Since you sips believe so much in this football coach of yours this year....

11,215 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiedad55
Cynical_Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texasteasipper said:

Ronnie Mund said:

teasips suck at sports.

defend their honor!!

Yea!!!!!
AggieBand2004
AG
GAC06 said:

They suddenly decided to study expansion after we built the biggest stadium in the state. Again. Are they studying getting a new weight room? What about a real indoor facility? Aren't y'all the KING? The Jones's? Why can't y'all afford nice stuff? Why are y'all laying off AD employees? Why are you offering BOGO tickets in June? Why do you keep talking about hiring big name coaches but keep hiring inexperienced midmajor coaches instead?

Headshot
Texan1976
The idea isn't to expand. The idea is to add premium seats and suites. SEZ project will likely decrease capacity. Which is smart. College football attendance is declining because everyone has a HD flat screen and can watch their favorite team and others they are interested in from their home.

Adding a bunch of crappy bleacher seats for a dick measuring contest is dumb. Less seats is the idea. But better ones.
GAC06
AG
Here are some other tips to get "better seats".

Play better football
Play better opponents
Play at times other than 11am
Play in front of a fan base that isn't full of bandwagon trailer trash and west coast limp wrists

Well I guess some suites couldn't hurt. Plus less empty seats to show on FS1 at 11am
txjortsagent
AG
Texan1976 said:

The idea isn't to expand. The idea is to add premium seats and suites. SEZ project will likely decrease capacity. Which is smart. College football attendance is declining because everyone has a HD flat screen and can watch their favorite team and others they are interested in from their home.

Adding a bunch of crappy bleacher seats for a dick measuring contest is dumb. Less seats is the idea. But better ones.

For the most part, I agree that it SHOULD be this way.

Also get the hoity toity tailgate folks to set everything up for your party.

The folks with the money who donate need to be able to indulge and hardly break a sweat on game day.

But then your atmosphere suffers without the little loud man who can't give as much, sets his own charcoal grill up and cooks brats and yells his ass off at the game.
88jrt06
AG
Texan1976 said:

"We didn't need Italy anyway, for a dick measuring contest.
Less troops is the idea. But better ones. Which is smart.
The idea isn't to expand."
-some guy, 1944
Texan1976
txjortsagent said:

Texan1976 said:

The folks with the money who donate need to be able to indulge and hardly break a sweat on game day.

But then your atmosphere suffers without the little loud man who can't give as much, sets his own charcoal grill up and cooks brats and yells his ass off at the game.

There are still plenty of those seats. And always will be. It wasn't that long ago where both Texas and A&M had 70k capacity.

My point was it's dumb to build 100k seat stadiums in 2018. Attendance is declining because how much better the average fan experience is at home in 2017 compared to 1985. More games televised by a factor of 40. Huge HD TVs with excellent quality that cost nothing.

So the smart move is to downsize seats but makenrh existing seats better. Chair backs. No bleachers. Suites. Club seats. And you can sell those for a lot more money. So a right sized 85k stadium can produce more revenue than a 100k size stadium.
Tom Doniphon
Quote:

My point was it's dumb to build 100k seat stadiums in 2018.

We averaged 99k per game... last year... with a lame duck coach...

Maybe your theory is only true for austin.
MyComputerCareer
Whorn shoulda hired $bill. Match made in heaven.
BVAg85
AG
Texan1976 said:

txjortsagent said:

Texan1976 said:

There are still plenty of those seats. And always will be. It wasn't that long ago where both Texas and A&M had 70k capacity.

My point was it's dumb to build 100k seat stadiums in 2018. Attendance is declining because how much better the average fan experience is at home in 2017 compared to 1985. More games televised by a factor of 40. Huge HD TVs with excellent quality that cost nothing.

So the smart move is to downsize seats but makenrh existing seats better. Chair backs. No bleachers. Suites. Club seats. And you can sell those for a lot more money. So a right sized 85k stadium can produce more revenue than a 100k size stadium.

This is probably true depending on the school and who the visiting teams are that come into play. In a&m's case there is a large student section so you still have to have seats available for the large alumni base and visitors. In Texas' case, the students are a little less interested in going to the games. Plus there aren't many exciting home games each year right now. Their biggest game is at the cotton bowl. So it very well would make sense not to expand the seating. If Texas were in another conference, like the big 10 or SEC, they could easily get over 100,000 at their home games.
txjortsagent
AG
Yep
AggieBand2004
AG
Advocating for smaller stadiums... Big 12 pride is alive and well!
Jock 07
AG
the joneses study a stadium update but settle for a couple new lockers with hairplugs' "help"

poooooooor sip.
MyComputerCareer
BVAg85 said:

Texan1976 said:

txjortsagent said:

Texan1976 said:

This is probably true depending on the school and who the visiting teams are that come into play. In a&m's case there is a large student section so you still have to have seats available for the large alumni base and visitors. In Texas' case, the students are a little less interested in going to the games. Plus there aren't many exciting home games each year right now. Their biggest game is at the cotton bowl. So it very well would make sense not to expand the seating. If Texas were in another conference, like the big 10 or SEC, they could easily get over 100,000 at their home games.

This statement is both completely rational and soul crushingly brutal at the same time.
HeyMoe
AG
Texasteasipper said:

inconvenient truth said:

Texasteasipper said:

Flexbone said:

If Texas football is "king" why haven't they dominated heir own league since the 70's? Why have they sucked for a decade? Why are they forced to hire mid major coaches? Why are their facilities woefully out of date in an era when that's a huge deal? Why cant they sell out games? Why can't they keep up in recruiting?

Times have changed. You're clearly stuck in an era that's LONG gone.

The facilities won't be upgraded?

How much effort did it take to get a simple tennis facility built? How's that basketball arena coming along? How bout that ****hole of a turf baseball field?

Texas just got a new AD and the South End Zone bids are already out. Delusional to think the Facilities are not about to all be comoletely updated. But keep up the narrative.
The bids for the South End Zone may be out, but the real bloodbath will be the bidding for the South End Zone Tarp.
91_Aggie
AG
Texan1976 said:

There are still plenty of those seats.

The elite-seat ratio argument.
HTownAg98
Here's my RFP: give me $50,000 and I'll cover the end zone with wonderful tarps.

In the case of the sips, it makes sense to downsize into suites. If you're going to entice people to come watch crap football, you're going to have to treat them like KINGS.

Only in the bdf would downsizing be considered a good thing.
goodAg80
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Here's my RFP: give me $50,000 and I'll cover the end zone with wonderful tarps.

In the case of the sips, it makes sense to downsize into suites. If you're going to entice people to come watch crap football, you're going to have to treat them like KINGS.

Only in the bdf would downsizing be considered a good thing.
FOr $25K I will cover it with these:

Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

For Texas. Not for us.
HeyMoe
AG
Texan1976 said:

txjortsagent said:

Texan1976 said:

Yeah, we were gonna go the whole "less is more" thing with Kyle until we joined the big boy SEC and kicked ol' Dollar Bill to the curb.

BVAg85
AG
I don't understand why people refuse to see that once good teams can eventually become bad teams and vice versa. I remember watching the NFL while growing up and the Patriots were so bad that they were one of those teams that you just felt sorry for. Look at them now. You would have to be out of your mind to say that they were a terrible team. It's the same with Texas. They simply have not been a good team these last few years. Neither their history nor our history are reliable predictors of which directions our teams are headed. Maybe in the past with how things were, but not today. The variables have changed too much recently. And the sips that post here are ignoring all these recent events. They have their heads in the sand and refuse to see that we're not the same old a&m and they aren't what they were either.
88jrt06
AG
1976 has to be an actual horn.

"We're totally stuck with this so it's better. Ha ha we win, Aggsies."
Synopsis
Go Hurricanes.
Synopsis
BVAg85 said:

I don't understand why people refuse to see that once good teams can eventually become bad teams and vice versa. I remember watching the NFL while growing up and the Patriots were so bad that they were one of those teams that you just felt sorry for. Look at them now. You would have to be out of your mind to say that they were a terrible team. It's the same with Texas. They simply have not been a good team these last few years. Neither their history nor our history are reliable predictors of which directions our teams are headed. Maybe in the past with how things were, but not today. The variables have changed too much recently. And the sips that post here are ignoring all these recent events. They have their heads in the sand and refuse to see that we're not the same old a&m and they aren't what they were either.

Being a Dolphins fan, I can attest to that. I think during one span of a few years they didn't lose to the Patriots once, or very few times. Now those roles are pretty much reversed. The 18 year streak the Patriots are on is unbelievable.
Loyalty
AG
Texasteasipper said:

91_Aggie said:

When you have one home game that has a "national name" (USC), and the rest are:
Baylor
West Virginia
Iowa State
Tulsa
TCU

you are going to have to do something to keep those stands halfway filled.

And this is a Father's Day special:
"Hey, our proud Longhorn Dad... guess what we, your kids, bought you for Father's day... Tickets to the Tulsa Game on September 8th. Yep, we think that much of you. You'll enjoy this game against some team from Oklahoma in the 100F degree early September heat"

BTW, Texas has away games at these mighty football powers:
Maryland
K-state
Texas Tech
Kansas (Day afterThanksgiving... BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

More Aggie drivel. Its Texas football. You know, and everyone knows that Texas football is and always will be just fine and is KING. It doesnt ****ing matter what conference Texas is in. With you guys clearly it does. Herman will have Texas winning again in short order, and ultimately NOTHING else matters. Another bookmark.

Keep telling yourself this. But it won't change reality. The glory days are over and have been for years. Keep posting though, it's very entertaining.
HeyMoe
AG
"......the biggest and best atmosphere in college football"

mmmmmkay.
aggiedad55
AG
Jock 07 you are the man for posting that GIF of Herman. It never gets old.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.