Fat Ketch thinks he's personally bringing Baylor down....

14,919 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jickyjack1
Stevetex.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
And you don't think players are hungry and ready to play for other coaches?

Yea I heard Summy was pounding the podium saying our players are ready! Now that's a statement.

Wonder who should be more worried, Chuck or Summy?

I'd say Chuck. Summys contract has a ridiculous buyout clause he can play poker with.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
So you measure your tshirt school's success in recruiting vs A&M, in which Chuck has a sizable losing record?

That's basically exactly what you just said

Not Lately.

Wasnt 2016 pretty close to even? I know we kicked your tshirt schools head in sideways in 14 and 15 in head to heads and 17 looks like we'll have the advantage again.

So you don't deny your being happy with Chuck is simply based on head to head recruiting with A&M in the 2016 class?
RAB87
AG
So where was Ketch during the Old Freak Nasty scandal?
Rocco S
quote:
So where was Ketch during the Old Freak Nasty scandal?

Pluckers
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:
So you measure your tshirt school's success in recruiting vs A&M, in which Chuck has a sizable losing record?

Not Lately.

Wasnt 2016 pretty close to even? I know we kicked your tshirt schools head in sideways in 14 and 15 in head to heads and 17 looks like we'll have the advantage again.

So you don't deny your being happy with Chuck is simply based on head to head recruiting with A&M in the 2016 class?

Where do you see that for 2017?

Estell just committed to Texas and y'all wanted him bad.

The last four commits we had all held offers from the Aggies.

I'll admit last year was even but for 2017 on head to heada so far? no.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not Lately.

So Aggies recruited better than Texas head-to-head in 14 and 15, even in 16 ... and you call that having recruiting success vs. Aggies? Based on what may or may not happen in 17? And you're certain that all 17 commits will sign?
Aggball2010
AG
quote:
quote:
tu wanted him to come in for an interview and he said he wouldn't. Offer me the job, but I'm not interviewing. Smart move by him, really.

Wrong again Rocco.

He offered to come in and take over for the program and Texas said "you get in line like the rest of them"

That's when he yanked his name.

Funny, he thought he was just going to walk into this program like He's Somebody?

Out of curiosity, who comprised "the rest of them"?
Rocco S
Steve, you're trying to get lost in the details because you don't want to answer the question.

What's Chuck done other than beat A&M for some recruits that gives you hope?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
How many Jeffs actually spell their name "Geoff"?
Just the ***gots
Stevetex.
quote:
Steve, you're trying to get lost in the details because you don't want to answer the question.

Yes, he said it.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, he said it.

Someone turn on the light so Randolph jr.will go scurrying back under the baseboards.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not Lately.

So Aggies recruited better than Texas head-to-head in 14 and 15, even in 16 ... and you call that having recruiting success vs. Aggies? Based on what may or may not happen in 17? And you're certain that all 17 commits will sign?

The only thing sure is Death and Taxes.
Aggball2010
AG
I'll ask again....

quote:
quote:
tu wanted him to come in for an interview and he said he wouldn't. Offer me the job, but I'm not interviewing. Smart move by him, really.

Wrong again Rocco.

He offered to come in and take over for the program and Texas said "you get in line like the rest of them"

Funny, he thought he was just going to walk into this program like He's Somebody?

Out of curiosity, who comprised "the rest of them"?
Goodfield Nohit
you know, Saban, all the Harbaughs, and all the Moras, and oh yeah Sumin.

Muy
AG
Roll Baylor in lemon pepper and buffalo sauce and it'll go down quicker.
Muy
AG
Dale Hansen Unplugged just went after Briles like nothing I've seen to date.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Has to be out there somewhere online ...
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
Players are hungry and ready to play for Chuck.

They weren't hungry for TCU last year? Guess Iowa State gave them all they could eat.
Oruc Reis
AG
quote:
quote:

Can't find it yet, will be in the morning for sure
Muy
AG
It'll have to be. He was spot on, and about to come unglued at how sick he is at the lack of people who seem to care about what has been going on down there.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Apparently you're supposed to kick a guy off the team and ruin his career as soon as someone makes an allegation against him, due process be damned?
I don't think anyone is asserting Baylor or any other school take that absurd action. However, you DO handle it something similar to this:

-- review allegation; if there IS something there (i.e. it doesn't appear to be phony or a prank), you SUSPEND the player; not indefinitely, just for the time being

-- any allegation of a crime, particularly a felony, requires you to get the police involved;

-- any arrest = suspension; PERIOD -- until the matter is resolved

-- any University is more than able to assist their students on things like counseling and personal crisis management; you don't tell students, particularly those who have made credible allegations of violence by another student, that you can't do anything for them

-- the athletic department needs to monitor the situation and advise the coaching staff of the sport involved of what is going on; they further need to develop and utilize a policy similar (but more detailed) to what I'm outlining here

-- when the AD has a meeting with the alleged rape victim, he doesn't play dumb; if something got missed, he picks up the ball and runs with it

-- finally, the President deals with issues the AD or head coach won't deal with, and actually LEADS his staff in the proper direction; he doesn't wait until the **** hits the fan, multiple news outlets pick up on it and start running stories to assert totally incredible defenses

Ken Starr should have written a memo to both McCaw and Briles demanding that they take care of these rape allegation issues or that he (Starr) would. When he got back a picture of Briles shooting him the bird, he can take that to the board of regents and finally the press if he did get ousted.

Arguing over the due process rights of the accused students is a red herring. Your comment doesn't seem to show concern for the due process rights of the victims.
Aggball2010
AG
quote:
quote:
Apparently you're supposed to kick a guy off the team and ruin his career as soon as someone makes an allegation against him, due process be damned?
I don't think anyone is asserting Baylor or any other school take that absurd action. However, you DO handle it something similar to this:

-- review allegation; if there IS something there (i.e. it doesn't appear to be phony or a prank), you SUSPEND the player; not indefinitely, just for the time being

-- any allegation of a crime, particularly a felony, requires you to get the police involved;

-- any arrest = suspension; PERIOD -- until the matter is resolved

-- any University is more than able to assist their students on things like counseling and personal crisis management; you don't tell students, particularly those who have made credible allegations of violence by another student, that you can't do anything for them

-- the athletic department needs to monitor the situation and advise the coaching staff of the sport involved of what is going on; they further need to develop and utilize a policy similar (but more detailed) to what I'm outlining here

-- when the AD has a meeting with the alleged rape victim, he doesn't play dumb; if something got missed, he picks up the ball and runs with it

-- finally, the President deals with issues the AD or head coach won't deal with, and actually LEADS his staff in the proper direction; he doesn't wait until the **** hits the fan, multiple news outlets pick up on it and start running stories to assert totally incredible defenses

Ken Starr should have written a memo to both McCaw and Briles demanding that they take care of these rape allegation issues or that he (Starr) would. When he got back a picture of Briles shooting him the bird, he can take that to the board of regents and finally the press if he did get ousted.

Arguing over the due process rights of the accused students is a red herring. Your comment doesn't seem to show concern for the due process rights of the victims.

Great post.
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
quote:

Wrong again Rocco.

He offered to come in and take over for the program and Texas said " you get in line like the rest of them"

Sounds like how Texas and their fans still think of themselves.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Dale Hansen from their website:

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/dale-hansen-unplugged-briles-has-failed-the-women-of-baylor/214199456
Muy
aginlakeway
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
If the case gets dropped, he's been punished unjustly, with damage to his career and reputation.

quote:
Of what benefit to the victim is suspending the accused before he has been indicted?
Joe Exotic
AG
Continued presence and proximity of an assailant can cause extreme emotional harm to victims. It also presents situations of intimidation. In the Army immediate unit transfer of the accused is almost always the first step in a SHARP investigation.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
If the case gets dropped, he's been punished unjustly, with damage to his career and reputation.

quote:
Of what benefit to the victim is suspending the accused before he has been indicted?
That's the KEY part of one of the cases, that the predator was allowed to remain on campus, IN CLASS with her. Destroyed her psychologically to the point that she left school.

And oh btw, he was found guilty, which did NOTHING to help the victim.

If you suspend a kid for something like this, and he's found not guilty, that's bad and you apologize. But it's nothing compared to the damage done to the victims.
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:

Considering that statement I would give him another year to see what Texas can do. Players are hungry and ready to play for Chuck.
They're hungry for more mouth watering brisket sandwiches.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
That's the KEY part of one of the cases, that the predator was allowed to remain on campus, IN CLASS with her. Destroyed her psychologically to the point that she left school.

And oh btw, he was found guilty, which did NOTHING to help the victim.

If you suspend a kid for something like this, and he's found not guilty, that's bad and you apologize. But it's nothing compared to the damage done to the victims.

Not to mention he was free to rape other women without any scrutiny or warnings.
Ft Worth Ag
AG
So, have the bloggers for the UT-Austin program jumped the gun and created a non-story on a rival program?

Or has some of Liucci's friends been feeding Chip Brown more disinformation to make him look bad?
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:

The initial suspension is based on the credibility of the allegation, not the evidence of the charge. Are you suggesting people should NEVER be arrested, since they haven't been convicted yet? A suspension is similar to an arrest.

If the charges are eventually dropped, the school/player is free to remove all references to a suspension and even petition the NCAA for additional eligibility if games were missed. There is also civil courts for outlandish allegations.

What exactly would be your alternative?

quote:

There may or may not be an actual benefit to the single victim in this scenario. But not suspending players gives them the perception that the coaches don't care what happens off the practice and game field. THAT is what happened in this case.
MooreTrucker
AG

quote:
There may or may not be an actual benefit to the single victim in this scenario. But not suspending players gives them the perception that the coaches don't care what happens off the practice and game field. THAT is what happened in this case.

There actually would have been a benefit to the victim, at least one of them, of having the player suspended or otherwise indicated that there might be a problem with him....
Hood
AG
Of course.

Of course.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.