Fat Ketch thinks he's personally bringing Baylor down....

14,940 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jickyjack1
kw1960
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
He may be a fat slob but I love how he's calling them out.
Yep, sad that it is him, but better him than nobody.
kw1960
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
He may be a fat slob but I love how he's calling them out.
I don't understand this whole Gaylor scandal.

Apparently you're supposed to kick a guy off the team and ruin his career as soon as someone makes an allegation against him, due process be damned?
The mob isnt demanding knee-jerk reactions from the university, ad, or coaching staff. But, when a very apparent pattern emerges--and no action is taken by the same--then the public becomes furious.
A pattern of what, specifically? Players being accused of rape? Well that's what happens when you recruit the thugs necessary to win at a high level. Criminal activities by A&M players have gone up with our recruiting fortunes as well.

A pattern of players not being preemptively kicked off the team before being charged with a crime? See my message above.
Obviously you are right and no nothing of the Baylor situation. In at least one case, charges WERE filed, and the guy was not removed from the team. Said player was later found guilty.
kw1960
quote:
quote:
1. You can kick someone off the team for skipping class. Most people would consider rape to be more serious, but perhaps not you (see point 2).
Skipping class, or being accused of skipping class?
quote:
2. Maybe you think rape accusations aren't serious, but others do: "However, in the United States, the FBI Uniform Crime Report in 1996 and the United States Department of Justice in 1997 stated 8% of rape accusations in the United States were regarded as unfounded or false." So using your logic there is a 92% chance that a rape was real, so maybe that isn't enough to convince you and you would throw the accuser out of school. But, the accused at Baylor were accused by more than 1 woman. You would think that changes the odds of a false accusation considerably, but perhaps you wouldn't and you would protect the player. Perhaps your name is Art Briles.

Government agencies "state" a lot of stupid ****, all the time. Barack Obama is still parroting wage gap statistics that were discredited 30 years ago. Hillary Clinton still thinks 1 in 4 female college students are raped.

There is a bandwagon effect when someone is accused of rape publicly. This is due to a lot of reasons, but in this case the deep pockets of Baylor University and the potential future NFL earnings of the players have to be taken into account. The Bill Cosby Effect, as it were.

And **** you for saying I "don't consider rape to be serious". By the same logic, I guess you don't think due process is important?
There is NO DUE PROCESS clause for the right to play college football genius.
kw1960
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
By your own stat, either 4 or 5 of the accusations against Baylor football players have merit. Both the University and Waco PD either actively or passively chose not to pursue the "credible" accusations; thats enough to piss me off, at least.

Maybe its because I have daughters.
That may be evidence of corruption in the law enforcement agencies, which of course can't be tolerated. But punishing Art Briles for it is misguided.
What duty does Art owe to a potential victim whom he is aware has stated that a rape occurred?
Zero, until the accused has been indicted. Art Briles is not a detective.
One again you show your ignorance, several players WERE indicted, two were actually found guilty in a court of law. How ignorant can one possibly be.
wbt5845
AG
AgDotCom
SigAg6
AG
Ketch is hungry for justice.
End Of Message
AG
quote:
Ketch is hungry for justice.

EOT
titanmaster_race
Nvm
marble rye
AG
What rock have you been living under?
Stevetex.
quote:
The real question is, where would Fatboy stand on Briles if Texas had hired him 2 years ago and then all these past transgressions had come to light once he was in Austin. My guess is he would have his face buried in a Chinese buffet.

Texas wasn't dumb enough to hire him.
TennAg
quote:
quote:
KCEN news (Waco) reporting that Ken Starr is out.

http://www.kcentv.com/story/32051880/baylor-president-ken-starr-fired

Looks like Chimp got one right for once. However, he's got a long way to go before he's above the Mendoza line.

Guess the source of that "news" piece? Chip Brown.
Rocco S
And you were too dumb to get into Texas
jickyjack1
quote:
quote:
quote:
Players being accused of rape? Well that's what happens when you recruit the thugs necessary to win at a high level. Criminal activities by A&M players have gone up with our recruiting fortunes as well.

What is that second sentence supposed to mean? And the third? Do you mean either of those unreservedly?

Yours is a very ill-considered post.

marble rye
AG
And our players actually get kicked off the team.
jickyjack1
quote:
quote:
The real question is, where would Fatboy stand on Briles if Texas had hired him 2 years ago and then all these past transgressions had come to light once he was in Austin. My guess is he would have his face buried in a Chinese buffet.

If they were dumb enough to hire Chollie they are dumb enough to hire anybody.
Garrelli 5000
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I seem to recall the rumor mill stating that tu tried to hire Briles but his deal with Baylor was better than they were prepared to offer. He's was one of the first 5 tu offered before they were stuck with Chollie.
Rocco S
tu wanted him to come in for an interview and he said he wouldn't. Offer me the job, but I'm not interviewing. Smart move by him, really.
jickyjack1
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I seem to recall the rumor mill stating that tu tried to hire Briles but his deal with Baylor was better than they were prepared to offer. He's was one of the first 5 tu offered before they were stuck with Chollie.

The version I've always heard was that they were seriously interested in Briles but wanted him to interview like any other candidate, and Briles took umbrage because he felt he should be designated without "lowering himself" (my wording). Neither side budged, so hello Chollie.

The Longhorns haven't had many laughs the past few years and are yukking it up at Baylor's expense.

The substantial list of those who would seriously like Texas to never laugh again has lengthened.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:

But Texas was smart enough to hire Charlie Strong ...
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Of course not, powers didn't offer
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
So after all the responses, do you at least somewhat see what Art is in hot water for?
Yes.

• Based on titanmaster's post, I now understand what he did that was wrong and deserving of punishment.
  • Based on everyone else's posts, I now understand what he did that might have been illegal under a stupid law / interpretation thereof, and is likely to get him fired.

So Title 9 is a stupid law?

I think you;re actually more obtuse than the sip idiots around here like nhayden and 33.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chuck is doing very well on the recruiting trail these last few years.

Just ask Summy.
Rocco S
So you measure your tshirt school's success in recruiting vs A&M, in which Chuck has a sizable losing record?

That's basically exactly what you just said
Hood
AG
Coach February is averaging 5.5 wins per year.

Nice work.
Stevetex.
quote:
tu wanted him to come in for an interview and he said he wouldn't. Offer me the job, but I'm not interviewing. Smart move by him, really.

Wrong again Rocco.

He offered to come in and take over for the program and Texas said " you get in line like the rest of them"

That's when he yanked his name.

Funny, he thought he was just going to walk into this program like He's Somebody?
Stevetex.
quote:
So you measure your tshirt school's success in recruiting vs A&M, in which Chuck has a sizable losing record?

That's basically exactly what you just said

Not Lately.
phillyag92
AG
How many Jeffs actually spell their name "Geoff"?
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just ask Summy.
And how is Charlie doing on the field? Better or worse than the coach Texas fired before hiring Charlie?

Isn't that all that matters?
Oruc Reis
AG
The issue was they weren't even investigated! Just half ass looked into or ignored altogether
phillyag92
AG
I travel all over the country and NO ONE is concerned with THE university of tx. A guy in Ohio recently asked me if they still had an athletic program.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just ask Summy.
And how is Charlie doing on the field? Better or worse than the coach Texas fired before hiring Charlie?

Considering that statement I would give him another year to see what Texas can do. Players are hungry and ready to play for Chuck.

phillyag92
AG
And you don't think players are hungry and ready to play for other coaches?
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just ask Summy.

Considering that statement I would give him another year to see what Texas can do. Players are hungry and ready to play for Chuck.

OK. So another 5-6 win season and you'll admit this was a bad hire?
HTownAg98
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just ask Summy.

Two years minimum. Hell, just give him a five year extension for all of his on field success.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.