chance to get to the CFP; the bigger prize was already lost. You think the pregame reports are false? Many national media have said the same that UGA didn't want to be there

Also add in the fact that one coordinator was already out the door and another was gonna leave.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.