Just another stud recruit

17,129 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MyComputerCareer
DatTallArchitect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Why are you dip****s now throwing out avg star ranking this year? Has that ever been your propaganda? Last year bragging about #3 recruit ranking without any mention of avg star ranking

Spin spin spin to always make yourselves sound better

Hey we're #1 in revenue!!!! Woohoo!! But we're in the red netwise

Explain to me how avg star ranking doesnt matter.
It has been explained quite well several times recently, and you know that. Quit being obtuse.
digging tunnels
AG
Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Why are you dip****s now throwing out avg star ranking this year? Has that ever been your propaganda? Last year bragging about #3 recruit ranking without any mention of avg star ranking

Where did I say it didn't matter??

My point is that sips will spin anything to make themselves look better. In this case using a metric that doesn't get mentioned at all til now because we're beating them in recruiting
MyComputerCareer
You won't unless whorn is taking 9-10 recruits this cycle. And I love how we moved the goal posts from "top ten class" to "top ten class in avg star ranking".
Dobre casy
AG
CenTexHornsFan said:

Stud recruits but will still finish third or fourth in the SEC West! Congrats!
You seem to think Sumlin is still our coach. Keep that head in the sand lil buddy. When reality hits you, it's gonna hit you hard.
AGC
AG
Texasteasipper said:

AGC said:

Texasteasipper said:

Baron von Waffle said:

Herb you're on fire bro!

He has OT Tyler Johnson committed and look for OT Javonne Shepherd to commit very soon and C Branson Bragg is heavy Texas lean.

How is tu's class looking now that Bragg committed? He was looking for championship football and top tier academics. That's y'all, right?

Again, I'm not surprised hes going to Stanford one bit. Its an amazing school with a great coach that has a history of recruiting smart OL out of Texas including a high school buddy of mine.

And the Texas class IS and is going to be at least top 10 class in avg star ranking and with solid trench players.

So next time you say a recruit is a heavy tu lean it shouldn't. surprise us if he commits somewhere else?
BVAg85
AG
CenTexHornsFan said:

Stud recruits but will still finish third or fourth in the SEC West! Congrats!

And where has your team been finishing in its powerhouse conference? Keep living in the past. Texas isn't going have its perceived "glory years" back anytime soon. Texas isn't the only game in town anymore. In case you haven't noticed the Longhorns have been struggling. You guys are getting a taste of the real world that the rest of the schools in this state have always been in. Just being Texas isn't gonna cut it anymore.
Texasteasipper
digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

My point is that sips will spin anything to make themselves look better. In this case using a metric that doesn't get mentioned at all til now because we're beating them in recruiting

I have ALWAYS used avg star ranking when looking at final rankings in Feb. Why wouldn't you? There is no spin to it. Texas was 5th last year and 4th currently.
Texasteasipper
AGC said:

Texasteasipper said:

AGC said:

Texasteasipper said:

Baron von Waffle said:

Herb you're on fire bro!

He has OT Tyler Johnson committed and look for OT Javonne Shepherd to commit very soon and C Branson Bragg is heavy Texas lean.

How is tu's class looking now that Bragg committed? He was looking for championship football and top tier academics. That's y'all, right?

Again, I'm not surprised hes going to Stanford one bit. Its an amazing school with a great coach that has a history of recruiting smart OL out of Texas including a high school buddy of mine.

And the Texas class IS and is going to be at least top 10 class in avg star ranking and with solid trench players.

So next time you say a recruit is a heavy tu lean it shouldn't. surprise us if he commits somewhere else?

Is this your first time recruiting?
AGC
AG
Texasteasipper said:

AGC said:

Texasteasipper said:

AGC said:

Texasteasipper said:

Baron von Waffle said:

Herb you're on fire bro!

Is this your first time recruiting?

It's been 10 days. Did he not like the all-male pool party?
BVAg85
AG
Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

I have ALWAYS used avg star ranking when looking at final rankings in Feb. Why wouldn't you? There is no spin to it. Texas was 5th last year and 4th currently.

You honestly think that a school with one 5 star recruit should be ranked above a school with three 5 star recruits and four 4 star recruits?
digging tunnels
AG
Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Bull*****..show me a post on here where you've mentioned avg star ranking last year. You've stated a few times mentioning finishing #3 in final rankings last year. I honestly didn't know their star ranking last year til you mentioned it now.

Show me a sip writer touting their avg star ranking last year as opposed to the final ranking like EJ is spinning now
BVAg85
AG
He knows the rankings are obtained through a formula that takes into account the size of the class and the player ratings. He would have to fall in the low IQ rating to not realize this. It is just the sip way. Their fan base has narcissistic personality disorder.
Texasteasipper
digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Bull*****..show me a post on here where you've mentioned avg star ranking last year. You've stated a few times mentioning finishing #3 in final rankings last year. I honestly didn't know their star ranking last year til you mentioned it now.

Show me a sip writer touting their avg star ranking last year as opposed to the final ranking like EJ is spinning now

If you did not know anything about avg star rankings until now then you are a moron.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

If you did not know anything about avg star rankings until now then you are a moron.
Your reading comprehension is terrible.
Texasteasipper
BVAg85 said:

He knows the rankings are obtained through a formula that takes into account the size of the class and the player ratings. He would have to fall in the low IQ rating to not realize this. It is just the sip way. Their fan base has narcissistic personality disorder.

Yes. More commits does not always equal a better class. Why is this hard to grasp?

It was 3 star Chollie around here for a while, remember?
Flexbone
Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Wrong.
Flexbone
Texasteasipper said:

BVAg85 said:

Yes. More commits does not always equal a better class. Why is this hard to grasp?

Did Texas' class get worse or better yesterday by adding the kid who committed? Their "average stars"
went down.
BVAg85
AG
Texasteasipper said:

BVAg85 said:

You're right more commits don't necessarily make a class better but having more commits gives a school a chance to find that diamond in the rough. Plus teams need depth. That's why there is a formula that takes these things into account when determining the rankings.

I know you're a sip and think that since Texas has a decent avg star rating that should be the only factor. But it isn't and just because you're a sip the rules won't change just because you think they should. A&M is ahead of you in the rankings by the rules everyone follows. Everyone else recognizes there is more to a class than just the star avg. It's just all about show and perception with you guys. It always has been.
Texasteasipper
Flexbone said:

Texasteasipper said:

BVAg85 said:

Did Texas' class get worse or better yesterday by adding the kid who committed? Their "average stars"
went down.

Depends on the kid, evaluation, and development. Hes definitely touted as a potential diamond in the rough Gary Patterson type player.

But if you think stars don't matter or avg star ranking overall in the grand scheme then I can't help any of you.
SteveBott
AG
Average star matters AFTER you class is complete. That is what your not getting. You dropped from third to sixth with one recruit.

Other things matter as well. How does the class fill your teams needs? No stars can reflect that. Character? Academics? Again stars do not show any of that as well.

So the main metric used is class accumulation of star points and easy to find but just one data point
Flexbone
Texasteasipper said:

Flexbone said:

Texasteasipper said:

BVAg85 said:

went down.

Depends on the kid, evaluation, and development. Hes definitely touted as a potential diamond in the rough Gary Patterson type player.

But if you think stars don't matter or avg star ranking overall in the grand scheme then I can't help any of you.

How do you NOT SEE how stupid your response is in light of the argument you've been trying to make?

Holy *****
David_Puddy
AG
Did t-shirtteasipper really spend his Saturday night (and now Sunday morning) trying to downplay A&M's recruiting class & arguing average star ranking on Texags??? Find a sturdy tree branch & hang yourself from it bun.....f'ing brutal
Token
AG
Just woke up and Jimbo gets another OL
Jock 07
AG
Token keepin it real
SteveBott
AG
Our commit today is perfect example of a team need. 3 star but forecasts as a center and we needed one in this class.

Our starter this year is likely to declare after the season leaving one true center on the roster. Need this guy as a pipeline player.
digging tunnels
AG
Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

Texasteasipper said:

digging tunnels said:

******* I'm beginning to think you didn't finish high school. Your comprehension is ****ing pathetic
technoviking
AG
Texasteasipper said:

Flexbone said:

Texasteasipper said:

BVAg85 said:

went down.

please enlighten us on the players tommy boy leads for that will either maintain this coveted average star ranking or increase it?

and let me reiterate i mean "LEADS for", not "has offered."
BVAg85
AG
Texasteasipper said:

Flexbone said:

Texasteasipper said:

BVAg85 said:

went down.

Of course the avg star rating matters. That's why it is part of the formula for determining the recruiting rankings. What is so hard about that to comprehend? Texas has 10 recruits. So compare those 10 to a&m's top 10. Which school has the higher avg? Our lowest out of those top 10 is .88. 3 of your 10 are below that. Now throw in a&m's other 8 recruits and tell me which class should be ranked higher.
MyComputerCareer
Since we're talking about avg star rating, 5 (out of 8) of our 3 stars are rated higher than whorn's highest rated 3 star. But whorn's "is a Gary Patterson" type player. You just make this stuff up as you go.
technoviking
AG

sipper in this thread
Texasteasipper
Baron von Waffle said:

Since we're talking about avg star rating, 5 (out of 8) of our 3 stars are rated higher than whorn's highest rated 3 star. But whorn's "is a Gary Patterson" type player. You just make this stuff up as you go.

Lol, typical of the aggie responses so far.
Flexbone
Texasteasipper said:

Baron von Waffle said:

And by that of course you mean, supplying facts that refute your delusional wish that Texas is "king." You're fighting TCU for DLineman, chief. That's your reality.
David_Puddy
AG
Texasteasipper said:

Baron von Waffle said:

This dumbass gets to his cubicle right at 7:59, clocks in online, hops onto Texags to read the new responses to this thread that happened after he went to bed in his Spider Man undies last night and decides, "hey I might as well start the day continuing to make a dumbass out of myself." Keep up the good fight, you non-Texas degree having ass clown.
MyComputerCareer
When facts don't support whorn's narrative, lol is all whorn can do. Will enjoy watching them dip into the pool of 3rd tier prospects in order to fill out its '19 class. Safe to assume we won't hear much about avg star rating going forward and these kids won't have TAMU offers. Good luck battling Tulane and SMU.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.