Cognitive Dissonance

7,202 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agswin1988
AnScAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's sip CD/logic for you. Team A plays in the midget rec league. Team B plays in arguably the toughest varsity league in the country. Team A has most of the taller and older midgets and typically only has one other team on their schedule with equally as tall and similar age players. At the end of the season, in most cases,Team A has 9-10 wins and Team B has 7-10 wins. So according to sips Team A is the better team.
RGLAG85
AG
Cognitive dissonance is something every human does .......

Cognitive dissonance is something every human does ......

Except for the sips. They're legit.
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

Are you going to answer the question I asked? First line of my post
Okay, I will answer. LSU is running a new offense.

Now answer the question I have asked you about four times. Are sips acting unbecoming acting the way they are when they have won nothing of significance in over a decade? You were real quick to throw that moniker on us.

Or has "the" university fallen so far that a non conference championship season with a Sugar Bowl win means all that?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
RGLAG85 said:

Cognitive dissonance is something every human does ......

Except for the sips. They're legit.
It is almost surreal watching the mental hoops they jump through to prove their relevance. To themselves. I have learned if you are important you don't have to say you are important. If sips are baaack, everybody will know it without having to say a word.

And how can you prove you are baaack, to anyone but yourself when you only play two games every season against teams with a pulse?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wisconsin_Ag
dermdoc said:

halfone85 said:

Are you going to answer the question I asked? First line of my post
Okay, I will answer. LSU is running a new offense.

Now answer the question I have asked you about four times. Are sips acting unbecoming acting the way they are when they have won nothing of significance in over a decade? You were real quick to throw that moniker on us.

Or has "the" university fallen so far that a non conference championship season with a Sugar Bowl win means all that?

I doubt that he will answer that question

BronkNagurski
Your Friend said:

Aren't y'all like 1-7 against them?
Tessus lost to Kansas. And Maryland. Twice.
Aggie Dad Sip
goodAg80 said:

• A&M beats LSU last season: LSU sucks
  • Horn beats UGA in the bowl game: Horn is a playoff contender
  • Conclusion: Horn will beat the snot out of LSU
  • Reality: Horn lost to LSU

So how does Horn reconcile this?

Mainly with booze, unrealistic expectations and a healthy dose of feeling superior.
dermdoc
AG
OK_Sip said:

goodAg80 said:

Mainly with booze, unrealistic expectations and a healthy dose of feeling superior.
So is not that cognitive dissonance?
goodAg80
AG
dermdoc said:

OK_Sip said:

goodAg80 said:

I think the booze makes it Cognitive Devolution
Aggie Dad Sip
dermdoc said:

OK_Sip said:

goodAg80 said:

I don't know. I went to Angelo State. Never saw that word on my spelling tests. I'll have to ask my wife who is the actual Texas graduate.

But I will say this although I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. Are Texas fans delusional because after a decent but not great season last year, they are convinced that Texas is a title contender? I say any Texas fan that believes they are a title contender in 2019 is delusional.

That said, most of us are excited about the improvement Texas has shown under Herman and are optimistic we will play for the Big 12 championship this year. The biggest obstacles to that are OU, OK State and Iowa State who has quietly built a competitive program in Ames.

Although no moral victory, the LSU game is encouraging in that Texas had an A- performance on offense against an SEC defense. My only concern is that LSU may not be as good as everyone thought and we might have gone toe-to-toe with an 8-5 team.

Is Texas a title contender? Probably not yet.
goodAg80
AG
OK_Sip said:

dermdoc said:

OK_Sip said:

goodAg80 said:

I don't know. I went to Angelo State. Never saw that word on my spelling tests. I'll have to ask my wife who is the actual Texas graduate.

But I will say this although I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. Are Texas fans delusional because after a decent but not great season last year, they are convinced that Texas is a title contender? I say any Texas fan that believes they are a title contender in 2019 is delusional.

That said, most of us are excited about the improvement Texas has shown under Herman and are optimistic we will play for the Big 12 championship this year. The biggest obstacles to that are OU, OK State and Iowa State who has quietly built a competitive program in Ames.

Although no moral victory, the LSU game is encouraging in that Texas had an A- performance on offense against an SEC defense. My only concern is that LSU may not be as good as everyone thought and we might have gone toe-to-toe with an 8-5 team.

Is Texas a title contender? Probably not yet.
This is a reasonable take. Horns are improving on offense. Defense is a work in progress now.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

This is a reasonable take. Horns are improving on offense. Defense is a work in progress now.
And to be honest I think the same should be said for LSU......
dermdoc
AG
You sir are a rare breed. A T-shirt sip fan who actually is reasonable. That Angelo State education was good stuff.
BQ78
AG
Yeah that OT victory over N. Iowa really signaled a coming of age in Ames.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Boy that brisket sure did take a lonnnnggg time!
digging tunnels
AG
Whoa! Have we found a unicorn reasonable t-shirt sip???? Must be a mutated cockroach!
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It could take longer. Not sure LSU tested the whole brisket.
aggiehawg
AG
goodAg80 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It could take longer. Not sure LSU tested the whole brisket.
There are going to be some epic games in the BDF this season. Gundy will hang 60 or 70 on them. Same with Riley and Hurts. Gonna be some shoot outs. Ehlinger is good but he isn't Jalen good.

Basketball on turf.
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

Why do you think sams a clown?

Why do you care? Why do you spend every day on a Texas A&M board e-defending the players and coaches from a school you didn't go to? Do you not think it's ridiculously stupid and pointless?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
halfone85 said:

Ed, Texas beat UGA. Fact. You say that UGA didnt want to be there. Opinion/Thought. You're using cognitive dissonance to say "well, UGA just didnt want to play." Their head coack clearly said that wasn't the case.

Head coaches say those things. I don't know if their players wanted to be there or not, but there's evidence that says this has been an issue in the playoff era. Here are the bowl results for teams who were ranked #5 and narrowly missed the playoffs:

2018 Georgia L
2017 Ohio State W
2016 Penn State L
2015 Iowa L
2014 Baylor L

Losing 4 out of 5 games, with three of those losers being labeled "uninspired" at best, tells me that this is a thing.

There's also a trend among losers of the SEC title game, who have a losing bowl record over the past decade. Does that mean they're deflated after missing out on a chance to play for something bigger? I don't know. Maybe. There have been instances of it happening in other conferences too. When KSU lost the Big 12 title game and fell all the way from #2 to the Alamo Bowl, they got beat by a 4-loss Purdue team. The players admitted to not caring after missing a shot at the national title. It happens.

Georgia players thought their bowl game was so important, their best player decided to sit out and the team didn't fault him one bit. Would he have made a difference? Again, I don't know. But he was the only Georgia player drafted in the first round, and he was replaced in the bowl game by a freshman.

None of us will know for sure, as we weren't at UGA practices or in their locker room. But you guys can stop pretending that the "they were uninspired" claims are only coming from Ags or from the SEC. There's enough evidence to support it as a realistic possibility.
Aggie Dad Sip
dermdoc said:

You sir are a rare breed. A T-shirt sip fan who actually is reasonable. That Angelo State education was good stuff.

I appreciate that, Doc. We're not all arrogant jerks over in Austin. I've been a Texas fan all my life and would've loved to go to school there. But being the son of a school teacher,
it was just too expensive. I moved to Austin 23 years ago, married a girl that went to Texas, and that's as close as I'm gonna get. I'm a proud t-shirt fan though. And I also dearly loved the A&M rivalry and really miss it.
turboboost
AG
OK ok sip, you ok
Callate Donnie
halfone85 said:

I've been on record here saying we should go independent.
That would be really fun to watch.
dermdoc
AG
Callate Donnie said:

halfone85 said:

I've been on record here saying we should go independent.
That would be really fun to watch.

Never has a fan base have such a delusional opinion of themselves. Exception being oksip. It is so much fun to watch the lack of self awareness.
Shoefly!
AG
BronkNagurski said:

Your Friend said:

Aren't y'all like 1-7 against them?
Tessus lost to Kansas. And Maryland. Twice.

Don't forget BYU & Cal.
BronkNagurski
Thanks, let's review: "Over, and Under and Through"
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=over+and+under+and+through+byu+versus+texas&view=detail&mid=BD4444A69ACBEA7CE8AFBD4444A69ACBEA7CE8AF&FORM=VIRE
Flexbone
Quote:

The biggest obstacles to that are OU, OK State and Iowa State who has quietly built a competitive program in Ames.

Read this. Read it again. Now do it, but pretend you played our schedule.
agswin1988
AG
2 things:

I wouldn't leave Baylor on the road out of the "tough wins" column for tu either.

Also

horn fans remind me of the time my son was in 6th grade football and they had 2 separate divisions during regular season. 2 leagues merged in the offseason and we were in the league considered much tougher by most people.

The teams that came from the other league all talked crap about how good they were. My sons team was the 4th best team in his side of the bracket. they lost to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams by 1 td or less. His last regular season game was against the 1st place team that came from the other league. They were undefeated and talking it up. We played that last game and beat them 18-0 and knocked out their 3 best players.

Then the way the playoffs were structured we had to turn around and play them in the first round of the playoffs. They said they only lost because their starting QB, RB, and middle linebacker did not finish the game- Kinda starting to sound familiar to another college team around here.

Anyways, we played that playoff game and beat them even worse 30-6 and that shut them up pretty quickly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.