Ketch is already setting Herman up as the tough guy

14,074 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JustisWalkert
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgDotCom said:

I remember the first day Jackie Sherrill was on the A&M campus for the press conference and to meet the players.

He walked into the locker room to meet his players and the first thing he said was "take your ****ing caps off".

The difference is Jackie had a foot long peen and his Pitt teams finished ranked in the Top 10 for something like 4 or 5 years.

You don't just walk in and flop your johnson on the table when you lost to SMU and Navy two months ago.
quoted and bolded for some mother effing truth.
jonj101
"New sheriff"..... lolol

Herman is doing the same thing he did in Houston - taking on a fabricated persona to appeal to everyone watching. In Austin its the "Ok theres going to be some changes, discipline, and winning round these here parts." In Houston it was the H-Town takeover, underdog and united family image to show the big boys on the national stage that the Coogs could compete with them.

Not taking anything away from his coaching ability, but he carries himself like a thin skinned shady used car salesman. It'll be interesting to see how many good recruits trust him going forward.

jickyjack1
StephenvilleAg77 said:

So has any sip website or sip message board confirmed which true freshman it was?

Herman sounds like the second coming of Bob Weltlich.

You've done it! Everyone has been struggling for a nickname for Herman, and you struck the tone: "Kaiser Tom"!
phatbeast
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

StephenvilleAg77 said:

More sip qb news:

Kyle Allen will graduate from UH in May, and as a grad transfer, can stay at UH or he can go pretty much anyplace that wants him.

A couple of sip recruiting sites reported today that Tom Herman & staff won't be pursuing Kyle Allen to join them at Utx -- unless their other qb offers all fall through and current qb's on the roster get injured in the Spring.

No interest in a five-star qb who knows your offense and who you've just spent 12 months coaching and working with in the film room and in practice?

Hmm.

Wow. Kyle Allen made the worst mistake of his life transferring out of A&M, especially since he had the freaking starting job essentially guaranteed once Kryler left.

He announced his transfer before Kyler did. I think he would have stayed if he had known.

Kyler is a ******. Sumlin's "success" recruiting him was so much more damaging than any 5* on whom we missed out.
staticdoor
AG
Says a lot about Kyle Allen that Herman doesn't want him
jickyjack1
phatbeast said:

Tamu_mgm said:

StephenvilleAg77 said:

More sip qb news:

Kyle Allen will graduate from UH in May, and as a grad transfer, can stay at UH or he can go pretty much anyplace that wants him.

A couple of sip recruiting sites reported today that Tom Herman & staff won't be pursuing Kyle Allen to join them at Utx -- unless their other qb offers all fall through and current qb's on the roster get injured in the Spring.

No interest in a five-star qb who knows your offense and who you've just spent 12 months coaching and working with in the film room and in practice?

Hmm.

Wow. Kyle Allen made the worst mistake of his life transferring out of A&M, especially since he had the freaking starting job essentially guaranteed once Kryler left.

He announced his transfer before Kyler did. I think he would have stayed if he had known.

Kyler is a ******. Sumlin's "success" recruiting him was so much more damaging than any 5* on whom we missed out.

I'm pretty sure that if Sumlin had had his way, Kyler would not have received a scholarship to A&M. There was a whole lot of pressure to get him. Surely you haven't forgotten.

Accepting (which I do; you might not) the above as the case, you are undoubtedly correct. The little poot was poison.
Rocco S
Texan1976 said:

BQ_90 said:

Honestly does anyone believe any of that bull*****

I'd like to think no. But the average person isn't that bright. And half the population is worse.

Ketchum provides a lot of entertainment. You're going to miss him when those pluckers wings finally take him out.
I don't mean this really as an insult, but your average Texas longhorn fan is full throttle stupid.
Rocco S
phatbeast said:

Tamu_mgm said:

StephenvilleAg77 said:

More sip qb news:

Hmm.

Kyle Allen would flourish in Mazzone's offense, however I think Knight was a better fit for us this year, where we needed his mobility to facilitate the running game.
MooreTrucker
AG
Rocco S said:

Texan1976 said:

BQ_90 said:

Honestly does anyone believe any of that bull*****

I'd like to think no. But the average person isn't that bright. And half the population is worse.

Ketchum provides a lot of entertainment. You're going to miss him when those pluckers wings finally take him out.
I don't mean this really as an insult, but your average Texas longhorn fan is full throttle stupid.
If it's the truth, is it truly an insult?
permabull
AG
Tripacer
StephenvilleAg77 said:

So has any sip website or sip message board confirmed which true freshman it was?

Herman sounds like the second coming of Bob Weltlich.

I have to wonder if it wasn't some walkon seated "conveniently" in front where everyone could see him.
StephenvilleAg77
hypeiv said:

jickyjack1 said:

phatbeast said:

Tamu_mgm said:

StephenvilleAg77 said:

More sip qb news:

Hmm.

I'm pretty sure that if Sumlin had had his way, Kyler would not have received a scholarship to A&M. There was a whole lot of pressure to get him. Surely you haven't forgotten.

Accepting (which I do; you might not) the above as the case, you are undoubtedly correct. The little poot was poison.
I agree with the above... Sumlin was pretty much told he had to offer to Kyler. Before coming to A&M Sumlin had success with a pro style pocket passers, but since he made the dual threat thing work with Johnny Manziel, everyone assumed that was Sumlin's style. Kyler was a legacy and legend in the Texas highschool world plus signing him had coat tails with Dylan Mack and Christian Kirk. If Sumlin had passed on him he would have been immediately put on the hot seat and this forum would have melted down worse than ever.
Agreed, KDS had to sign him. What I remember best is 247gigem Jeff Tarpley's "expert" analysis of Kyler as a D1 qb prospect. It was some of the most laughably stupid stuff ever written.
Texan1976
Wait, you guys didn't want Kyler?
GAC06
AG
People here would have lost their minds if we didn't get Kyler. Legacy, plus people thought he would be Johnny 2.0
dreyOO
Sumlin may prefer pocket passers, but I believe his offense won't work in the SEC without a dual threat QB that can take punishment.

Regarding pee wee hermans tough guy persona, I can't wait to watch baker mayfield run it up on them. That is, if I can remember to wake up early enough to catch the red river brunchfest.
Jock 07
AG
Kryler better start dusting off that baseball mitt
phatbeast
AG
jickyjack1 said:

phatbeast said:

Tamu_mgm said:

StephenvilleAg77 said:

More sip qb news:

Hmm.

Not really blaming it on Sumlin. No one could have known how toxic he would really be. Just saying it's ironic that this recruiting success turned into such a failure.
BohunkAg
AG
GAC06
AG
Did he get hair plugs or what?
Gigem314
AG
BohunkAg said:

I will be the first one to say this.....this has the makings of a John Mackovic-type situation. You heard it here first.
Was thinking the same thing too.

I think he'll improve their recruiting (mostly on offense) and win more games than his predecessor, but fall short of winning at an elite level...and struggle to build a consistent defense.
phatbeast
AG
Gigem314 said:

BohunkAg said:

I will be the first one to say this.....this has the makings of a John Mackovic-type situation. You heard it here first.
Was thinking the same thing too.

I think he'll improve their recruiting (mostly on offense) and win more games than his predecessor, but fall short of winning at an elite level...and struggle to build a consistent defense.

You think he'll be able to beat Kansas? Are they better than SMU?
ebdb_bnb
Rocco S said:

Kyle Allen would flourish in Mazzone's offense, however I think Knight was a better fit for us this year, where we needed his mobility to facilitate the running game.
Flourish huh. So Mazzone could somehow make him stop throwing to the other team?
DifferenceMaker Ag
I wonder if he settled the team's preference for tongue or no tongue during his initial meeting.
Bonfire1996
AG
I can't wait till the gay community at Texas makes a PR push about Herman's pregame kiss line. You thought cocks not flocks was great, just wait.
JustisWalkert
AG
An assistant coach will be assigned to screen the pregame kiss line for non football players.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.