Cognitive Dissonance

7,145 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agswin1988
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
  • A&M beats LSU last season: LSU sucks
  • Horn beats UGA in the bowl game: Horn is a playoff contender
  • Conclusion: Horn will beat the snot out of LSU
  • Reality: Horn lost to LSU

So how does Horn reconcile this?
Wildcat
AG
With all time records built before scholarship limitations, integration, and leather helmet days.
Froppe
AG
Misspelled "whorn".
GAC06
AG
They pray they win their one other game that matters, and that LSU wins the SEC West
halfone85
Pretty easy actually.. It's not cognitive dissonance. They have a new offensive system and their QB is a very good passer. Ya'll didnt play that last year. It was more of a run game. Joe Brady has changed that this year.

You see, the thing is, every year is different. Let's talk about your cognitive dissonance last year. We beat UGA, You say they didnt want to be there. That is cognitive dissonance.

Your post will be more relevant after ya'll play LSU.
Froppe
AG
But, but, but, they beat the no-show Georgia team.
Plus, McConaughey has started showing up again, so they must be "Baaaaaaack"!!!
goodAg80
AG
halfone85 said:

Pretty easy actually.. It's not cognitive dissonance. They have a new offensive system and their QB is a very good passer. Ya'll didnt play that last year. It was more of a run game. Joe Brady has changed that this year.

You see, the thing is, every year is different. Let's talk about your cognitive dissonance last year. We beat UGA, You say they didnt want to be there. That is cognitive dissonance.

I figured one of you humps would trot this out. The clincher is that none of you said anything like this before the game. As a matter of fact the Horn logic was that because LSU switched to a spread offense they would fail miserably because they did not have enough experience and Horn played these teams every week.

UGA didn't give a **** about the bowl game. That isn't cognitive dissonance, just a factual observation. But if it keeps your snowflake from melting, go ahead and believe they gave you their best game.
Grits
AG
halfone85 said:

We didn't say it, all of the sports reporters who actually follow the team did, when they mentioned starters being benched, and starters not showing up for team meetings.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
Flexbone
Grits said:

halfone85 said:

We didn't say it, all of the sports reporters who actually follow the team did, when they mentioned starters being benched, and starters not showing up for team meetings.

This was all mentioned on the broadcast before and early in the game. The team's best defensive player didn't even play. That says a lot.
halfone85
It was mentioned by the OP. So all of you saying I brought it up can shut up. How many of you here predicted a blow out? Quite a few. We were in the game in the 4th and dont give me "we beat them last year." They are a different team offensively.
halfone85
Benching players? Other players not getting up for the game? Kirby must be a lame duck coach then... Oh wait, It isnt his fault right? SEC! SEC! SEC!

Flex - D0 you really just go with what commentators say?? That's just silly.
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

And we play Auburn, Bama, and Georgia before we play LSU so I think we will know about us way before then. Who do y'all play? And who would have ever thunk that "the" university would consider their biggest game at home in years against a team that little ol a g g y plays every year?

Oh how the mighty have fallen. You were Texas, we are now. And thank God one team from our great state beat the Tigers.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Your Friend
Aren't y'all like 1-7 against them?
halfone85
Im not going to argue. This was a stupid post. The OP is proving his cognitive dissonance by trying to relate this year to last year. That is all. It was a tough game and we lost. Period.
Muy
AG
You left off "LSU best the snot out of UGA last season"
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

In the SEC yes. We beat them six times in a row in the nineties and they reneged on the contract. Still owe us 200k. And all I know is we have scoreboard on them and y'all do not.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Muy
AG
Your Friend said:

We won our last matchup. Scoreboard, all that matters. Like LSU, Maryland and OU have scoreboard on sip.
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

Im not going to argue. This was a stupid post. The OP is proving his cognitive dissonance by trying to relate this year to last year. That is all. It was a tough game and we lost. Period.
Fair enough as regards the op. But would you agree there is no comparison between our schedule and yours? Who else is on your home schedule?
halfone85
Yes I agree the B12 (-2) sucks other than OU. I've been on record here saying we should go independent.

Unless we are going to super conferences.. It's unbecoming to jump to another conference, not win anything and then start talking trash.
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

Yes I agree the B12 (-2) sucks other than OU. I've been on record here saying we should go independent.

Unless we are going to super conferences.. It's unbecoming to jump to another conference, not win anything and then start talking trash.
Would you agree it is also unbecoming to talk trash when you only play one tough conference game a year? Or for your qb and fans to say "We're baaack" when you win one game against a SEC team that obviously did not look like they want to be there? Self realization has never been the sips strong point. Y'all are delusional. And what have y'all won recently? And you would have to be deaf, dum, and blind to not think your fans have been talking crap.

And if you do not realize this then it really is cognitive dissonance.
Your Friend
dermdoc said:

halfone85 said:

Would you agree it is also unbecoming to talk trash when you only play one tough conference game a year. Or for your qb and fans to say "We're baaack" when you win one game against a SEC team that obviously did not look like they want to be there? Self realization has never been the sips strong point. Y'all are delusional.

Every fanbase in the world is delusional including aggies. Surely you agree.

And do you really want to **** all over Sam for his "we're back" comment when one your players guaranteed a win over Clemson? Relax.
goodAg80
AG
halfone85 said:

You have no idea what cognitive dissonance means do you. Besides everything I wrote are quotes from Horn fans and analysts across the spectrum. So if it is a stupid post, take it to the source.

Yes it's a new season, but I heard nothing from the prognosticators recognizing that before yesterday. Show us your posts that predicted the outcome.

Let's see how the season plays out. But the Texas is Back bubble has burst again.
Muy
AG
Yes, Sam's a clown just like his coach.
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

halfone85 said:

Would you agree it is also unbecoming to talk trash when you only play one tough conference game a year. Or for your qb and fans to say "We're baaack" when you win one game against a SEC team that obviously did not look like they want to be there? Self realization has never been the sips strong point. Y'all are delusional.

Every fanbase in the world is delusional including aggies. Surely you agree.

And do you really want to **** all over Sam for his "we're back" comment when one your players guaranteed a win over Clemson? Relax.
Never been more relaxed in my life. And I agree with what you said. But most of the sip fans I know(and I know a lot)would not post what you just did. They truly believe they have a birthright to win.
halfone85
DUDE this whole thread was started to talk trash.. or aggie group think.. I guess it just happens with be what side you're on. Again.. Stupid Post.

Edit, I responded to the wrong post. My bad
AGinHI
AG
Froppe said:

But, but, but, they beat the no-show Georgia team.
Plus, McConaughey has started showing up again, so they must be "Baaaaaaack"!!!
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
halfone85
You're in the next casting crew of the next Dumb and Dumber, aren't you?
Your Friend
Why do you think sams a clown?
halfone85
Cognitive dissonance is two thing in your mind that don't relate, but you make mental jumps to make them relate so it sets your mind at ease. You are just ignoring your cognitive dissonance by your dumb post.
goodAg80
AG
halfone85 said:

DUDE this whole thread was started to talk trash.. or aggie group think.. I guess it just happens with be what side you're on. Again.. Stupid Post.

Edit, I responded to the wrong post. My bad
Group think? Look in the mirror buddy.

You can't bring yourself to give any credit to A&M just like the rest of Horn crowd.

Last night I gave credit to you guys for playing a good game. Your offense was stout. But for the whole damn year we've listened to your crowd talking about beating LSU. And not just one player from your team. Read the analysts predictions. Where did that confidence come from? It came from the "logic" in my op. I didn't come up with it. You didn't win.

And yet here we are and I doubt you can bring yourself to speak well of the A&M program in any capacity. You'd be just like many other hypocrites from the horn nation.
halfone85
Your post is hypocritical by nature. Good job on doing whats best for A&M! I get it. I chime in when when yall make stupid statements. Im sorry if I missed your congratulatory statements last night. I was busy with something on TV. Im just defending the school I graduated from and my dad was a physics professor there for 40 years,
goodAg80
AG
halfone85 said:

Your post is hypocritical by nature. Good job on doing whats best for A&M! I get it. I chime in when when yall make stupid statements. Im sorry if I missed your congratulatory statements last night. I was busy with something on TV. Im just defending the school I graduated from and my dad was a physics professor there for 40 years,
Great job arguing by saying things like that's dumb, or that's stupid. I cannot compete with that. You are a genius and I give.
halfone85
Look at the title of your thread brother. I told you how you are incorrect.
Bottlehead90
AG
Arguing with a fool shows there are two.

Besides the sips must be ecstatic after yesterday. They are back. Right?

So why would any functioning adult be posting on a website of a team they don't play?
halfone85
I dunno Bottle, why would somebody start a thread about somebody they don't play?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.