name one big12-2 baseball team that would finish above .500 in the SEC

19,641 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dixichkn
Flexbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

Just wondering how you did in your conference tournament and against SEC teams this season. Did TT and the Horns go 1 and something against SEC teams? Just wondering. Edit after checking schedule. Your team and the horns are 2-7 against the SEC. And yall did not play the top ranked SEC teams. So i would not come over here talking trash.

Um, you didn't win your conference tourney either, so your point is?

You got swept by Arky 3-0. We lost 1 and didn't get to complete the 2nd game. So AGAIN, don't see your point.

Played Kentucky at their place and went 1-2. Not terrible.

Our record against top 50 RPI knocks your dicks in the dirt.

We played a lot more teams in the upper echelon on that Top 50. You played 1 game, and lost.
goodAg80
AG
Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

Just wondering how you did in your conference tournament and against SEC teams this season. Did TT and the Horns go 1 and something against SEC teams? Just wondering. Edit after checking schedule. Your team and the horns are 2-7 against the SEC. And yall did not play the top ranked SEC teams. So i would not come over here talking trash.

You got swept by Arky 3-0. We lost 1 and didn't get to complete the 2nd game. So AGAIN, don't see your point.

CoachLB
It is going to be 108 degrees in Lubbock friday! What kind of hell do you guys live in up there? Throw in a freaking turf field (is this high school) and it will be awful up there.
Your Friend
CoachLB said:

My point is you are on another teams board talking trash when you and the horns only won 2 games against SEC teams combuned. I do not care how you try to justify it. A&M beat Florida, Georgia, Texas, and several other SEC and ranked teams. Just because you are hosting does not mean you are the better team. And that is what you meant in your first post. I would be happy if the Aggies a went to TT for the regional. I really believe we would win it. Besides several of your top 50 wins are against Big 12 teams. What a joke. If you and Texas had done better than 2 combined wins against the SEC, i may think differently.

You believe atm would win Lubbock based on tech's performance against a couple of sec teams when atm has lost 7 of 10 series against sec teams this season?
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

We played a lot more teams in the upper echelon on that Top 50. You played 1 game, and lost.

You went 2-9 against that "upper echelon". Whoopity *****
Andy Farmer
CoachLB said:

My point is you are on another teams board talking trash when you and the horns only won 2 games against SEC teams combuned. I do not care how you try to justify it. A&M beat Florida, Georgia, Texas, and several other SEC and ranked teams. Just because you are hosting does not mean you are the better team. And that is what you meant in your first post. I would be happy if the Aggies a went to TT for the regional. I really believe we would win it. Besides several of your top 50 wins are against Big 12 teams. What a joke. If you and Texas had done better than 2 combined wins against the SEC, i may think differently.

You went 2-9 against the upper level teams from your conference. Who cares if you play in the SEC. You got your cock blocked by the "best of" in that conference. Big deal.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

You went 2-9 against the upper level teams from your conference. Who cares if you play in the SEC. You got your cock blocked by the "best of" in that conference. Big deal.

No, we went 6-11. The Big 12 is garbage.
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

Where is the goalpost today for "upper echelon"?
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

#2 ranked conference.

Pretty terrible.
MyComputerCareer
itt seems pretty relieved TAMU isn't in their regional.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

Where is the goalpost today for "upper echelon"?

Top 15, like it is every year dumbass. But I'm sure there's no difference between #48 and #1.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

#2 ranked conference.

Pretty terrible.

The same metric that says A&M should be hosting? There's a massive gap between us and you. You're closer to the AAC. The same league you're routinely in a dead heat with in the NFL draft.
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

#2 ranked conference.

Pretty terrible.

The same metric that says A&M should be hosting? There's a massive gap between us and you. You're closer to the AAC. The same league you're routinely in a dead heat with in the NFL draft.

"Us". Cute.
CoachLB
Your Friend said:

CoachLB said:

You believe atm would win Lubbock based on tech's performance against a couple of sec teams when atm has lost 7 of 10 series against sec teams this season?
A&M beat Florida, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc. A&M beat more top teams than TT or your Horns. Stop making stupid posts.
Muy
AG
We are hosting this year. Decided to do it in Austin.
Andy Farmer
CoachLB said:

Your Friend said:

CoachLB said:

A&M beat Florida, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc. A&M beat more top teams than TT or your Horns. Stop making stupid posts.

3-9. great job.

We had 1 try at Ark. 1-2 against Kentucky. 1-3

Same ratio.

CoachLB
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

#2 ranked conference.

Pretty terrible.
All non SEC teams that are hosting have a combined 5-14 record against the SEC. Look, if you do not understand that playing in the SEC every weekend is different than playing in the Big 12 you do not know sports. I truly believe A&M would have won the Big 12. But the proof will be in the regionals. If TT or texas move on and the AGGIES do not then you are right. And I will be here. If AGGIES move on and TT and Texas does not then be sure to not run off, come back and face it.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

If AGGIES move on and TT and Texas does not then be sure to not run off, come back and face it.
Ummmm......you've been here how long?

You KNOW that's not how BDF trolls roll..........
RGLAG85
AG
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

CoachLB said:

You went 2-9 against the upper level teams f67rom your conference. Who cares if you play in the SEC. You got your cock blocked by the "best of" in that conference. Big deal.

#2 ranked conference.

Pretty terrible.
Yet you're closer to no.5 than you are to no.1. Your NC record is closer to the Mountain West than the SEC.
M.D.
Tech would do ok in the SEC in baseball.

The fact that they lost 2 of their top 3 starting pitchers, one of which a consensus all-American and one of the best 2 or 3 pitchers in the nation, yet still hung around was pretty impressive.

They lose pretty much the entire team this offseason to the draft and graduation so it will be interesting to see what tadlock does to fill the gaps.
huisachel
Texas could probably compete against second echelon SEC teams like a&m
Andy Farmer
huisachel said:

Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

huisachel said:

Andy here past midnight on a Saturday night after ONE baseball game talking smack about SEC baseball when the Big 12's best team beat the SEC's #11...what a clueless, priceless dip*****
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

huisachel said:

Andy here past midnight on a Saturday night after ONE baseball game talking smack about SEC baseball when the Big 12's best team beat the SEC's #11...what a clueless, priceless dip*****

SEC SEC!!!
Your Friend
https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/2954561
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Why is that funny? The conference is the best in baseball, no doubt. Just because we lost a game, that changes? I don't think anyone here claimed we're the best team in the league this year. If Texas advances, aren't they paired up with an SEC team? What do you think the chances of them getting out of that are? Very low. Again, you're puffing your chest about the "best" team in its league beating the #11 team in its league in a single game, played at home. That prettty much tells the story for you.
Andy Farmer
Your Friend said:

Did I see OU score more than Miss St.?

Can't be. Thats a bottom rung Big 12 team.
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

Why is that funny? The conference is the best in baseball, no doubt. Just because we lost a game, that changes? I don't think anyone here claimed we're the best team in the league this year. If Texas advances, aren't they paired up with an SEC team? What do you think the chances of them getting out of that are? Very low. Again, you're puffing your chest about the "best" team in its league beating the #11 team in its league in a single game, played at home. That prettty much tells the story for you.

What about OU thumping Miss St?
Your Friend
I'm laughing at the fact that y'all were just embarrassed by your arch rivals yet there's a rah rah sec thread with "we are doing great!!" in the title.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

I'm laughing at the fact that y'all were just embarrassed by your arch rivals yet there's a rah rah sec thread with "we are doing great!!" in the title.

And this is different than you guys failing to be bowl eligible yet hanging on every snap when A&M plays a Big 12 team in a bowl?
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

And this is different than you guys failing to be bowl eligible yet hanging on every snap when A&M plays a Big 12 team in a bowl?

Stay on topic...at least 2 ****ty Big 12 baseball teams have beaten the badass SEC this weekend.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

Stay on topic...at least 2 ****ty Big 12 baseball teams have beaten the badass SEC this weekend.

Yeah...because we all know in baseball the best team always wins. That's why the best teams in the sport lose about 40% of their games.
huisachel
If the SEC teams had won those two games this board would be crowing like a bus load of roosters. Right?
HTownAg98
Probably, because that would mean we would have gone 17-1 through the first two days.
David_Puddy
AG
Andy skipped church this morning to hop onto Texags to defend the sh-tty Big 12? Freaking brutal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.