Randolph Duke

768,996 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I also don't get Duke's obsession over Matthew Gaines. Gaines was member of the legislature when A&M was created, and he was supposed to be an advocate for education, and for Texas A&M.

Okay, great. He appears to be an honorable and intelligent man.

However, I have looked, and never found, any information on why he deserves a statue on the A&M campus, over any other member of the Legislature at that time. If anyone can point out to me the things he did for A&M, I'd love to read about them. All I can find is that he was one of many in a legislature that voted in favor.

My suspicion is that some groups want to have a statue of a black man for their own political purposes, and his was as close of a connection as they could find.

You want to honor someone, there were generations of cooks, janitors, and groundskeepers serving A&M at a time when their own kids weren't allowed to attend. That's selfless service, and one of our Core Values, I believe.
I can remember the College Republicans wanting a statue of Gaines put on A&M's campus as far back as 1995.

"He was a freedman who was instrumental in the founding of A&M" was the reason I was told they were in favor of it.

I doubt the CRs wanted "a statue of a black man for their own political purposes", so let's kill that conspiracy theory before it even begins.
The Agly Duckling
aggiehawg said:

Hhmm, Ol' Randy's research skills have failed him. He doesn't believe tbird is a Black man.

Quote:

The guy represents himself to be a person of color and doesn't find anything biased in a culture where the statue of Sul Ross can't be touched, but the proposed statue of Matthew Gaines gets shouted down every time it comes up. And he doesn't believe any of ****'s history or turditions should be repudiated. Instead, he wants to talk about whether I think their "12th Man" fairy tale is a racist fairy tale.
I could have sworn Randy had been posting on tigerdroppings. tbird is well-known in those parts and has often posted pics of himself, his lovely wife and his new son.
Randy's gonna have to get over himself. tbird's been Black pretty much his entire life.
c-jags
I've met tbird. He be black. And good folk. There are a lot more degenerate aggies to pick on than him.
The Agly Duckling
Irish_Man said:

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Lol
I got one of those, and some of their posters talked about how crappy it was that a "reasonable ****" who talked sense and was real should be banned, and how badly it reflected on the site.

Of course, most of them went slasher on my posts.
realestateguru
AG
Quote:

The Jimbo Fisher era at aTm is going to be beyond glorious.

They are over $300 million in debt; relative to revenue, their debt service is the highest in D1 and three times that of UT Austin or Ohio State; last I heard their "top facilities" for football were having trouble managing to achieve functioning toilets and their outdoor track facility was too small to host the state high school meet; and UT Austin will probably top their revenue for the 2016-2017 year by over $70 million; their $75 million head coach is still struggling to find people wanting to round out his staff (we are within a month of signing day and Fisher still doesn't have a defensive coordinator).

Dumb$#@! rednecks. The "mighty men" who won WWII all by themselves have become a festering pustule of ignorance that has given up on any dream of academic excellence and unable to even compete for a divisional title in college football
Well I guess a kinder gentler Charles M Satterfield III new year's resolution is over.
MooreTrucker
AG
Wow. that nonsense alone could be used as evidence of mental incompetence.
88jrt06
AG
realestateguru said:

Dumb$#@! rednecks. The "mighty men" who won WWII all by themselves have become a festering pustule of ignorance that has given up on any dream of academic excellence and unable to even compete for a divisional title in college football
Well I guess a kinder gentler Charles M Satterfield III new year's resolution is over.
Have another opioid, Chuckie.

An 18 year-old Ag in 1945 would be 90 or 91 years old today. Most WW2 vets have passed.
Charles is attacking the greatest generation, calling them "a festering pustule of ignorance".
He knows there are only a dozen or so around who could/would kick his sorry ass now, so he feels safe.
World-class ass
MooreTrucker
AG
You know, when I was a fish one of the things we learned that sips are worse that the lowest layer of whale excrement in the deepest part of the ocean.

This despicable scumbag defines that.
SACR
AG
realestateguru said:

Quote:

They are over $300 million in debt; relative to revenue, their debt service is the highest in D1 and three times that of UT Austin or Ohio State; last I heard their "top facilities" for football were having trouble managing to achieve functioning toilets and their outdoor track facility was too small to host the state high school meet; and UT Austin will probably top their revenue for the 2016-2017 year by over $70 million; their $75 million head coach is still struggling to find people wanting to round out his staff (we are within a month of signing day and Fisher still doesn't have a defensive coordinator).

Cal-Berkeley says 'hello'. you ignoramus.

The ironic thing about Satterfield screaming about debt service is the whole reason texas couldn't go to another conference during the last round of realignment in 2011 was ultimately because of their debt service. texas' athletic department desperately needed the extra $7 million a year they were receiving from ESPN to help pay down their debt service on facilities upgrades that they made in 1998 (but were never budgeted for). texas had debt service of over $250 million, and that was back in 2005. texas' debt service was $218 million in 2016, scheduled to be paid off by 2044. texas pays $25.7 million in debt service and facility rental payments annually, and we haven't even added on the costs of the new basketball arena or tennis facilities or any other football facility renovations or expansions (figure another $300-$400 million for those facility improvements).

Do we even need to get into the fact that texas spends $5 million MORE than Ohio State and $13 million MORE than Michigan, despite the fact that texas fields only 18 varsity teams, while the Buckeyes field 37 teams, and the Wolverines field 30 teams? texas athletics is a walking monument to financial irresponsibility and inefficiency, yet Satterfield points the finger at others. It is ****ing laughable.
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
JR69
AG
MooreTrucker said:

You know, when I was a fish one of the things we learned that sips are worse that the lowest layer of whale excrement in the deepest part of the ocean.

This despicable scumbag defines that.
I heard the same thing but never bothered to check it out. I took the p**sheads' word for it
Bucketrunner
Sigh. I opened this thread hoping he had celebrated the New Year by putting a bullet through his head. Guess I'll have to wait until Valentines Day.
McInnis80
The numbers showing UT Athletics makes more money and spends more money than Ohio State are highly suspect. Our friend Steve Patterson went wild with prices increases and spending cuts when he saw the real numbers. I saw somewhere where UT includes concert and event revenue from the Erwin Center in the Athletic Department P&L. That is one way to gross up the P&L sheet. If you go a concert at the Erwin Center for a show, you purchase your tickets from the Athletic Department instead of Ticketmaster. Also the contact to book the Center is in the Athletic Department.

There is no way that Ohio State is spending less than Texas on Athletics. Especially since Ohio State has Men's volleyball, soccer, wrestling, plus Men's and Women's gymnastics, hockey and lacrosse. "Randy" and his lackeys should worry about where UT will build their new basketball arena and how they will pay for it. For some strange reason the City of Austin has not shown any interest in using a hotel tax or a rental car to help pay for it. I can't imagine why Austin said no. Couldn't be that UT "has more money than the Vatican" or that UT wanted to close down Lions Muny Golf Course.
realestateguru
AG
Quote:

Mark my words, the Jimbo Fisher era at aTm is going to be glorious. For everyone but the a g g y s
You do have a history of getting nothing correct.
VivaLaLefty
AG
Quote:

Amazing. Every word of what you just said... is wrong.
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
Even in dads final days, he would have beat the **** out of this guy.
goodAg80
AG
Aggie1944s Kid said:

Even in dads final days, he would have beat the **** out of this guy.
I wish they had met face-to-face and I had been there. I loved your dad's posts.
JR69
AG
88jrt06 said:

realestateguru said:

Have another opioid, Chuckie.

An 18 year-old Ag in 1945 would be 90 or 91 years old today. Most WW2 vets have passed.
Charles is attacking the greatest generation, calling them "a festering pustule of ignorance".
He knows there are only a dozen or so around who could/would kick his sorry ass now, so he feels safe.
World-class ass
My Dad, Class of '46/49 was one of those.men of the Greatest Generation, and also the #1 graduate in the College of Engineering. Fortunately for Dook, Dad passed away before this dipsh*t started spewing his crap.
88jrt06
AG
It's laughable to envision one of these gentlemen -Core of America's Greatest- interacting with sip #1:

"You. Yes you. Stop running. OK. Did you type this?"
"Stay away old man. My dad....Geneva....my dad..."
{Silence}
realestateguru
AG
Quote:

I have never been more sure of anything in my life as I am sure that the Jimbo Fisher era at aTm is going to be glorious. For everyone but the ****a.

This is going to get better and better. Just wait.
Rinse repeat rinse repeat....Nothing you say comes true you asperger ridden dolt.
MooreTrucker
AG
realestateguru said:

Quote:

I have never been more sure of anything in my life as I am sure that the Jimbo Fisher era at aTm is going to be glorious. For everyone but the ****a.

Rinse repeat rinse repeat....Nothing you say comes true you asperger ridden dolt.
Well he did get the first sentence right. Then he blew it.
Beetle 92
AG
MooreTrucker said:

realestateguru said:

Quote:

Well he did get the first sentence right. Then he blew it.
Cue the 'C**ks not Glocks' meme.
realestateguru
AG
Quote:

I'm reading the petition the plaintiffs filed against the **** 12th Man Foundation regarding the Kyle Field reseating fiasco. Fun reading.

For being so supposedly fabulously wealthy, they sure come off as being a bunch of dumb rednecks.

I guess "great financial need and low fundraising success" is some sort of a g g y code word for what we call "redneck rich."
You literally have no life outside of A&M do you? What a sad way to be a man in their mid 50s so obsessed with a Univeristy that doesn't know or care that you exist.
88jrt06
AG
****, I was in that fiasco, and frankly wouldn't ever care enough to read the plaintiff's original petition.
Now, Bev Kearney's and Appletits' testimony, I could make time for that.

Methinks he's running out of material.
Next attack: Spence Park Renovation?
The Agly Duckling
aggiehawg said:

mkorzo said:

This is fairly amazing.

You'll fare much better over there being openly racist, posting racist caricatures, and calling a black man an Uncle Tom than you will having attended TAMU.

He drops n-bombs, calls him a despicable racist name, and it's tbird that gets banned?

It just sounds so stupid when you say it out loud.
Some of the posters still don't believe that was a an actual pic of tbird and Quattro. (Nickname for his son because he is the fourth generation male to have the same name. tbird is the III. For those who might be confused.)

There is also a decidedly anti-military bent on the shag. tbird checked a lot of boxes. Black, Aggie, Conservative, military. The "Superfecta of the Shag".
And let's add "educated and articulate" to the quadrifecta.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
He's just mad because he thought he would get to make fun of us after Aranda fall through. Then we go out and moneywhip a very good Notre Dame coach.
The Agly Duckling
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I always try to keep those in my friend circle who've lost SO's especially close in my thoughts/prayers during the holidays. My wife is my world (along with the son she bore me). I'd be a much lesser man if not for her.

Very sorry for your loss. Always gives me extra pause when you post about him since I was born in '88.
Appreciate that. Tim was a special man. He was loved by everyone he ever met. Just a pure heart and the most romantic man I have ever met in my life. He called me his "yellow rose" (not in the hooker sense at San Jacinto but in the I was a Texas gal mentality) and gave me a dozen yellow roses every week we were married until he died. He saved and took out a loan six months in advance to get me a special anniversary gift for our second, a full length coyote coat with white fox trim, $3,000 coat. Because I loved it and dreamed some day I might be able to afford one without feeling guilty and self-indulgent.

In all of the wonderful times we had in our short marriage that was the most memorable and poignant. He was killed two months later. My brother was killed a week later. Tough times.
God Bless you for your losses, ma'am.

Here.

Here.
technoviking
AG
Ole Randy on the Elko hire:

Quote:

Elko is one year removed from Wake. He didn't build the ND defense by any means.

To his credit, he seems to have leveraged the ND brand well during recruiting, but recruiting for ND is never much of a problem.

Kelly can get someone to plug in as his DC and not miss a beat.

We will see how Elko does at ****. I think he will find recruiting difficult. He certainly isn't going to be able to recruit nationally, and their having anointed Dave Aranda as the best DC in the business isn't going to help them much with recruiting.

Next year will be a test as the ags have two defensive recruits signed as of now and and are going to have a lot of trouble putting together much of a class in 2018.

We will see. I don't think Elko being hired does anything to change the situation at ****. The first indicator will be whether **** gets a commit from Ossai. He had ND in his top 3, so he knows Elko. If Ossai ends up somewhere other than ****, that would be saying something.
For a guy that prides himself on "thoroughly researching" subjects, he missed a glaring stat regarding Elko and Notre Dame:

2016 without Elko: 4-8
2017 with Elko: 10-3

Hmmmm

I think we'll be recruiting just fine, nationally
Uncle Howdy
S
I love how ol Randy is an expert on every coach, every program, and every school's finances.
ProgN
Doink the Clown said:

I love how ol Randy is an expert on every coach, every program, and every school's finances.
He wasn't an expert at keeping his wife out of an aggies' bed tho.
plowboy1065
S
Prognightmare said:

Doink the Clown said:

Oops meant to Blue Star this
aggiejim70
AG
That's just mean. Funny as hell but mean.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
dmart90
AG
Doink the Clown said:

That dude's an Idiot.

Or is it idiot savant?

Nah, just an idiot.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
SACR
AG
Prognightmare said:

Doink the Clown said:

Honestly, can you blame her?

Imagine getting smashed by a man while he's ranting about A&M's athletic department finances, or how the 12th Man is a fake tradition, or how Stanford Financial screwed him over....it would drive any woman to step out on her marriage.
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
Smithjg
dmart90 said:

Doink the Clown said:

That dude's an Idiot.

Or is it idiot savant?

Nah, just an idiot.
Yeah, he is not real sharp and has proven it time and time again. Has RD/ CMS3 EVER been right about anything? I bet he couldn't count his balls and get the same number twice....
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

I bet he couldn't count his balls and get the same number twice....

Blueball Accounting
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.