Ketch is already setting Herman up as the tough guy

14,083 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JustisWalkert
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought Charlie was the tough guy after Mack was soft. I'm confused on which narrative we are supposed to follow now.

Wildmen03
AG
I'd feel dirty as **** if I had the media in my back pocket the way that texas does.
BohunkAg
AG
I will be the first one to say this.....this has the makings of a John Mackovic-type situation. You heard it here first.
technoviking
AG
BohunkAg said:

I will be the first one to say this.....this has the makings of a John Mackovic-type situation. You heard it here first.

Joe Exotic
AG
Didn't we hear about this purge and new sheriff in town BS 3 years ago?
elfurioso92
AG
Seems pretty familiar. The country club was getting shut down.
goodAg80
AG
Jimmy Freshwater
technoviking
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

The story depicted in this old gif takes on a whole new meaning if Charlie wasn't the hardass we were all told he was. He was just an opportunist out to make some money at a place that never wanted him.
Phatbob
AG
Did he get rid of the ping pong table, or just tell them that he was not going to help them with their homework?
Stinky T
AG
"Sit the **** up". It's no wonder that true freshman was confused.
GAC06
AG
Has he put up any posters yet?
Brazos Born
Quote:

There's a new sheriff on the 40 acres

We all know what happened to the previous sheriffs
Flashdiaz
AG
he has such an easy job.
- Just regurgitate old stories and change the names.
- publish
- profit
- spend profit on wings.
dreyOO
He sounds like a blast to play for
AustinCountyAg
I wish our coach would talk to players like that, instead of acting like they are homie's
Muy
AG
"We want to thank Charlie Strong for coming in and creating a culture of core values, after what Mack Brown (who won so many games we can't count) left us with. Now, with Tom Herman, he can clean up the complete mess that Charlie made."
Brazos Born
Putting the T back in "Sit The **** Up!"
The Collective
AG
Don't care, got Malik. Wait, he's entitled? Get rid of that lazy MF'er!
AgDotCom
I remember the first day Jackie Sherrill was on the A&M campus for the press conference and to meet the players.

He walked into the locker room to meet his players and the first thing he said was "take your ****ing caps off".

The difference is Jackie had a foot long peen and his Pitt teams finished ranked in the Top 10 for something like 4 or 5 years.

You don't just walk in and flop your johnson on the table when you lost to SMU and Navy two months ago.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So, tough guy Chuck kicked off the troublemakers from the team and apparently wasn't "tough enough."

How's Herman going to top that to appear tougher? Kick them off the team and then burn their parent's house down?
AgDotCom
BohunkAg said:

I've been thinking this since the day he was hired. The resemblances are slightly different but notably similar.
AgDotCom
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Yes, we did. They have more law men on campus than Dodge City.

Quote:

The best news of all for the Texas program is that change was made following the season, even if it was forced and awkward and unflattering change was still made and suddenly there's a new sheriff in town to help turn all of this player-development sadness into something that might simply represent a bad dream in a few years.

Charlie Strong is on the case and not a moment too soon. - Ketch 5/11/2014
StephenvilleAg77
Now that Charlie has been fired, the truth is coming out: the past three years of narratives reported by all the sip paid-website reporters and the DMN, AAS, and LHN reporters -- which claimed that Charlie's practices, scrimmages, and offseason workouts were tough and physical -- those narratives were all a load of b.s. intended to impress sip fans, high school recruits, and the high school coaches in this state.

Meanwhile, the OR forum watched the lil brother sips play on tv, noticed how soft Charlie's teams were on both offense and defense in their games in 2015 & 2016, and correctly pointed all this out months ago.

Send us $9.95, sip lurkers.

petey88

So is Tommy Boy going to put the T back in Texas and have a bus tour around the state to raise awareness ?
MyComputerCareer
I thought he kisses his players? Now he yells at them?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Forever young and forever entitled!
Decay
AG
TommyDreamer said:

I thought he kisses his players? Now he yells at them?

Abuse 101: yell, then kiss
Potcake
AG
BohunkAg said:

So, Herman likes Chardonnay, I thought it was vodka?
astroboy
AG
Now is he the "new, new sheriff" or the "new tough guy" ? Can somebody get Ketch on the horn to get this straight? I got grandkids waiting from the last search.
Jock 07
AG
Is metal mouth planning on deepening the PIT?
Nixter
AG
Did he rip his shirt off and challenge the team to a fight? No? Pansy.

Quote:

In 2005, Orgeron's players absolutely hated him, and for good reason. Upon his hire in December 2004, Orgeron tested his new players' physicality by challenging them to a fight.

The story took a life of its own, but the confirmed version is that O summoned his team late one evening in the winter, removed his shirt, and told "any mother****ing one of you that thinks he can" to fight him. To the chagrin of countless plaintiffs' attorneys, no one did.

"It was the strangest thing I've ever seen in my life," a former player told me. "I mean, we had plenty of guys on that team from some really bad places. Any other situation and some guy like that taking his shirt off and talking **** to those players, he would've been jumped or shot or both. I still can't figure out if he knew that, that no one would try and fight their new head coach. He was such an *******."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/2/13/8029413/ed-orgeron-coach-lsu-ole-miss-usc
The new coach, tough guy, disciplinarian, "we mean business this time" narrative is such a crock.
Bonfire1996
AG
To do that, you need skins on the wall as a head coach. And you can't follow a guy that was fired whom his players loved.
BESCo91
AG
BohunkAg said:

I hope you are right, Bo.
I am far from a Herman fan boy, but in that sh-t league I expect Herman to be able to go 9-3 or maybe 10-2 in some years.
Al Bula
AG
Herman will probably light up the abortion clinic known as the Big XII.

What I wanna from Ketch is, can I tell my grandkids about this and do I have his permission to dream big?
WestAustinAg
AG
StephenvilleAg77 said:

Now that Charlie has been fired, the truth is coming out: the past three years of narratives reported by all the sip paid-website reporters and the DMN, AAS, and LHN reporters -- which claimed that Charlie's practices, scrimmages, and offseason workouts were tough and physical -- those narratives were all a load of b.s. intended to impress sip fans, high school recruits, and the high school coaches in this state.

Meanwhile, the OR forum watched the lil brother sips play on tv, noticed how soft Charlie's teams were on both offense and defense in their games in 2015 & 2016, and correctly pointed all this out months ago.

Send us $9.95, sip lurkers.

reminds me of 1984..."we've always been at war with xxx"
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.