Ketch is already setting Herman up as the tough guy

14,088 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JustisWalkert
txagssweetie2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flashdiaz said:

he has such an easy job.
- Just regurgitate old stories and change the names.
- publish
- profit

This is what all fan sites do.
jackie childs
the real question is what happens when one of the players steps to him. will herman handle it or will his wife just take to twitter?
Stive
AG
For those of us too young to really be aware of what Machovic was like.....how is this similar?
Terk
AG
Stive said:

For those of us too young to really be aware of what Machovic was like.....how is this similar?
wait...
KW02
AG
So are they going to get rid of "the pit" where Charlie sent injured players?
Nixter
AG
txagssweetie2014 said:

Flashdiaz said:

he has such an easy job.
- Just regurgitate old stories and change the names.
- publish
- profit

This is what all fan sites do.
Yep. For example, everyone eats lightning and craps thunder in Spring practice. W player has put on good weight. X player showed up in shape. Y player looks like "the light finally came on". Z player is finally healthy and looks great.

And then we see the same performance year after year when the games are played.
Wildmen03
AG
Until Ketch and his ilk stop inflating the stars of texas recruits they will never see a legitimate improvement, especially if the Big XII craters and they get put in a conference with perennial tough competition.
91_Aggie
AG
That report from ketch is a classic "That Happened".

that story is a pure fabrication.
BQ_90
AG
Honestly does anyone believe any of that bull*****
StephenvilleAg77
So has any sip website or sip message board confirmed which true freshman it was?

Herman sounds like the second coming of Bob Weltlich.
Texan1976
BQ_90 said:

Honestly does anyone believe any of that bull*****

I'd like to think no. But the average person isn't that bright. And half the population is worse.

Ketchum provides a lot of entertainment. You're going to miss him when those pluckers wings finally take him out.
88jrt06
AG
This is Junction material....by a short guy.

"Deepened Pit exposes high water table..."
"Boo-boo saved by helicopter, prayers for non-starters"
" Families stunned, but relieved about boo-boo."
Herman blames "sloppy Strong", "stupid former coaches..".
Wife off to Cannes.

88jrt06
AG
Stive said:

He was a proven coach, totally classy. 'Pro -set'....
They killed him and forced freshmen to eat his bones.
Wine connoisseur.
aggiehawg
AG
Stive said:

I remember Mackovic. He had a reputation for being a quick turnaround coach at Illinois. Plys he had coached in the NFL at the Cowboys and the Chiefs. He was pretty much a cold fish, very critical and demanding. He was also more of the wine and cheese type and had a hard time connecting with the good ol' boys bourbon and branch swillin' boosters.

After Miami humiliated the horns in the Cotton Bowl under McWilliams, Mackovic was seen as the no-nonsense coach. And he did win a few conference titles, in the old SWC and then the Big XII. (Made a very risky call in the title game against Nebraska. Had it failed, he would have been fired that year.)

But then came UCLA and Route 66. (Listened to that game on the radio. It was a hoot!) He was gone after the season.
brainman5000
AG
I was young, all I remember is that he blamed a loss on a concussion he got earlier in the season. And was he the coach when they complained about not getting breakfast before a game? My grandfather, a die-hard tu fan, still calls him Mackosh**.
AgDotCom
Stive said:

Both of them were / are high and mighty with paper thin skin. Look at Herman lashing out at the Houston radio station when criticized and his wife going on a twitter rant this week.

Mackovic can be summed up as follows, after scrutiny and criticism following Rout 66....the fans and big cigars got pissed at his uppity "live with it" quote and he would never recover:

Quote:

After defeating Rutgers in this season's opener, UT fell to UCLA by an unbelievable 66-3. Afterwards, Mackovic uttered a bitter comment that many used all season as a springboard for his ouster: "Last year we won the Big 12 championship and everybody lived with that. They'll have to live with this, too."
Herman is a ticking time bomb. Now that he's at a big time program, he has two choices: 1) Drop the 'tude and pucker up when your constituents demand it or 2) keep giving people the finger when you don't like what they say. If he wins big, it won't matter, but if he loses a few he shouldn't, they'll be on his ass. I think he'll choose #1, but if he doesn't he will be eviscerated in Austin, or for that matter at any other high stakes program across the country he would be employed at (including ours).
corybantic
Belmont is just saving money by recycling memes. This summer there will be tales of how tough the practices are. A few players will drop out which will free up scholies and lower expectations (players no longer wanted by the program). DMN, AAS, and other tu fluffers will also recycle stories with only dates and names changed. If they are really lazy we might hear about the training hole that Herman uses to toughen his players.
aggiehawg
AG
brainman5000 said:

I was young, all I remember is that he blamed a loss on a concussion he got earlier in the season. And was he the coach when they complained about not getting breakfast before a game? My grandfather, a die-hard tu fan, still calls him Mackosh**.
Yeah, he got pasted on the sidelines in one game and then came out with the concussion excuse a month later.

Must have been a long concussion because he sucked at Arizona for a few years, too.
Gin Rummy
That Tom Herman sounds tough as ****.
TAZ99
AG
So, no more slumber parties?
Garrelli 5000
AG
I think Ketch loves getting a new coach so he can bestow his subscribers with his trademarked "new sheriff in town" phrase.
aggiehawg
AG
TAZ99 said:

So, no more slumber parties?
No more cookie cakes. <sigh>

Have to feel sorry for Swoopes. Mack burned his RS at the end of Mack's last season. Then he was in Watson's putrid offense, version 1.0 and 2.0, Norvell's and then Gilbert's. At least he's out of eligibility and won't have to try to learn Herman's. (Which would be a Herculean task for him, BTW.)

Herman is going to break his new team down before he can build it back up. There are a lot of bad habits he needs to break on just the fundamentals. Finesse will have to come later. My prediction is a rocky start for the sips next season then they improve over the rest of the games.
StephenvilleAg77
Quote:

Herman is going to break his new team down before he can build it back up. There are a lot of bad habits he needs to break on just the fundamentals. Finesse will have to come later. My prediction is a rocky start for the sips next season then they improve over the rest of the games.
Yep. Totally agree.

Am very curious to observe what he will do with the quarterback situation. Herman is trying to talk his 2017 UH commit to follow him to Austin. He contacted Stidham, too, though probably too late. And Herman is going to evaluate Heard moving back to qb.

Clearly Herman has doubts about Buechele, Ehlinger, and Merrick running his offense.

Historically, Herman's qb's have carried the ball on designed running plays (and consequently taken hits) for 15 plays per game on average.

91_Aggie
AG
So two coaches in a row had to break down the team to get it better?

Man, Mack brown really left that 8-4 team in tatters.
aggiehawg
AG
91_Aggie said:

So two coaches in a row had to break down the team to get it better?

Man, Mack brown really left that 8-4 team in tatters.
Mack had a revolving door at OC and DC his last few years. Charlie was just freakin' clueless and a star chaser on the recruiting trail. He never looked at his roster and scheme and targeted recruits that fit and would fill holes.

Herman has some talent there, but it is raw and not even cohesive between talent and scheme. Mishmash. Herman might as well be coaching a prison team right now.
Nixter
AG
StephenvilleAg77 said:

Quote:

Yep. Totally agree.

Am very curious to observe what he will do with the quarterback situation. Herman is trying to talk his 2017 UH commit to follow him to Austin. He contacted Stidham, too, though probably too late. And Herman is going to evaluate Heard moving back to qb.

Clearly Herman has doubts about Buechele, Ehlinger, and Merrick running his offense.

Historically, Herman's qb's have carried the ball on designed running plays (and consequently taken hits) for 15 plays per game on average.

Then Herman must be an idiot. Sip on my FB was fairly confident after the ND game that Buechele would win at least one Heisman.
StephenvilleAg77
More sip qb news:

Kyle Allen will graduate from UH in May, and as a grad transfer, can stay at UH or he can go pretty much anyplace that wants him.

A couple of sip recruiting sites reported today that Tom Herman & staff won't be pursuing Kyle Allen to join them at Utx -- unless their other qb offers all fall through and current qb's on the roster get injured in the Spring.

No interest in a five-star qb who knows your offense and who you've just spent 12 months coaching and working with in the film room and in practice?

Hmm.
AgDotCom
If true, Kyle Allen took it in all three orifices. Part of it his own doing.
DamageDone
AG
TommyDreamer said:

I thought he kisses his players? Now he yells at them?

Pattern of an abuser?
aggiehawg
AG
StephenvilleAg77 said:

More sip qb news:

Kyle Allen will graduate from UH in May, and as a grad transfer, can stay at UH or he can go pretty much anyplace that wants him.

A couple of sip recruiting sites reported today that Tom Herman & staff won't be pursuing Kyle Allen to join them at Utx -- unless their other qb offers all fall through and current qb's on the roster get injured in the Spring.

No interest in a five-star qb who knows your offense and who you've just spent 12 months coaching and working with in the film room and in practice?

Hmm.
WOW! That is interesting. Harken back to the mini-firestorm about Herman's contact with Allen before he left A&M. In particular how over-the-top Herman's reaction was to even being asked about it. Even his wife got involved as I recall.

Too bad Paul Harvey has passed because I sure would like to know the rest of the story.
Aggie97
AG
brainman5000 said:

It was Mack who complained about the breakfast after the Bonfire game. I remember him saying some sip players running to service stations in C.S. to get breakfast.
3B Paul 97
AG
Swimming parties to slumber parties to ????
aggiehawg
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Swimming parties to slumber parties to ????
EVERYBODY GETS A GRILL!!

permabull
AG
Tamu_mgm
AG
StephenvilleAg77 said:

More sip qb news:

Hmm.

Wow. Kyle Allen made the worst mistake of his life transferring out of A&M, especially since he had the freaking starting job essentially guaranteed once Kryler left.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.