SEC Network is valued at $4.692 billion, Big Ten Network at $1.142 billion and Pac-12

9,067 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fistofsouth
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chosen One said:

petey88 said:

The SEC and the Big Ten are doing just fine, it's the BDF that will end up out of business, and you sips won't have to worry about Kansas or Iowa State anymore.

At what point has Texas worried about anyone but themselves.

And yes, the LHN is a disaster for both Texas and the conference. But there is hope. The leadership of Texas has changed and the powers that pushed for the LHN are no longer there.

If Texas wants to keep the LHN they need to go independent, but if they are serious about making some money, they should join the B1G and get rid of the LHN. There will be no loss to Texas as the addition of the Texas markets will bump up the B1G's market share well over the SEC.

The real windfall would be if Texas and Norte Dame both joined. But I'd prefer to keep Oklahoma as they have been loyal to both Texas and the big 12.
Unless Texas plans on joining the ACC it won't happen, ND will be a full member sooner than people think.
H00kers_B00ze_Bl0w
Although I think the sips best chance at a landing spot is the B1G, I think those chances are 60/40 at best. Their ego centric "Kardashian curse" reputation is so wide spread many other institutions have taken notice. I am not familiar with B1G membership voting metrics but I know NEB will vote "no" and am almost certain OSU and Michigan will as well. As for blOw U, I'm sorry but no one wants those trailer park inbreeds. Maybe the AAC, but just maybe. The closer we get to 2025, the more I believe OU and sips will be forced to keep their HS level conference together... maybe adding Boise and someone like UH. Gig em
fistofsouth
McInnis80 said:

The network fees are based on subscribers, not population. The loss of subscribers is what is causing the heartburn in Bristol.
Understood, but states with a larger population will have more subscribers with only a few exceptions. I mean there is NO WAY Montana has more subscribers to any of these networks than Texas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.