SEC Network is valued at $4.692 billion, Big Ten Network at $1.142 billion and Pac-12

9,125 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fistofsouth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
goodAg80 said:

33 said:

Why is it so hard to schedule 14 teams?
We are rednecks. About as hard as avoiding marrying a relative.
I can always count on a quality answer from goodAg80. Brilliant.
88jrt06
AG
33 said:

Oh great. This discussion again.
McInnis80
Why is it hard to schedule 14 teams? For baseball, SEC schools play all of the schools in their own division and 4 of the schools in the other division, giving you 10 series, which is the same as the ACC. Big 12 teams only play 8 series, and Big 10 teams only play 6 series. Basketball is also somewhat similar. You don't know really who is the best team in the conference. In the Big 12, there is no dispute about which basketball team is best. It's always Kansas, but it's because of their dominance on court, not because they did not have big road games with some of the schools in the conference.

In the SEC, we only have two football games with East Division schools. The Aggies will be beginning season 6 in SEC and still have not played Georgia. Maybe the SEC could add another game, but currently there is no big push for it.

The two SEC expansions were game changers. The first game gave the conference the SEC Championship game, the only conference championship that sells out. The second expansion laid the groundwork for the SEC Network. I don't see any needle moving expansion scenarios out there.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
pepe the dog said:

Just found out how quick it is to be banned on the shag.

They were talking about moving the sips to another conference and someone suggested the SEC was where he wanted the sips to go.

I explained (very nicely) that A&M, Arkansas and Missouri would probably say no and it only takes one vote.

I received a response that if the sips wanted to go the SEC, they would kick us to the curb.

Then they banned me.

No bad words, derogatory remarks, dirty pictures etc,,,,,just the truth.

Wow, things must be pretty bad over there.
They like to cling to this thought that they can go anywhere they want AND start kicking out current members in the process all while forgetting that this arrogance is exactly the reason A&M, Arky, and Mizzou would vote no and why teams like Bama would also join them in voting no. Then you take into account the fact that Vandy has no interest in them and would have voted no to us had any other school joined them, the "No Other School in My State" voting block of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Kentucky and they really have to hope that Tennessee, LSU, the Mississippi's, and Auburn carry a lot of weight. Sips aren't getting in and no amount of covering their ears and screaming that they can go anywhere they want will make it true.
RGLAG85
AG
33 said:

33 at his best! Too stupid to realize they started the "Joneses" smack but hate it when their dick gets knocked in the dirt.
RGLAG85 said:

33 said:

33 at his best! Too stupid to realize they started the "Joneses" smack but hate it when their dick gets knocked in the dirt.

When did the stereotype flip? I thought the Horns were arrogant. Now, it's the Aggies and I suppose arrogance is ok.
Potcake
AG
Do you really equate message board dick swinging to the arrogance of Delost? You aren't keeping it real, you're keeping it disingenuous.
fistofsouth
McInnis80 said:

I wonder why the Big 10 Network is worth so much less than the SEC Network? Could it be that they could not charge the full in state rate to New Jersey or New York, especially since people in New York could care less about college sports, and care even less about Rutgers?

Or is it people moving from traditional Big 10 country to SEC Nation?
In state population and higher subscription fees pure and simple:

SEC in-market states:

Texas 27,862,596
Florida 20,612,439
Georgia 10,310,371
Tennessee 6,651,194
Missouri 6,093,000
South Carolina 4,961,119
Alabama 4,863,300
Louisiana 4,681,666
Kentucky 4,436,974
Mississippi 2,988,726
Arkansas 2,988,248
Total 96,449,633 X $1.30 = $125,384,522.90

B1G in-market states:

New York 19,745,289
Pennsylvania 12,802,503
Illinois 12,801,539
Ohio 11,614,373
Michigan 9,928,301
New Jersey 8,944,469
Indiana 6,633,053
Maryland 6,016,447
Wisconsin 5,778,708
Minnesota 5,519,952
Iowa 3,134,693
Nebraska 1,907,116
Total: 104,826,443 X $1.00 = $104,826,443

$125,384,522.90 - $104,826,443 = $20,558,079.90

Keep in mind I included New York as they are included as in-market for the B1G despite the fact that Rutgers is in New Jersey. I also used the in-market fees for both networks and not the US average shown in the article above and both of those factors work to the advantage of the B1G. It should also be remembered that in states like Alabama and Louisiana most people that can get SECN probably have SECN, but the same is not true for B1GN in New York and Illinois.
Potcake said:

Do you really equate message board dick swinging to the arrogance of Delost? You aren't keeping it real, you're keeping it disingenuous.
Actually, I am keeping it real. I don't have a message board dick swinging personality. My behavior and ideas on this board and in real life are the same.
Potcake
AG
I think you just outed yourself as a sock. Nobody can be that full of s***.
Potcake said:

I think you just outed yourself as a sock. Nobody can be that full of s***.
Yes, that's it. You're so clever... [face-palm]

And I thought we were kindred spirits because I own a potcake. I rescued him from T&C back in 2014.
ccatag
AG
Was there no valuation of the longhorn Network?
IIR it had lost -50mil after 2 years of operation. That's been quite awhile back. Has there been any recent updates?
petey88

are they still broadcasting student fashion shows ?
AgCat93
AG
petey88 said:

are they still broadcasting?

FIFY
RGLAG85
AG
33 said:

RGLAG85 said:

33 said:

When did the stereotype flip? I thought the Horns were arrogant. Now, it's the Aggies and I suppose arrogance is ok.
It hasn't flipped, that's why you, your brother Randolph and the sip ilk can't stand big brother possibly having more success in any form from you. It shakes your very core.
bobbranco
AG
33 said:

Hey inbred, keep up, It is new data.
Chosen One
Curious to see what the LHN will be worth if Texas starts to win again? Probably more than the Pac 10 network.

Wonder what Notre Dame's contract with NBC is worth?

I'm looking forward to 2025 when Texas will be out of the big 12 and hopefully in the B1G with Oklahoma where they belong.
petey88

are you serious ?

I know you are a rookie and all, but this is just about too much, even for a sip
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Chosen One said:

Curious to see what the LHN will be worth if Texas starts to win again? Probably more than the Pac 10 network.

I'm looking forward to 2025 when Texas will be out of the big 12 and hopefully in the B1G with Oklahoma where they belong.

So you are giving up the LHN? Where we people go to watch fashion shows, cooking shows, student debates, and a rerun of the National Championship game from 20 years ago?
AggieTFA06
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

Chosen One said:

So you are giving up the LHN? Where we people go to watch fashion shows, cooking shows, student debates, and a rerun of the National Championship game from 20 years ago?
Don't forget the yoga, safari education and bevo eating grass.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
petey88

Fozzy's Safari Spectacular was quite the ratings driver for the sip channel. It was just ahead to The Drunk Augie Garrido Cooking Show
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

are they still broadcasting student fashion shows ?

They've moved on to "C o c ki s Not Glocks" rallies.
McInnis80
The network fees are based on subscribers, not population. The loss of subscribers is what is causing the heartburn in Bristol.

The subscriber fees are the largest source of revenue for the SEC Network, but I am seeing more real ads for mainstream products and less infomercial type ads which pay the network a percentage of sales.

I think ESPN has a veto over any conference move by the Longhorns. There would have a be some major checks cut to the Mouse if UT moves to the B1G, which has lots of ties to FOX.
Let's just blow it all up and build new conferences.

We can put Michigan and Alabama in the same conference to create a great game dominated by coaching personalities.
petey88

The SEC and the Big Ten are doing just fine, it's the BDF that will end up out of business, and you sips won't have to worry about Kansas or Iowa State anymore.

SchizoAg
AG
33 said:

That is an appropriate position for someone who is in an intractable situation in the current environment. That's why I predicted years ago that t.u. would be a major advocate of that. I don't know whether they're doing it behind the scenes, or their weak leadership has simply dropped the ball.
SchizoAg said:

33 said:

That is an appropriate position for someone who is in an intractable situation in the current environment. That's why I predicted years ago that t.u. would be a major advocate of that. I don't know whether they're doing it behind the scenes, or their weak leadership has simply dropped the ball.
I'm not in an intractable position. I don't really care what conference Texas plays in. They can stay in the B12 or it can blow up. That would have no impact whatsoever on me.
petey88

keep telling yourself that and perhaps in 20-30 years you might believe it
petey88 said:

keep telling yourself that and perhaps in 20-30 years you might believe it

I believe it today. I don't care what conference Texas plays in. I'll still go to as many games as I can. I don't watch TV so that doesn't matter to me at all.

Last football season, I went to the ND, OU and Baylor games. And for what it's worth, I went to the UCLA and Tennessee games for the Aggies.

This year, I'm going to USC, Maryland, OU and Tech games. I'll see what Aggie games my neighbor wants to drag me to.
petey88

good for you, have a cookie
PJYoung
AG
I've always thought the best landing place for them would be the B1G but I am guessing they end up in the Pac 16 with OU TT and OSU. That would be very meh but better than the current dumpster fire.
Chosen One
petey88 said:

The SEC and the Big Ten are doing just fine, it's the BDF that will end up out of business, and you sips won't have to worry about Kansas or Iowa State anymore.

At what point has Texas worried about anyone but themselves.

And yes, the LHN is a disaster for both Texas and the conference. But there is hope. The leadership of Texas has changed and the powers that pushed for the LHN are no longer there.

If Texas wants to keep the LHN they need to go independent, but if they are serious about making some money, they should join the B1G and get rid of the LHN. There will be no loss to Texas as the addition of the Texas markets will bump up the B1G's market share well over the SEC.

The real windfall would be if Texas and Norte Dame both joined. But I'd prefer to keep Oklahoma as they have been loyal to both Texas and the big 12.
petey88
Chosen One said:

petey88 said:

At what point has Texas worried about anyone but themselves.

And yes, the LHN is a disaster for both Texas and the conference. But there is hope. The leadership of Texas has changed and the powers that pushed for the LHN are no longer there.

If Texas wants to keep the LHN they need to go independent, but if they are serious about making some money, they should join the B1G and get rid of the LHN. There will be no loss to Texas as the addition of the Texas markets will bump up the B1G's market share well over the SEC.

The real windfall would be if Texas and Norte Dame both joined. But I'd prefer to keep Oklahoma as they have been loyal to both Texas and the big 12.

baylro are the only one who want to be in a conference with the sips
ABATTBQ11
AG
redd38 said:

What's the value of the Big 12 Network?

-$300 million.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!

Notre Dame told DeLoss Dodds to 'F*** Off!" several years back. The Fightin' Irish are ACC bound both contractually and in intent.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.